British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
guitar_art

Birmingham V Coventry Storm 17th June

RR for Luke Crang who aggravated his shoulder injury from last season 😞

Brum to win this one like they won Sunday!

I was very impressed with Birmingham on Sunday, look one of the strongest teams in the league.

I would be happy with a point but think the home team will be too strong esp with Crang missing for Coventry

Blimey this is tomoz and no-one has started a topic about it.

Something to be discussed on your radio show - "why is all publicity / PR / promotion left to the last minute"?

(Until now.)

Perhaps we're still recovering from The National League Four's. :)

Something to be discussed on your radio show - "why is all publicity / PR / promotion left to the last minute"?

Happy to do so. Allthough I don't actually agree that it is. I cant think of any club that uses this forum to publicise matches.

(Until now.)

maybe no body is that bothered :lol::rofl:

Only using 4 riders?

Yes probably

It's about optimisation. Obvioulsy to promote a meeting now thats going to take place in August is silly. But to start promoting today for a meeting that takes place tomorrow is silly. I guess the optimum is probably a week. We all know promoters are a bit slow at, erm, promoting though!

BIRMINGHAM: Adam Ellis, Alex Wilson, Sam Chapman, Zach Wajtknecht, Tom Perry, Robert Parker, Adam Kirby.

COVENTRY: Dan Greenwood, Conor Dwyer, Darryl Ritchings, Rob Shuttleworth, Luke Crang R/R, Callum Walker, Martin Knuckey, Kyle Roberts (No.8).

I think this is going to be lot tougher than people seem to be suggesting. I think Alex Wilson may struggle in the main body of the team. I hope Sam is a bit further down the road on his recovery. Robert Parker is an unknown quantity so fingers crossed there and, of course the we lose the grashoppers scoring potential from the reserve spot.

I think this could go either way. Should be a good match.

It's about optimisation. Obvioulsy to promote a meeting now thats going to take place in August is silly. But to start promoting today for a meeting that takes place tomorrow is silly. I guess the optimum is probably a week. We all know promoters are a bit slow at, erm, promoting though!

Stal Gorzow who I follow in Poland, they start the publicity for the next meeting the day after the last meeting....giving them 2 weeks to whip up their crowd. Seems to work, as with 11,500 being their average gate last year, they don't do too badly.

Happy to do so. Allthough I don't actually agree that it is. I cant think of any club that uses this forum to publicise matches.

It's not just this forum though is it? There's nothing on the official web site, or in social media til the day beforehand either. And there's certainly nothing to attract a "new" crowd in...just seems to be "open the doors and a bumper crowd will be expected".