British Speedway Forum
TurnTwo

It First Eagles V Surestop Brummies Ko Cup 21st June

I like all this talk of a close match and as long as we progress to next round, it will be nice.

I think its more likely to be an easy win for Eastbourne

EASTBOURNE: Bradley Wilson-Dean, Mattie Bates, Richard Andrews, David Mason, Marc Owen, Georgie Wood, Kelsey Dugard

BIRMINGHAM: Adam Ellis, Alex Wilson, Sam Chapman R/R, Zach Wajtknecht, Tom Perry, Harvie Banks, Adam Kirby.

I think changes to the Brum team make them weaker but it could still be a close match. Eastbourne by 10

Edited by stevec

This was posted on Facebook

Just a little bit of advice for anyone travelling to Arlington tomorrow via the A22. I have been informed that the East Grinstead/Copthorne area will have many roads closed, until 3pm, in the area of the A22 due to the London to Brighton cycle ride. I have been advised to use the M23 and avoid the A22. Might save some of you getting stuck in traffic hopefully.

• Like 1

EASTBOURNE are set to face Birmingham this afternoon at Arlington at full-strength after Bradley Wilson-Dean declared himself fit to return following his recent accident.

The Kiwi came through a team practice session on Saturday with flying colours and is ready to oNce again line-up for the Eagles in the crunch KO Cup match against the Brummies.

The Eagles trail by just five points from the first leg at Perry Barr and with glorious weather forecast it promises to be the match of the season so far. Tapes up at 3.30pm.

Eastbourne eventually got through today but threw away a few points getting there. Main concern was the time to run meeting 2 3/4 hours not all of the Eagles doing but did we really need a 30 minute interval which meant it took nearly an hour between heats 10 and 11 being completed due to the green light failing after the meeting interval. Also can someone explain the Adam Kirby situation, he only took 5 rides though the announcer said he had 7, Birmingham had only 1 rider in 3 heats was Kirby excluded for 2 minutes in heats 9 & 10 ? as no annoucement was made at the time. Also thought each team had to have a number 8, Birmingham turned up with 6 riders and lost Banks after his first ride, so only had 5 from heat 2.

Yes, I was surprised with the Kirby thing. It appears he must have been excluded in two rides but I thought he had not entered them, very strange.

Didnt have much of an issue with the time for the break. Track needed watering as it was getting dusty and they cant have known the green light was going to blow, Fact is, there were so many faller's and 2 minute exclusions, it was always going to be a long meeting.

In general, it was far from the best meeting we have had and I think maybe Bradley needs to accept defeat sometimes. He could have got injured in heat 15 going for a win we didnt need.....Thats just a small constructive criticism. I love racers and he sure is one.

Still think Brad wasn't 100% today but we are all allowed off days! I was pleased with Bates today and Kelsey except he really didn't need to Race Andrews when they would have been paid a win anyway instead of an exclusion! Had Marc not looked back he would have beaten Ellis and he deserved it as he had done the work! Still it adds another meeting this year at least and just maybe another chance to OMMER Cradley again if we make the final!

Eastbourne eventually got through today but threw away a few points getting there. Main concern was the time to run meeting 2 3/4 hours not all of the Eagles doing but did we really need a 30 minute interval which meant it took nearly an hour between heats 10 and 11 being completed due to the green light failing after the meeting interval. Also can someone explain the Adam Kirby situation, he only took 5 rides though the announcer said he had 7, Birmingham had only 1 rider in 3 heats was Kirby excluded for 2 minutes in heats 9 & 10 ? as no annoucement was made at the time. Also thought each team had to have a number 8, Birmingham turned up with 6 riders and lost Banks after his first ride, so only had 5 from heat 2.

You have to declare a number 8 as part of your team but he doesn't have to turn up for meetings. Its purely down to the management who is declared as a number 8 for a meeting. Or you can use another teams, like Cradley used King's Lynn's number 8 today! Also if a number 8 is declared in a meeting he can only take R/R rides.

Edited by Islander15

Numerous reruns, extensive tractor breaks, lengthy interval and topped off with a start light failure. If I was a newbie today, I would never go to speedway again. I'd lost the will to live by 6pm!

Numerous reruns, extensive tractor breaks, lengthy interval and topped off with a start light failure. If I was a newbie today, I would never go to speedway again. I'd lost the will to live by 6pm!

Shame you lived to tell the tale

Seemed to accidentally forget a comma after the first word, never mind...

Edited by Falcon Hammer

Just come on here so will have my say, it wasnt a great afternoon did go on way too long, the track when its like that will always give you fallers as the surface is so inconsistant and cant have been easy riding into a load of dust. The sooner they go back to saturday nights full time the better, or even 6pm wouod be late enough for the track to get moist and stay that way.

Agree with brad definately needs to admit defeat sometimes was never going to catch ellis, no doubt he will be wanting to beat him when the brummies come back. Thought birminghams zach gave a great account of himself on our tricky track. No idea what went on with kirby he had 5 rides

Barbaras desicion in heat 2 to allow banks back in was probably the worst desicion ive ever seen live, ah well, onto rye house next week hope its not waterlogged like last night, was 20 mins from stadium when called off.

Shame you lived to tell the tale

Seemed to accidentally forget a comma after the first word, never mind...

my missing comma dave, will never equal your spelling mistakes!

The announcement came at the end of heat 10 as the interval was starting that Kirby was disqualified from both heats 9 and 10.

Birmingham named him to ride in both races and he didn't appear.

The meeting did string along yes but you can see the management are trying their best to resolve the dust problem!!