British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Noodles

Peterborough V Glasgow 24/6/15

Panthers fans should turn up in their droves to catch a glimpse of Robert Lambert this season as the amount of stick he's had off some this season means it's unlikely he'll be riding in the lower leagues next season, especially now he is being signed up to ride in Sweden. It'll be Denmark next, then Poland...

Looking forward to tonight, great entertainment whenever I've been to the EOES this season.

Great racing track.

Panthers fans should turn up in their droves to catch a glimpse of Robert Lambert this season as the amount of stick he's had off some this season means it's unlikely he'll be riding in the lower leagues next season, especially now he is being signed up to ride in Sweden. It'll be Denmark next, then Poland...

Looking forward to tonight, great entertainment whenever I've been to the EOES this season.

If they didn't turn out in their droves to watch a better show and better riders in the EL then the fact that we're a stepping stone for Lambert is going to make little difference. If he listens to Woffinden then he may not be riding the higher league next season (Higher League, you've got to laugh :D ) so hopefully some 6 fingered fans will also make the trip on your advice. Although can't people glimpse from elsewhere anyway should they so wish? Not that I'm advocating that of course: better live as I said. If only they could put the Sky feed through the PA during heat results, that'd be a real bonus (did it once in 1999 as we listened to The Knights blow the title (good quiz question) so it's not impossible).

If only they could put the Sky feed through the PA during heat results, that'd be a real bonus (did it once in 1999 as we listened to The Knights blow the title (good quiz question) so it's not impossible).

Can you not listen to it (watch it) on your phone at the meeting?

I did that with the Newcy live match last year.

The internet feed is a little behind real time and it was good to see the replays etc.

• Like 1

Can you not listen to it (watch it) on your phone at the meeting?

Firstly you can't hear anything when the PA kicks in (including often making sense of what's coming out of the PA). Secondly, my phone makes and receives calls, that's it. I don't play the can't bloody leave my expensive mobile entertainment centre alone for 2 minutes game :wink:

Bet Canary Wharf man will not like that :D

The first point can be overcome by sticking the supplied wires in your ear.

The second point presents a bigger obstacle.

• Like 1

Bet Canary Wharf man will not like that :D

Crikey you know me so well , especially when I'm driving.. ;)

The first point can be overcome by sticking the supplied wires in your ear.

The second point presents a bigger obstacle.

First point makes no difference so still no requirement to investigate part 2. Just try to imagine Edwin trying to tell you the line-up of the heat when the bike are already at tapes, totally pointless. It's probably better audio in the cheap seats?

sorry if already mentioned, but who can take rides for Sergent?, need to know for betting :t:

First point makes no difference so still no requirement to investigate part 2. Just try to imagine Edwin trying to tell you the line-up of the heat when the bike are already at tapes, totally pointless. It's probably better audio in the cheap seats?

Audio works a treat in the VIP lounge.

Audio works a treat in the VIP lounge.

Short of VIPs attending are they, just hand a ticket to anyone walking by. Let's hope FP doesn't walk by, that'd lower the tone considerably :D

Edited by Crump99

sorry if already mentioned, but who can take rides for Sergent?, need to know for betting :t:

rule is the one rider above and all below.

Sarjeant listed to ride at 2 so todays interpretation of the rule is everyone can take an r/r as No1 is above him in the programme and the rest are all below.

Ratified by the MC in the best interests of speedway as its a Sky match.wink

• Like 1

On Sunday it was Howe and the reserves, but this is Speedway and It's Wednesday, so it might have changed.

On Sunday it was Howe and the reserves, but this is Speedway and It's Wednesday, so it might have changed.

Thanks, so its unlikely summers will get an extra ride?

Wouldn't think so - not until 1st July.

Howe and the reserves I would think tonight.

Then Summers and the reserves from the 1st.

But r/r should score more than Serj would have done.

• Like 2

CRACKER ON THE CARDS

Wednesday June 24, 2015
pearson_tatum2.jpg

SKY Sports expert Kelvin Tatum is bracing himself for another East of England Showground thriller tonight (Wednesday).

The cameras will be rolling when Peterborough take on Glasgow in a clash of the Premier League big-guns (7.30pm).

And Tatum is excited about Sky’s first visit for 14 months to a venue which has provided them with some fantastic televised racing in the past.

Tatum said: “We have seen some terrific meetings at Peterborough down the years on television.

“A fantastic World Cup round from a few years ago sticks in my mind as does the Elite League Grand Final second leg of 2006 which was one of the most exciting domestic speedway meetings ever seen.

“I think tonight could be quite a meeting as well. Glasgow are an ambitious outfit and they have a very strong team with riders like Nick Morris and Richard Lawson being complimented by the recent signing of David Howe.

“Peterborough have also been performing well and have a good-looking side of their own so it would be a tight and tough meeting.

“I don’t watch Premier League racing every week by any means, but I have seen some really good stuff at this level.

“The teams have that bit better balance than in the Elite League. There isn’t such a disparity in ability and that keeps the racing very competitive.”

In the build-up to the clash of two teams sat third and fourth in the second-tier standings, Tatum has spoken about the tough test the Alwalton track provides for riders.

He added: “When nicely prepared it is undoubtedly one of the better tracks in the UK.

“It can be quite a challenging track for a rider. You need to have lots of speed but there is a fine line between having a bike that is too strong or not strong enough.

“You have to relish the challenge of riding there. If not it can prove awkward.”

http://www.peterboroughpanthers.co/