British Speedway Forum
kingbee

Coventry V Poole 1/6/15

What about the paying public?

You should ask that to the Coventry team!

Also, I don't think there were many paying public from what I saw.

Edited by Steve0

What about the paying public?

You should ask that to the Coventry team!

Also, I don't think there were many paying public from what I saw.

I would have gone, that would have been MY choice knowing the forecast. Some you win, some you lose..It's the way it was all conducted that is the issue for me :(

Edited by Jacques
  • Like 1

Anybody know if SCB has got home yet, or is he still galloping down the A 4112 :rofl:

It's the heat 10 rule that's the farce! If the losing team knows it's going to get called off after heat 10 then of course they would ask for an earlier abandonment. Why wait till heat 10 if it isn't safe before that? If the the track is the same after heat 10 than it was in heat 9 then do heat 11 and so on. Remember before heat 10 Bees were still very much in the meeting but they knew it would be called after heat 10 as it wasn't safe before that.

• Like 1

Can't see how Poole are to blame. The match official said race, Poole were ready to race and Bees downed tools on the principle of rider safety. I do not think we have heard the last of this.

Well done to Poole who were the better side on the night in the conditions.

Poole are to blame for everything! (apparently)

If Havvy cared about rider safety he would have wanted it off after heat 5.

• Like 1

The heat 10 rule isn't the issue. The issue is the way it is applied by weak officials who lack the balls to call off a meeting after 8 or 9 heats, or having deemed a track safe stick to that decision beyond heat 10. Pearson banging on on sky about getting to heat 10 hardly helps.

Warsaw was another example where weak and incompetent officiating was the chief issue (note not comparing Warsaw track to this one)

• Like 2

Thank You SKY 10 heats of crap for £18.

Pay per view now is it ? Most moronic comment on the whole thread.

http://www.coventrybees.co/news.php?extend.3192

Very Interesting and honest podcast with Horton about tonight's meeting.

A extremely low day for the sport.

Thats a very good and honest appraisal from Mick Horton. And hotfoot after that really something needs to be done to correct it. As he said, and he's quite right Coventry would have lost a lot of money tonight, save for their Sky share. But the bottom line was and he's right what he says, for a top top meeting that was not a good advert for British Speedway.

What a load of bloody rubbish. Did he say the same after the Cov vs Lakeside meeting? Did he f**k!

Can't really compare the two. Weather much worse for this one. Not being allowed to prepare the track isn't good either.

I suspect what he's saying is that he paid 18 quid to get in when really the meeting should have been cancelled. As a result, he had to sit through '10 heats of crap' just to satisfy Sky.

Edited by G the Bee
  • Like 1

Harris did want to ride the last heat you could tell by his body language and the gestures he made at the cameras after it was run............Havvy really needs to stop throwing his toys out of the pram..............its not going to do him or the team any good..............

Harris seemed to point at Havvy and gesture that he's off his head. :sad:

• Like 4

Harris seemed to point at Havvy and gesture that he's off his head. :sad:

And I think he may have a good point as well! :lol:

• Like 5

Me thinks you've misread something there.. try reading it again.

Makes perfect sense, certainly not a moronic comment.