British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Coventry_Bee

Cardiff Advice

Not been to Cardiff for a few years but decided we are going to make a weekend of it. I usually buy the tickets via the website, however looking there isn't much by the start line, when I have been previous there are always empty seats there so do I wait and buy on the day ?? Also I am driving instead of getting a coach so I am booking a parking spot then driving out of Cardiff and looking to book a cheaper hotel as not paying stupid prices that are quoted everywhere. Any pointers on these would be appreciated.

Thanks

Just buy cheapest tickets on the day and then sit wherever you want when racing starts

• Like 1

Just buy cheapest tickets on the day and then sit wherever you want when racing starts

But not in someone elses seat! I had that happen one year and he told me to sit somewhere else. He clearly didn't know me :D

But not in someone elses seat! I had that happen one year and he told me to sit somewhere else. He clearly didn't know me :D

He was a good judge then !! :rofl:

Cardiff is generally about the beer I find so make as much time to pre drink as possible.

Also if you take someone who doesn't really like Speedway they are more likely to queue for the beers so you don't even have to get up.

Edited by SpecialOne

Cardiff is generally about the beer I find so make as much time to pre drink as possible.

Also if you take someone who doesn't really like Speedway they are more likely to queue for the beers so you don't even have to get up.

And double up each time too.. ;)

• Like 1

We buy our tickets off the touts a couple of hours before the start & save about 30%. We stopped in Newport once, & the hotels were a bit cheaper.

We come to drink your Brains :rofl:

Cheers, I don't think the stewards bother much as long as somebody says and you don't end up in so body else's seat. Never got tickets from a tout before. The ticket site isn't really user friendly, apart from by the start anybody think 1st or 4th bend is best?

I've sat in pretty much every place imaginable and nowhere is bad. If you want to get a clearly view of starts finishes than obviously the straights are better.

The touts are actually very close to one of the ticket offices, & shout nice & loud to let you know they have got plenty left.

A few years ago they were actually selling to people in the queue for the ticket offices :D

Premier inn in cribbs causeway (Bristol) is reasonable about 45mins away just over the bridge!!