British Speedway Forum
kingbee

Coventry V Poole 1/6/15

If I remember correctly the wind was recorded at 45mph in Coventry that night. It must've been windy as Tatum was nearly knocked over by it. The first heat was 2-3 seconds slower than usual and the race times steadily got slower.

Exactly windy but not gale force and only got v windy towards the end and 2 seconds slower at the start only 6 seconds at the end and only the last race was slower than your NL rider reserves Edited by foreverblue

Arya is either Matt Ford or Steve Shovlar.

• Like 3

That is rubbish it was not gale force winds or heavy rain from the start it was windy and light rain it even stopped briefly on one or two occassions it only became really heavy at the end. The races were not noticeably slow at the start.

The wind was 45 - 50mph on the night according to forecasts (there was a wind warning)

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/Gale+force

Above is what is meant by the term gale force.

I'm not convinced you were there as your accounts of what happened that night are more like you watched it on TV. Were you the only Poole fan we saw in stands with the drum?

Exactly windy but not gale force and only got v windy towards the end and 2 seconds slower at the start only 6 seconds at the end and only the last race was slower than your NL rider reserves

You must have missed sky having to use wood to keep down their camera as the wind kept knocking the stand & camera over and the tyres kept moving on the dog track BEFORE the start. Not sure what time you got there, if at all, if you think it wasn't windy till later on. 😴😉

The fact the times were 6 seconds slower than usual shows that the riders were holding back on the track and felt uncomfortable

Edited by mdmc82
  • Like 2

I'm not convinced you were there as your accounts of what happened that night are more like you watched it on TV. Were you the only Poole fan we saw in stands with the drum?

Coming from the person who lied about being at Swindon last season?

• Like 1

Coming from the person who lied about being at Swindon last season?

Where did I say I was at Swindon??

The comments I made were about the Swindon match at Brandon last year (one with Dave Robinson) where some moaned blaming the very light drizzle in later heats for their teams loss.

(You never keep me on block for very long seeing as you say you don't want to see my comments 😉)

Orions point is spot on. When I complained about the Lakeside heat 10 a few people told me I was wrong, nobody agreed with me. 4 weeks later it's the the worst thing ever.

Spot on from you as well SCB. You are in the 5% of posters on here who can see outside their own teams bubble and don't post biased drivel all the time.

• Like 1

The wind was 45 - 50mph on the night according to forecasts (there was a wind warning)

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/Gale+force

Above is what is meant by the term gale force.

You must have missed sky having to use wood to keep down their camera as the wind kept knocking the stand & camera over and the tyres kept moving on the dog track BEFORE the start. Not sure what time you got there, if at all, if you think it wasn't windy till later on.

The fact the times were 6 seconds slower than usual shows that the riders were holding back on the track and felt uncomfortable

Not at Brandon it wasn't i was able to stand no problem, it may have got to those levels later in the evening but certainly not at the start of the meeting and as i said the rain only got really heavy towards the end of the meeting when i was able to walk to my car without any trouble, I was definately there i can post you my programme if you like which is slightly wet but not soaked or i can e mail a picture of it. No i didn't have a drum, after heat 2 after getting a bit wet with the light rain i moved from the first/second bend area to the standing bit in front of the grandstand immediately to the left of the pits.

You keep banging on about 6 seconds slower when the only races that were that slow was in heats 9 and 10.

Edited by foreverblue

What an utterly, ill-informed, patronising post.

Most of us on here are TRUE Speedway Supporters. Unlike many other 'various sports' supporters, we hold our particular sport close to our heart. In most cases, I'd suggest that we have been Speedway fans since a VERY early age,

Irresepctive of the teams, or riders, that we support, the last thing that we EVER want to see is riders getting hurt. Simple reason is, as Speedway Supporters, and despite our dislikes, the LAST thing that we want see is rider injury.

Basically, to suggest otherwise Orion, you truly are a complete and utter CLOWN. :(

Rather than name calling let us look at the facts ....Cov rode Lakeside the other week and by all accounts that meeting should never have not got to heat 10 as the track had become dangerous just like it had v Poole ...now on that topic bar one or two there was no concerns about people being ripped off no concern for any rider safely etc .....my point is pretty clear and it it's clearly proved that people attitudes change depening if they are winning or losing .

Of course no fan wants any rider to get injured but there is no doubt that a high % of fans are willing to see there team complete a match on a dangerous track if they winning or are going to win .

I don't think any meeting should be declared after 10 heats.

However the weather was no way near as bad against lakeside. It was light drizzle for most of it and still good race times with light rain coming nearer the latter heats. We have seen many teams race in those conditions

Against Poole it was gale force winds and heavy rain from the start. The worst conditions I have seen speedway raced it. The race times were 6 seconds slower and no visability.

Yet again another lie ....there was no heavy rain during the few heats but light drizzle other people at the match have confirmed that ...if it was heavy the riders would hardly been able to see . The racing for the six heats were fine we all saw that and both team managers were more than happy with the track as havy said on sky .

I have to say I never seen one person tell so many porkies on one subject ...Heavy rain the whole time no visability ,sky changing the track etc ... no doubt the high wind will now turn into a tornado .

Edited by orion
  • Like 6

Rather than name calling let us look at the facts ....Cov rode Lakeside the other week and by all accounts that meeting should never have not got to heat 10 as the track had become dangerous just like it had v Poole ...now on that topic bar one or two there was no concerns about people being ripped off no concern for any rider safely etc .....my point is pretty clear and it it's clearly proved that people attitudes change depening if they are winning or losing .

Of course no fan wants any rider to get injured but there is no doubt that a high % of fans are willing to see there team complete a match on a dangerous track if they winning or are going to win .

Yet again another lie ....there was no heavy rain during the few heats but light drizzle other people at the match have confirmed that ...if it was heavy the riders would hardly been able to see . The racing for the six heats were fine we all saw that and both team managers were more than happy with the track as havy said on sky .

I have to say I never seen one person tell so many porkies on one subject ...Heavy rain the whole time no visability ,sky changing the track etc ... no doubt the high wind will now turn into a tornado .

😴😴😴💤💤💤💤💤💤

.....mdmc82.......Were you the only Poole fan we saw in stands with the drum?

If someone sat next to me with a drum they'd get one of the sticks shoved somewhere to shut them up. :icon_smile_clown:

• Like 2

If someone sat next to me with a drum they'd get one of the sticks shoved somewhere to shut them up. :icon_smile_clown:

Lol. It was tempting. 😄

Seemed very out of place as well.

Where did I say I was at Swindon??

The comments I made were about the Swindon match at Brandon last year (one with Dave Robinson) where some moaned blaming the very light drizzle in later heats for their teams loss.

(You never keep me on block for very long seeing as you say you don't want to see my comments 😉)

I think you know what meeting us Swindon fans were on about and it's certainly not the meeting at Brandon. I can't even remember anything about any rain that night. I think most people just accept a defeat and can move on in life rather than harp on about it for ages. But if you can quote a post from at least 1 Swindon fan showing that they were on about the Brandon meeting rather than Blunsdon I will apologise.

I had to unblock you because no one entertains me as much as you do on here. Whether that's a good or a bad thing I don't know!

• Like 1

I trust you never went to the Lakeside match the other week then when the same happened then or maybe you forgot to post ? it's amazing that fans only feel ripped off or worry about the riders getting hurt when they get beat .

I was there too unfortunately and felt pretty miserable that night as well. Would have been quite happy for that meeting to be called off early and re-staged for a better evening, said so at the time.

Edited by JamieE

I was there too unfortunately and felt pretty miserable that night as well. Would have been quite happy for that meeting to be called off early and re-staged for a better evening, said so at the time.

I sure you did ..but the amazing thing is that nearly all the fans have decided to moan about it on this topic rather than the lakeside one ..you have to ask the question why really .