British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
topaz325

Workington V Rye House 13/05/15 19:00hrs (pl)

Not sure how to feel about the last two results.

Positives

Lead at half way stage at Somerset where 30 is normally an achievement

Robin is back on early season form

Eddie still delivering if only meetings lasted 14 heats

Busk find of the season and I feel there is more in the tank not him overachieving at present

Negatives

No points from either match

Boxall, its already been said

Injuries as it seems every year

Greenwood not ready fro Prem

Eddie heat 15

I don't know what it is about Edward and heat 15. You can almost guarantee last place home or away. Not sure if it's just a mental block he has

Sadly I am not surprised. He went feet first at high speed into an unprotected part of the third bend fence and word I got was that one ankle was trapped underneath the gate there. Awful.

There is a question as to whether Boxall was injured or just couldn't be bothered.

Bach deserved a maximum and I was very impressed by Jakobsen - best newcomer I have seen anywhere.

I was, not for the first time, disappointed by the attendance. Laura Morgan has tried very hard at Derwent Park and the cost, racing and presentation deserved better.

agree with all you say apart from he it the exit of the 4th bend after the air fence

strangly though theres been many crashed there most famous was chris mills when we had the air ambulance that made sky tv most go straight through but nathans foot looked to go underneath the gate

it happened on the 3rd lap and the previous 2 laps he seamed to hit a patch that lifted him slightly on the 3rd he was slightly wider

A win but just need to do better . Better teams to come to Workington then what. A big thank you to James Sarjent for his points. Sorry about young Nathen .

I don't know what it is about Edward and heat 15. You can almost guarantee last place home or away. Not sure if it's just a mental block he has

Now where have I heard that before?!!

Now where have I heard that before?!!

If you were a Rye House regular almost every week

If you were a Rye House regular almost every week

Swindon fans used to refer to him as a 'bottler' as he would enevitably fail to deliver at the business end of the meeting. Eventually Rosco rode him at number two so as his last race was in heat 10!!

Has Kenneth Hansen been sacked yet? It seems when I predicted a 6.5 average for him I seriously over rated him! It looks like when I said he'd have good and bad meeting, he only got the memo about the bad meetings!

this was posted on the updates site, not sure how true this is or if it works however.

Heat 10: Wells,Aspergren,Covatti,Hansen...66.2 (3-3) 36-26

Line Up: Hansen , Wells , Boxall Aspergren , Covatti

Comments: Aspergren replaces Boxall. Apparently Hansen has to score 6 or less to allow Wethers to go to reserve when Rusty Harrison is back.......

apparently his true average not counting KO Cup matches is 4.71 and he'll be at reserve, if Nicki Barrett goes then we have 3.72 to find another reserve. Rusty may be back for next matches.

Edited by comet49

lord fraud moves to workington :t: hanson could be @ reserve for workington. :D

the quirky worky average converter makes a come back :party:

• Like 2

whats wrong with the Greenwood Boys..... :o

so much promise last season - both way off the pace ..

Cost Panthers and Rye House important lost points over the weekend...! ;)

lord fraud moves to workington :t:hanson could be @ reserve for workington. :D

the quirky worky average converter makes a come back :party:

If that turns out to be correct Jenga that's gonna be one hell of a good reserve we'll have there, bring him on? :t:

see unofficial site for more fantasy ( true ) team members.......... under team changes.

whats wrong with the Greenwood Boys..... :o

so much promise last season - both way off the pace ..

Cost Panthers and Rye House important lost points over the weekend...! ;)

If your paying them, Then I understand your loss as you quote. Look at the NL CMA and then see who you can replace them with ??

If your paying them, Then I understand your loss as you quote. Look at the NL CMA and then see who you can replace them with ??

Not talking about replacing them just saying what on earth is the matter with these 2 guys this season?

Is it their bikes? lack of rides? Confidence? Just asking the question...

Not talking about replacing them just saying what on earth is the matter with these 2 guys this season?

Is it their bikes? lack of rides? Confidence? Just asking the question...

I thought Olly Greenwood was looking pretty decent at Rye last year. Dunno what's gone wrong. Definitely a lack of confidence, similar to Simon Lambert when he was at Rye. Olly needs to move away, to get his mojo back. A spell in the NL may help him remember what it's like to win races.

Dans has a handful of decent races, but his sub 2 point average doesn't lie

Edited by Shads
  • Like 1