British Speedway Forum
dantodan

Newcastle V Peterborough Premier League Sunday 14th June 2015

well done Panthers and well done Robert Lambert - a great way to answer your critics!! :t:

A great British talent who was well within his rights to miss Fridays meeting,,, :o

I think it's just that our riders are in and out: they have 7 point averages because, unlike the top guys, they can't and don't deliver every week. Such is life, and if there is no money to make changes, so be it.

Robert Lambert's performance is testimony to George's ability to spot a rider. Last season would probably have been very different with RL and the King of Kings in the team.

I thought last night saw the best racing of the season at Brough and I'm looking forward to next week, though I do wonder how competitive Plymouth will be.

24 points from diamonds heat leaders against 32 from Peterborough was where the match was lost

I agree but our team doesn't have any heatleaders we have a team of improving second strings, plus two reserves. The match was lost at heat 13 imo. Home numbers 1 and 5 should be reliable enough to get the points in heat 13. I like Lewi and Ludde but they are not yet heatleaders. I always cross my fingers for heats 13 and 15 and last night I crossed my toes too....and that is why I fell over, nothing to do with paying £3.50 a pint!!! :rofl:

So we roll on to Sheffield on Thursday and the way away teams are winning should we pencil in a win at Owlerton :lol:

This post is directed at any member of the track staff.

Every week now we seem to see the blade on the back of a tractor. I have always thought this TOOL was used by the daytime staff and isn't part of the normal night time track activities unless the track was very wet? The blade was used last night and so was the water bowser so the blade wasn't to skim off wet shale. I am interested and yes I do have an anorak

I really do not see that because Robert Lambert found it convenient to ride at Newcastle that he has answered his critics!!!. He was no doubt within his rights to miss Friday but so were King and Manzares but they made the effort

• Like 2

I really do not see that because Robert Lambert found it convenient to ride at Newcastle that he has answered his critics!!!. He was no doubt within his rights to miss Friday but so were King and Manzares but they made the effort

in your opinion mate - you are not aware of the full facts so i'd keep quiet until such time you are in possession of them.

in your opinion mate - you are not aware of the full facts so i'd keep quiet until such time you are in possession of them.

He makes a valid point and is quite entitled to make it. It's not his fault that he doesn't know the full facts as you put it. So come on Einstein, what doesn't he know?

• Like 2

I agree but our team doesn't have any heatleaders we have a team of improving second strings, plus two reserves.

While I should say at the outset that I don't particularly want to see team changes, I don't think it's right to describe the team as you do. Rather, I think we have three of what used to be (in the days when the top three in a team's averages were heat leaders) third heat leaders, one (hopefully) improving second-string and a rider who probably isn't as good as he has been and is unlikely to improve at this stage of his career.

Kerr and Worrall may - and I hope they do - train on: for me, on his day Ludde is in a different class to either but is hopelessly inconsistent - healways has been, and probably always will be (though he is by far the most entertaining rider we have, imo, and long may he remain a Diamond).

If a change is to be made, were all bridges burned with Neddy? 100% gater but always gave his all.

He makes a valid point and is quite entitled to make it. It's not his fault that he doesn't know the full facts as you put it. So come on Einstein, what doesn't he know?

that is not a valid point as he was entitled to miss the meeting as per the FIM rule book - he decided to do what he was entitled to do. get that into your thick skull..

Slagging of Robert wont do him or the Panthers promotion any favours.

It would appear that Young Robert and the Panthers promotion have moved on - and so should you and all the haters!

I am not aware of any Robert haters. Many however are concerned regarding him missing the Ipswich meeting and it may well be that in the fullness of time Robert himself may also come to see it as an error of judgement. I sure many would be only too pleased hear of the full facts.

• Like 2

maybe, while over in Denmark, little Roberts mam and dad took him to the real 'lego-land', whilst he could still pass an under 16, might as well kill 2 birds with the 1 stone, if ye can ;-)

that is not a valid point as he was entitled to miss the meeting as per the FIM rule book - he decided to do what he was entitled to do. get that into your thick skull..

It would appear that Young Robert and the Panthers promotion have moved on - and so should you and all the haters!

A response that Roberts Mum herself would be proud of.

I'm not a Robert hater, but I am a hater of missing riders, losing and crap excuses.

He hasn't answered his critics either, they've chosen to stick their fingers in their ears and wait for it to go away (moved on as you call it).

So are you going to share the facts...?

• Like 3

Now having a pop at me I can appreciate as I'm not the most diplomatic but when Noodles also thinks that you're a dick then that says much :wink:

Lambert will do what his advisors tell him to do (he'll grow his own mind as the years progress) and Panthers promotion will not publicly rubbish arguably their best rider. It has nothing to do with moving on, neither party wants to pour petrol on the fire to reignite it although it'll be smouldering away for as long as Lambert is a Panther ie. for the rest of 2015,

Edited by Crump99
  • Like 1

I'M NOT A FAN OF TEAM CHANGES BUT ITS LOOKS LIKE WE ARE GOING TO STRUGGLE TO MAKE THE PLAY OFFS ?? WE'VE LOST THE LAST 2 LEAGUE MATCHES AT HOME BUT WON AT IPPO WHICH WAS A GREAT RESULT BUT IF WE ARE TO GET INTO THE TOP 6 THERE WILL HAVE TO MAKE A CHANGE OR 2 AND I DONT MEAN LIKE LAST YEAR WHEN DANNY KING CAME IN AS I THOUGHT WE NEVER GOT ANY BETTER......................

MR LEWIS BLACKBIRD......................What a F 'in joke,

Firstly he needs to explain why he wasn't at Newcastle last night!!!!!!!!

He had a practice at Peterborough on Friday, said he felt good on a bike etc, so why no show last night, cannot say he was still un fit as he is riding tonight, and upto his usual self of taking riders out......felt sorry for Danny King.

Made a pathetic excuse for his crash blaming his bike.......saying his front wheel stopped turning.....hahaha very funny, as they pushed the bike all the way back from bend 4 to the pits with no problems

Management needs to have a re think on the return of Blackbird as well, cos in his previous ride before his crash, he came into the pits and went mental calling poor Ully a F**king W***er....seems to spit his dummy out when he thinks another rider puts him out wide....lol

Bye Bye Baby Blackbird Close The Door On Your Way Out