British Speedway Forum
Grand Central

The Dilemma Of Greg Hancock

Because they were just as rough and tumble as Nicki is.

You have claimed you would 'barely see 4 laps in a meeting'.

History has shown otherwise.

It takes two to tango. If riders raced Nicki like that things would be better... many don't, they bottle it and bail out.

Nikki at his best, yes, at his worst, no.

The rider you have referenced in your post (Zagar) evidently doesn’t have a problem with Pedersen racing like that, as that race shows, the incident in Malila shows that Zagar (as others have) take issue with Pedersen when his actions endanger them.

The reference to the “good old days” means little to me, I didn’t watch Speedway 50/60 years ago to know if the general narrative re riders being harder back then is true or not, there isn’t enough hours of footage to validate that claim either and fans typically get misty eyed when reminiscing. I can only comment based on incidents I have seen with Nikki at his worst.

Edited by sparkafag

Why is sparkafag all of a sudden a troll? If thats the case stand up bwitcher you take the crown. You dont have to agree with every post but when someone outclasses you, there a troll lol.

• Like 1

I would agree with all of those except Leigh Adams.

Interesting?i loved Phil Crump rated him higher than Leigh some on here thought i was mad, maybe ask Chalky,Hagonshocker,Orion, Orlov, ER what they thought of Leigh.A mega rider for me a awesome riding style great team man and a real nice person.

Indeed, thanks for confirming the lack of credibility of your posts.

Trolls like yourself who try and be clever with their wording always catch themselves out. I've no doubt you'll continue to try and wriggle, but it's there in black and white.

There isn’t the need to wriggle, I clearly state, as you have said, in black and white “I would assume” rather than “fans do like to see crashes” or even going as far as to say “Greg could not handle it”.

I don’t particular need to “troll” anyone either, I didn’t choose to quote your post, you took the decision to quote mine. If you find my posts to be trolling there is an ignore button you can feel free to use and we can all move on.

Edited by sparkafag
  • Like 1

Pretty good shout there Sid, but at the risk of upsetting Norbold, I find it hard to credit pre war rider as true greats. The sport was so much in it's infancy that no matter what the standard some would have been better than others. The skills required had not really been honed at that point and as such I find it difficult to place, say, Tom Farndon against Tommy Jansson. Of course the war (and a fatal accident in Farndons case) intervened so it is impossible to say if those guys could have remained at the top as standards got higher. That is not to say they wouldn't have done, just too much of an unknown for me

Jansson Duggan ( because of the war) Farndon Oldace are more on what my opinion is rather than achievement i do believe they are great riders .And Norbold rates Farndon so that is good anough for me.? do you think Jansson would he of won a title? .I always thought PC, Jansson, Crump( on the Street mega engine) Lee could of all challenged the Olsen/Mauger Michanek era all hyphathetical i suppose. Edited by sidney

Pedersen is definitely up there with the best ever and certainly ahead of Adams. I always liked Adams but he never really acieved anything at the very top level. If you like him or not Nicki has been the best rider intbe world on 3 occasions Adams never achieved that

Jansson Duggan ( because of the war) Farndon Oldace are more on what my opinion is rather than achievement i do believe they are great riders .And Norbold rates Farndon so that is good anough for me.? do you think Jansson would he of won a title? .I always thought PC, Jansson, Crump( on the Street mega engine) Lee could of all challenged the Olsen/Mauger Michanek era all hyphathetical i suppose.

Lots of riders burst on the scene and look certain world champions and fizzle out but Tommy had been improving year on year and, yes, I felt he was a certainty. Ironically Tommy was so safe on track, always 100% in control. He was 23 when he died so could have been competing for world titles up to the late 80s. Of course for Tommy to have won a title one of the actual winners would not have done so

FFS this is hard work... this is a forum, by definition what we write is 99% based on our own opinion. Would you like me to write (IMO) after everything I write? Would that satisfy you?

I bet you always think you're right too don't you? :P

Lots of riders burst on the scene and look certain world champions and fizzle out but Tommy had been improving year on year and, yes, I felt he was a certainty. Ironically Tommy was so safe on track, always 100% in control. He was 23 when he died so could have been competing for world titles up to the late 80s. Of course for Tommy to have won a title one of the actual winners would not have done so

Amazing really Oldace when Lee won his title Jansson would of only been 27 years of age approaching his peak.I know you watched alot of racing at the great Hyde Rd did you see Jansson race there?I have his record there only rode in one BLRC scored 6 points but i remember him riding well for Sweden in a test match beating PC which then was a mighty feat.

Pedersen is definitely up there with the best ever and certainly ahead of Adams. I always liked Adams but he never really acieved anything at the very top level. If you like him or not Nicki has been the best rider intbe world on 3 occasions Adams never achieved that

I don't think so and i think better judges than me would say he is knowhere near the best ever.?

Ah, so its not ok to impose the opinion of others to a post...

Unless its your post.

As for your claims we'd never see 4 laps... we're constantly told how back in the day the sport had far tougher, harder even dirtier riders than Pedersen.. not only that there were many of them. Tell me, did meetings rarely have 4 laps in them? Or are you just concocting nonsense to try and disprove something that is pretty flaming obvious.

Having someone to hate is good for business in any sport or entertainment. Fans come along in the hope of seeing them get beat!

I prefer Racing to Accidents. Bad accidents make me feel physically sick, I get no pleasure in watching them.

However - as a Sunderland 'Stars' Supporter - I loved Jack Millen.

I don't think that he was universally loved anywhere else. He did drag the Crowds in though...................................

Because they were just as rough and tumble as Nicki is.

You have claimed you would 'barely see 4 laps in a meeting'.

History has shown otherwise.

It takes two to tango. If riders raced Nicki like that things would be better... many don't, they bottle it and bail out.

Indeed, thanks for confirming the lack of credibility of your posts.

Trolls like yourself who try and be clever with their wording always catch themselves out. I've no doubt you'll continue to try and wriggle, but it's there in black and white.

Can you say that these days BW? :shock: :shock: :nono: :nono: :wink:

Not at all. I don't care a jot for the bloke in question and what I respect and disrespect is for me to decide.

Yes he has all this inside information but this particular instance shows what a fool he really is.

In his quest to impress us he reveals private conversations from riders that he has heard riders discuss fencing Nicki Pedersen.

Now that is not just a bit of a laugh but a serious crime depending how Nicki would come out of the fencing.

Seriously injured then it would be assault. Dead it would then move into the realm of manslaughter or even murder.

Riders conspiring to commit such an act would also be drawn into it.

Of course accidents happen all the time but due to this big mouthed pillock we now know there is a conspiracy to do harm to Nicki Pedersen by his fellow GP riders.

That is something that should NEVER in ANY circumstances have been placed on a forum like this.

This fool is now privy to that conspiracy and has told God knows how many people that this conspiracy exists.

I have met some idiots in my time but this bloke would be elected King by them if they ever got together.

The last thing I wanted to know on this forum was that riders may be planning to fence Nicki Pedersen as it is none of my business and anyone overhearing such a thing should do all he can to ensure it is reported to the Speedway authorities before it goes any further along with the names of those involved.

What will I think next time Nicki ends up in the fence and is carted away in an ambulance.

He should have kept his big mouth shut and riders now need to beware before imparting any private information to this bloke.

I think it is the most disgraceful post I have ever seen on this forum.

Bit over the top

Bit over the top

Not at all.

Compared to what Rising did it's nothing.

He just revealed something really serious to a bunch of people he did not know from Adam.

It's the stupidest thing anyone has ever written here.

We now know that someone is planning to assault Nicki Pedersen and that is more information than I ever wanted here.

Incredible piece of stupidity that beggars belief. :(

• Like 1

Not at all.

Compared to what Rising did it's nothing.

He just revealed something really serious to a bunch of people he did not know from Adam.

It's the stupidest thing anyone has ever written here.

We now know that someone is planning to assault Nicki Pedersen and that is more information than I ever wanted here.

Incredible piece of stupidity that beggars belief. :(

EXCUSE me but that's not what I wrote.

• Like 1

I read it differently. I read it that people were saying enough is enough and he'll get a taste of his own medicine if he carries on.

Not the other 14 riders in a room drawing straws for who's fencing him in the next heat.

And let's be honest, are any of us remotely shocked by this revelation? Bunch of the riders already had very public Twitter spats with NP anyway.

Plus let's not forget that Phils point was he's glad it came to a head NOT in a racing scenario which he suggested (quite rightly) is better then during. As risers had spoken - not acted upon, but spoken about is after seeing Nicki do something like that one time to many.

You will disagree with me & I respect that but I'm just suggesting it's not quite the mountain you've made of it..

BETTER to take retribution off the track than on it. Plenty of riders 30/40 years ago would have dealt with a similar situation very differently. A speedway bike can be a lethal weapon when seeking revenge.

Like it or not, Hancock's views are echoed around the SGP pits and it was only a matter of time before something like this happened again. Matej Zagar had a confrontation with NP in Manilla a few years back.

Of course, Pedersen is box office, the pantomime villain if you like, but safety is paramount and there are undoubtably times when Nicki oversteps the mark and risks injuring his fellow competitors.

EXCUSE me but that's not what I wrote.

I believe the top Post is the relevant one here. I can see nothing in it about people hunting for Nicki on the Track. It might happen, I hope it doesn't, but I don't think Philip has Posted anything wrong here. I don't always agree with him, by the way, but fair is fair.

• Like 2