British Speedway Forum
mudflaps

Panthers V Berwick 29/5/2015 Premier League 7.30pm

Graversen a good guest ? Are you having a laugh !!

I don't think Stichauer would have pulled up any trees either.

Why?..it only forecasts rain until lunch..that leaves 7hours for track prep.

Yeah, lots of rain!!

• Like 1

Yeah but Ged has lots of shale!..rain is forecasted to pass through at lunch...I would have thought it should leave plenty of time...though you are right its raining pretty heavy so I am a bit worried...be gutted if it's off again as should be a good turnout with it being a Friday night in school holidays.

Edited by Lukas

Speedway - Lambert looking for more points
1308324915.jpg
Red-hot reserve Simon Lambert.

Red-hot reserve Simon Lambert is out to pile up more points as Panthers attempt to extend their unbeaten start to the Premier League season tonight (May 29).

The Readypower Panthers – one of just two teams yet to beaten in the league – entertain Berwick Bandits at the East of England Showground (7.30pm).

And Lambert is determined to make it a hat-trick of double-figures displays in succession after pocketing a dozen points in the club’s last Premier League outing - a 45-45 draw at Sheffield - before delivering a match-winning haul of 15+1 in the Travel Plus Tours KO Cup first round, first leg showdown against Plymouth on Bank Holiday Monday.

Lambert said: “In all honesty I was a bit disappointed with 12 points at Sheffield because I didn’t make a single start all night there.

“But I was much happier on Bank Holiday Monday and it was probably the best I have ever ridden a speedway bike. I was making starts, I felt fast and scored some good points.

“I’m really enjoying my racing at Peterborough. It’s also great to be riding on my doorstep as it means a lot of my family and friends can get along to support.

“Hopefully my good form can continue against Berwick who have started the league season well themselves.

“But we are proud of our unbeaten record in the league and want to keep it going for as long as we can.”

Panthers have drafted in Lasse Bjerre to guest at number one while they operate the rider replacement facility to cover the absence of injured Lewis Blackbird.

Berwick are spearheaded by one of the leading riders at Premier League level, Ben Barker, and they also have an in-form reserve of their own with Richard Hall piling up the points in recent meetings.

Hall is a popular figure with Peterborough supporters after starring in the Elite League title success of 2006 and will be anxious to erase the memory of a fruitless return to Panthers colours last season.

Like Panthers, Berwick also track a much-changed team after losing two riders to serious injuries in the space of as many meetings last week.

Czech ace Hynek Stichauer suffered a broken ankle in a crash last Thursday and Claus Vissing damaged knee ligaments on Saturday.

Jan Graversen and Ryan Fisher, who raced at the Showground for his regular club Plymouth on Bank Holiday Monday, have received guest bookings.

The Bandits also operate rider replacement for Thomas Jorgensen who has a fixture clash in his native Denmark.

READYPOWER PANTHERS: Lasse Bjerre (guest), Rider replacement for Lewis Blackbird, Ollie Greenwood, Robert Lambert, Simon Lambert, Ulrich Ostergaard, Michael Palm Toft.

BERWICK: Ben Barker, Kevin Doolan, Alex Edberg, Ryan Fisher (guest), Jan Graversen (guest), Richard Hall, Rider replacement for Thomas Jorgensen.

http://www.peterboroughtoday.co.uk/sport/speedway/speedway-lambert-looking-for-more-points-1-6770058

Certainly on at the moment, it's now stopped raining and track staff are confident of getting it on.

Just started brightening up in Peterborough so fingers crossed we don't get anymore rain.

• Like 2

Leaving from Hoddesdon just after 5 so all updates appreciated :)

be no more rain now - fingers crossed :t:

ALL SYSTEMS GO

Friday May 29, 2015

PETERBOROUGH'S tough Premier League test against Berwick tonight (Friday) has been given the green light.

Club chiefs say the East of England Showground surface is in good condition thanks to the super efforts of track curator Dean Wyers and his staff.

The Readypower Panthers will bid to extend their unbeaten start to the league campaign against a Bandits side also in fine form.

The action gets underway at 7.30pm

Edited by Noodles
  • Like 1

news already posted on here that it's on - but just to add that it's blue skies now (I'm about 3 miles from the track as the crow flies). It's been an amazing turnaround in the weather but all the signs are that it will stay clear for this evening.

So yes, definitely set off.

Mind you, it's bound to be chilly later at the Showground - as per!

Scarves and thick coats at the ready :approve:

• Like 1

It's currently bright and breezy and the tracks in good shape from the pictures posted mid afternoon on Facebook.

Should be ok providing no more rain

According to updates looks like Richards been withdrawn

well, theres a lot of 'ifs' to be taken away from this, if we had Claus, TJ and Hynek, if our guests turned up, especially Fisher, awful from him and if Hall didnt get put into an ambulance due to Simon Lambert giving him no room what so ever and ending up hitting the fence, best wishes Hally, hopefully not to bad, we've had so many injuries already and Richard has been very impressive