British Speedway Forum
rustyre bel1

Somerset V Rye House 5/6/2015

what a great advert for speedway 2 teams giving it all. Glad Pearson and Tatum didn't see heat 13, they would had wet themselves

• Like 1

First visit to Somerset. Standing on back straight it was damned cold and windy which wasn't helped when the dust was flying around.

Enjoyed the meeting and a good track.

Had to miss this due to late finish at work. Looks like I missed a cracker

what a great advert for speedway 2 teams giving it all. Glad Pearson and Tatum didn't see heat 13, they would had wet themselves

Haha it was awesome passing and re passing almost every bend,what a meeting!!
  • Like 1

First visit to Oak Tree this season, unfortunately they still have unnecessary 10 minute interval, not welcome on a chilly evening. In Heat 11 the Steward on 3rd bend not aware that when a rider is on the ground and the red lights come on, he has to raise his red flag. What has happened to the water truck, dust storm in second half of meeting, and no effort to dampen it down, is it ok for customers to be covered in dust?

On the plus side racing good and heat 13 the best race I have ever seen anywhere. Brady looks an outstanding prospect, but the young have no fear, and he needs to take fewer chances or he will end up injured again.

Edited by oldtimer

Well heat 13 must go down as one of the best races I have witnessed in over 20 years of watching speedway. Literally the crowd spontaneously applauded after the race, okay maybe the majority for the result but many for the quality of the race they had just witnessed. I know everyone claims to have seen the best ever race, but trust me, you would have been amazed at this one in particular. I sincerely hope it makes it onto the net so that you can concurr or otherwise. So thank you, Brady Kurtz, Josh Grajczonek, Edward Kennett and Nicolai Busk Jakobsen for an absolute classic the likes of which rarely come around. I think that if you could watch it in slow motion you still wouldn't be able to take in all the passing going on for all four laps. An absolute classic.

Robin Aspgren a reserve! You have got to be kidding. Rye House were terrific tonight and gave the Rebels a real scare. They deserved a point from the meeting but I won't loose any sleep that they didn't get one. Thanks for a great meeting and in particular, an all time classic heat 13.

• Like 3

First visit to Oak Tree this season, unfortunately they still have unnecessary 10 minute interval, not welcome on a chilly evening. In Heat 11 the Steward on 3rd bend not aware that when a rider is on the ground and the red lights come on, he has to raise his red flag. What has happened to the water truck, dust storm in second half of meeting, and no effort to dampen it down, is it ok for customers to be covered in dust?

On the plus side racing good and heat 13 the best race I have ever seen anywhere. Brady looks an outstanding prospect, but the young have no fear, and he needs to take fewer chances or he will end up injured again.

No pleasing some people!
  • Like 3

What a meeting I witnessed tonight. Two good teams who fought for every point and ht 13 was the best race I have seen for many a year . I would like to explain to oldtimer that the interval helps the club take a bit of money at the food outlets to help keep club in business .

• Like 3

Heat 13 has got to be one of the best races I've ever seen. Passing inside/outside every lap, could've thrown a blanket over all four riders. Lap2 BS 5-1 to House; lap3 BS 5-1 to the Rebels.

With all the doom & gloom surrounding speedway, it's moments like this that make you realise it is still the best sport out there

Heat 14 was also fantastic, just overshadowed by a gem

• Like 2

What fantastic racing heat13 was worth the admssion alone, you could always go inside and buy yourself a coffee and warm up in the interval, some people are never happy, perhaps you should follow table tennis or some such ilk, that's played indoors and in the warm .

• Like 2

A ten minute interval isn't very long at all. Doesn't matter how good the meeting is, you'll still find someone who'll moan about something or other. Pity the poor sods like me who watched the Rockets fail to hit 30 points there three times last year, but couldn't make it last night

Edited by Shads
  • Like 2

No pleasing some people!

Whilst everyone is entitled to an opinion, whether it's positive or negative - I'm to understand how anybody could of left the stadium last night with anything to moan about. After the shambles on sky this week, it's a travesty that Somerset aren't as far as I'm aware being shown on the tele this year. What a fantastic meeting, close scoreline which in the end didn't do Rye House justice, and just stunning racing throughout.

Heat 13 as everyone has already said, just stunning, Brady's cut back to go between the middle of Kennett and Jakobson was the pick of the bunch. Notable other race mentions for Kennetts 3rd to 1st around Starke and then inside Josh, as well as heat 14 and Kurtz passing Jakobson early on too.

Sometimes it's easy to question why you are spending £25 odd quid each week at Speedway, but it's nights like this that make it all worth it. Fantastic.

A ten minute interval isn't very long at all. Doesn't matter how good the meeting is, you'll still find someone who'll moan about something or other. Pity the poor sods like me who watched the Rockets fail to hit 30 points three times last year, but couldn't make it last night

They deserved at least a point. When you look at Kennett only scoring 6 and Jakobson 8, Im scratching my head a little bit as they were fantastic entertainment and worth a lot more than that.

• Like 5

Kennett has been on form recently too. Glad to hear we made a good fist of it last night, hopefully Robin can fire from reserve, if he does we could see Boxall down there come next month and that's not a terrible thing either!

• Like 1

Kennett has been on form recently too. Glad to hear we made a good fist of it last night, hopefully Robin can fire from reserve, if he does we could see Boxall down there come next month and that's not a terrible thing either!

Boxall & Dan Greenwood are the weak links in the side as far as I'm concerned. Steves turned up with one bike to meetings recently, which would've been ok in the old days, but not acceptable in this more "professional era".

Jason Bunyan recommended Michael Palm Toft to Len before the start of last season, but Lens love child got the team place. We've all seen how MPT goes around our track.

Edited by Shads