British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Fromafar

Go Speed International Statement.

It's a TOTAL farce in my view,but it's probably 50/50 in blame game stakes,Havvy certainly didn't give any indication that they had NOTHING to do with track prep.he actually praised Terry (whoever that is) for getting the track into shape.Watching on Tele fans probably did not realise how bad the weather was till they saw Tatum getting blown away when the cameras switch to him.

Not a surprise that Coventry would come back rubbishing Go-Speed's claims. Which one do you believe?

Seen and heard it all before last year with the ELRC debacle, to be brutally honest I don't particularly believe either party and should think the truth is something in between.

• Like 4

The final part of the bees statement weakens their case in my eyes. It makes it look like its all about the result rather than the conditions. Poor show

• Like 8

We turned up and rode did the job so we should not see a restaging of this it was not are fault.

• Like 1

I guess you are a Coventry fan then. As somebody who isn't one (and have no dislike of the Bees) I think the statement a reflection from somebody who just does not want to accept what happened because he came out on the wrong side of what was a difficult situation. Poole (no I am not a Poole supporter) on the other hand got on with the task in hand, namely getting past heat ten and by doing so ensured they obtained a victory rather than lose the benefit of the lead they had built up both when the track was capable of being raced on and when conditions became less so. Contrary to Coventry promotions view that "Allowing Poole to retain the four league points gained in such unsatisfactory circumstances" should not be allowed, I would point out that the group of individuals who had the best chance of doing that were in fact the Coventry Bees...but they chose not to race...ah but they were behind anyway so now they need a plan B and I for one hope it does not pay off, they have had their chance and lost!

.....including by the number of exclusions incurred by their riders!

The final part of the bees statement weakens their case in my eyes. It makes it look like its all about the result rather than the conditions. Poor show

It'll make Mick Horton feel better, that's it. We all know he like a rant...

• Like 1

The expected reply from the always do things by the book Bees, except when they are happy to push for a heat 10 call off regardless off the weather to get all the away points.

It's not for me to point out the obvious that the last part of their statement is typically hypocritical as that's blooming obvious!

The last part stinks of sour grapes and sours any real argument they may have had about the original statement.

• Like 3

The expected reply from the always do things by the book Bees, except when they are happy to push for a heat 10 call off regardless off the weather to get all the away points.

It's not for me to point out the obvious that the last part of their statement is typically hypocritical as that's blooming obvious!

The last part stinks of sour grapes and sours any real argument they may have had about the original statement.

Neither side comes out of this well. What's done is done. Nothing will change it, just another sorry episode :(

• Like 4

Neither side comes out of this well. What's done is done. Nothing will change it, just another sorry episode :(

Yea I agree.

But the predictable speedway answer to a problem, it's always somebody else's fault.

• Like 3

I don't think for one second it will be re staged but let's not forget the club were hit very hard financially because it was made to run. I can understand why they want it re run but thats not really fair on Poole. Let's remember the actual argument here, that the staging club wasn't allowed to postpone a meeting or have the track they wanted. Also the meeting coordinator said they will inspect the track after heat 9, they didn't follow it up. This could've happened at any track, it's an issue that needs resolving for the sport in general and I applaud the Bees promotion making a stand. We can't just let GoSpeed make decisions which will hit a club financially just so they can get paid.

Edited by woz01
  • Like 1

You can't change whats happened but you can prevent it from happening again. Maybe the answer is for Coventry to turn down the invite of Sky meetings in the future?

The meeting cannot be re-stage, that is ludicrous. Why should this instance be so different to any other meeting in the past which has been pushed through for a result? Yes it was on sky but I feel Coventry are now using the fact it was pushed through on sky as more of an excuse than anything else. This has been happening for years and bcuase Coventry lost on sky I dont see why it should be any different.

You can't change whats happened but you can prevent it from happening again. Maybe the answer is for Coventry to turn down the invite of Sky meetings in the future?

But no one wants to take responsibility for it that is the problem so they won't learn, why can't the Russell's just do one I get sick and tired of looking at his bald ponce.

• Like 1