British Speedway Forum
dantodan

Newcastle V Somerset Premier League Sunday 7th June 2015

I'll remain an armchair cirtic thanks and by the sounds of it there are plenty more out there also. The team is just not strong enough and crowds won't come to watch a struggling team whose season is finished at the start of June. That's just the way it is when competing against other sports and other interests you need a competitive team and this one isn't. I've got an interest from years gone by but I wouldn't fork out my hard earned cash to watch the team as it is and there are obviously numerous others feel the say way. If you don't like that so bit it, but it's not going to get me back.

Def. seeing your point and it may well be that I drop a few meetings this season unless some sort of upturn in fortunes arrive. But tonight I believe it was 15 quid well spent.

Gaters track tonight and we weren't gating.

You can always tell a Gaters track when you see scores like 03330 from a #1

Edited by Chewbacca
  • Like 1

Gathers track tonight and we weren't gating.

You can always tell a gathers track when you see scores like 03330 from a #1

What were you collecting?

It's been a gaters track all season... There is hardly any passing at brough nowadays

Beg to differ but not cracking entertainment for me, it was a poor meeting. Track was very dry and dusty. These continuing gusty winds won't have helped but surprised they didn't try and put more water down during the meeting. As a result there was no grip at all on the outside line and hardly a pass all night. Richie passing his brother in heat 15 was the only one I can recall.

Didn't suit Lindgren who was desperate out of the starts and had absolutely no chance of passing anyone on that track tonight. Steve wasn't as good as he has been lately and Kerr started and finished with two poor starts but gated well in between. Covatti was good once he got going and provided the only entertainment with his exciting style.

Somerset were nothing special but made the gate when it mattered. It was always going to be tough for the Diamonds tonight.

As for team changes I have no idea who is out there who can make a difference. The sport is in a desperate state with lack of riders. I'm afraid gone are the days when riders were queuing up for team places.

A few heats were decent, but to say it was entertaining is stretching it imo... Dramatic at the end maybe, but very processional in the main,

As a collective 1-7, the are neither strong enough or good enough.... No doubt the usual suspects will be happy theve seen their heros in tight kevlars though.... Each of the riders would do a decent job for other teams, but as a collective 1-7 or team we are rubbish and one of the wooden spoon candidates.

Oh well done Somerset.

Edited by Arson fire

Unlike a few on here, I am trying to provide only constructive criticism. Would I like to go back to the days of Kenni/Rene? Sure of course I would, but without a magic wand it aint gonna happen in 2015. Maybe the passes were few and far between, but I like a meeting where the result is not a foregone conclusion after heat five. Are we truly competitive against a strong team? Prob. not. Do we need to strengthen up? Yes. Can we afford it. {in both a monetary/team morale} way? Questionable. One thing is certain- far too much of the grandstand was empty of spectators tonight and without revenue this downward spiral is likely to continue.

Not many gaters in the Somerset side, so Newcastle must have been sluggish from the gate! Wright, Starke and Kurtz regularly miss the start and rely on their ability to come from the back on a regular basis. Often leads to superb racing at the OTA though!

• Like 3

A few heats were decent, but to say it was entertaining is stretching it imo... Dramatic at the end maybe, but very processional in the main,

As a collective 1-7, the are neither strong enough or good enough.... No doubt the usual suspects will be happy theve seen their heros in tight kevlars though.... Each of the riders would do a decent job for other teams, but as a collective 1-7 or team we are rubbish and one of the wooden spoon candidates.

Oh well done Somerset.

Can't see this team being wooden spoon but also we haven't hardly seen the collective 1-7 for injuries...

They were, for the most part but Henry would have made the diff. methinks.

• Like 1

We where always going to be up against it with 10 heats out of 15 having to have a reserve in,so it really left 5 heats to gain an advantage.Well done somerset as you can only beat the opposition team.

• Like 2

Most races over by bend 2, wouldn't say it was entertaining and didn't look like anyone could do much passing (especially if they were behind Olly Greenwood),,, Steve looked slow, I would've chucked Covatti in ht 15, or is that allowed ???,,, once he got going and gated, he looked a safe bet to win, good guest :-),,,

oh, well done to 'The Evil Twin' on his return ;-)

• Like 1

Most races over by bend 2, wouldn't say it was entertaining and didn't look like anyone could do much passing (especially if they were behind Olly Greenwood),,, Steve looked slow, I would've chucked Covatti in ht 15, or is that allowed ???,,, once he got going and gated, he looked a safe bet to win, good guest :-),,,

oh, well done to 'The Evil Twin' on his return ;-)

yeah i would have put covatti in aswell.