British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
robert72

Leicester V Swindon Mon 29th June Sky Match

Best track in the county maybe. Could be so much better but DH has caught the speedway promoter's disease. 'I'm right and everybody else is wrong'.

If so he must have caught it off Van Straaten and Adams

Well done to the Leicester Panthers select - good win.... :t:

what a load of crap racing... just awful....Thanks the stars for Sky+ :o

When a match is on Sky the local track guys have to prepare it the way Ronnie Russell dictates. Blame him if the racing was not good enough. Recent matches at Leicester have been ok. Why don't they leave it to the experts.

The racing has been dire since it opened,the rare good race is not enough to keep fans paying out £17+ a meeting. How many of those who paid £7.50 will return at full price to watch gate and go ?

As for track prep I didn't see ronnie out there dictating to glyn how it should be done,it was glyn on the tractor sorting the track

It's now time DH listened to the fans and changed the track,shorten the straights now or it will be the end of Leicester speedway as it was a tv horror show last night and the highlight was a stuffed toy lion appearing behind the sky puppets.

Edited by robert72
  • Like 3

So are Swindon just fodder,as they looked last night (all season) or is it more points lowering for Darcy?

At least we know it's one of them. :P:

It's good to see Leicester winning again with guests doing the business for them.

They appear to make their minds up too early without taking into account the current situation. That being said it doesn't need the Brain of Britain to work out Wolves v Coventry is going to be box office, one way or the other. Has there been an away win on Sky this season?

Yes!! :t::D

The racing has been dire since it opened,the rare good race is not enough to keep fans paying out £17+ a meeting. How many of those who paid £7.50 will return at full price to watch gate and go ?

As for track prep I didn't see ronnie out there dictating to glyn how it should be done,it was glyn on the tractor sorting the track

It's now time DH listened to the fans and changed the track,shorten the straights now or it will be the end of Leicester speedway as it was a tv horror show last night and the highlight was a stuffed toy lion appearing behind the sky puppets.

You really are such a bundle of joy.

• Like 1

I don't think the straights have to be made shorter, just stick some serious banking on the bends like Glasgow and chop some of the infield out to make a more rounded inside line, the track would be awesome then i think.

Leicester deserved their win last night and bet Rosco can't wait to make the required changes.

• Like 2

You really are such a bundle of joy.

You mean honest & not rose tinted about the sport dying.

• Like 3

The racing last night wasn't great. However, to read all the comments you would think that every other track in the country produces the finest racing the world has ever seen. Generally speaking, week in week out, you are lucky to see a decent race once in a blue moon at any track in the uk.

Good meetings are very much few and far between. In fact, I don't think I have seen what you could term as a genuinely great speedway meeting for a very long time.............Anywhere.

• Like 1

If so he must have caught it off Van Straaten and Adams

It started with CVS & Adams :D

Yes!! :t::D

I must have blinked :P

I spoke with one of the track men who said they had both been told how the track should be prepared before racing. Could it be that Glyn only came out when told to do so.

I spoke with one of the track men who said they had both been told how the track should be prepared before racing. Could it be that Glyn only came out when told to do so.

Glyn posts on here so I hope he will speak up if it wasn't his track prep yesterday but I was made aware he was in control of it.

Up until the middle of last month, I'd have agreed. However, the last meeting I saw at Leicester (against Wolverhampton) - or about half of it - was pretty good.

It just shows that Beaumont Park can produce decent racing.

The racing last night wasn't great. However, to read all the comments you would think that every other track in the country produces the finest racing the world has ever seen. Generally speaking, week in week out, you are lucky to see a decent race once in a blue moon at any track in the uk.

Good meetings are very much few and far between. In fact, I don't think I have seen what you could term as a genuinely great speedway meeting for a very long time.............Anywhere.

I don't think that's true. Some tracks are most definitely better than others.

I suppose its a matter of personal opinion but I think the last three matches I have seen - at Lakeside, Mildenhall and Belle Vue - were all good.

As to genuinely great meetings, I'd agree they are rare. Then again, they are in every other sport, too.

Edited by Halifaxtiger

Shame you weren't at last week's Coventry v Belle Vue match as that really was a genuinely great speedway meeting so well done to both sets of riders 'cos it takes two teams to make a good meeting. Swindon are obviously either poor at the moment or reducing averages. I suppose we'll find out soon which it is. :wink:

.....elmo.....Also there was a dog on the back straight.

I'm wondering if this was the one whose owner was asking in the General Discussions area if dogs are allowed at Leicester? They posted afterwards that they were sitting in the sunshine at the track. :lol: I think if visiting fans turn up with a dog they probably allow it in so perhaps if I wear my Coventry Bees scarf they'll let Lucy in. What do you reckon my chances are? :wink: Seriously though if I could have her with me now Ray doesn't attend anymore I'd be there every week.

Edited by Gemini
  • Like 1

Racing was not great but to a certain extent it's not going to he helped with Swindon carrying riders like last night.

All the team were good last night and praise to Robert Lambert and Carl Wilkinson for their efforts.

I would like to pay attention to the efforts and promotion of the evening. I genuinely am struggling to remember a time when such an effort went into the promoting of a meeting. Reduced prices, beer and food vouchers and air horns given away produced a good atmosphere and a big crowd.

I would say that possibly 50% more than a normal meeting. Not everyone was on a reduced price but it goes to show, promote the product and reduce price and people will turn out.

Would love to see what would happen if the same prices were implimented on a Saturday evening. With extra programmes and other bits revenue may be similar?? Let alone provide a great vibe and atmosphere.

Having witnessed the potential last night...on a work and school night it must be worth an experiment. If it produces a small loss then you have at least tried and it may show an alternative at £10-£12 may actually work.

Anyway apart from the massive queues....well done DH and the promotion for a good effort last night.

• Like 2