British Speedway Forum

South west based ref Barry Richardson died a couple of weeks or so ago, a former copper in Exeter he was proud of finding new interpretations of long standing rules. A very nice man to talk to

R.I.P. Barry

• Like 1

That is very true sidney.

He was a great crowd pleaser (or crowd winder upper) depending on what Team you were supporting. ALWAYS fondly remembered at Sunderland. He gave us some great moments.

That is very true sidney.

He was a great crowd pleaser (or crowd winder upper) depending on what Team you were supporting. ALWAYS fondly remembered at Sunderland. He gave us some great moments.

He was a great attraction at Crewe as well but was a bit quieter. Then'as he got older he got more impressive!!

• Like 1

Do the speedway refs have to go through the same sort of training that a football ref doe's. from what I have seen and the issues that they seem to have no control on, makes me wonder if some of them went to their first speedway meeting a couple of weeks ago, like what they saw and decided to become a ref, got the job, spent a meeting in the box with another ref for a meeting then they where left to their own devices.

Some of then have not got the slightest grasp of the rules in the sport. Are they tested on the rule book and what qualifications do they need to get to be a ref.

The SCB needs to tighten up on the quality of the refs they have, because some of them are just to idiotic to belive.

i wouldnt think so as football and speewday are 2 different sports

and have you seen the size of some of the speedway refs they wouldnt pass the fitness test

When was the last time anyone was at a meeting with a Trainee Ref in charge? The last one I seem to remember at Brough Park is Stuart Wilson, which must be about 10 years ago now.

Edited by Steve Park

i wouldnt think so as football and speewday are 2 different sports

and have you seen the size of some of the speedway refs they wouldnt pass the fitness test

The Sport makes you sick - does it? :o;):D :D :D