British Speedway Forum
Mauger_Magic

Newcastle Diamonds V Scunthorpe Scorpions Pl 28th June, 6.30

Not to be too hard on Scunny, their team doesn't look the best, a bad choice of guest at Newcastle (IMO), Terry Piper under-par and they did have some bad luck early on,,, Newcastle took advantage of it and, so they should, cos when it's in, it's in and, when it's not, it's not,,, if Newcastle can carry it on at home and pick up some scraps away, stay away from injuries, they are a strong team and 'could' do something :-)

Glasgow in the next round shouldn't worry them, as they are looking vulnerable now, it's all about taking chances and not being afraid to fail,,,

• Like 3

I know a few riders socially and they view Brough Park as one to get out of the way (meaning they don't like going there), by having such a track I feel the Newcastle fans miss out on a lot of good racing that a good race track provides with riders turning up with that attitude.

Just glad I dont have to watch there regular.

Cue the throttle control gang :P

Oh Dear, are you Montie in disguise. You have to remember that there are different track sizes and shapes determined by the premises that they happen to be it. We can't all have a blank canvas and end up with the finest track size, shape and preparation that you Scunny fans are lucky enough to drowl over. Plenty of fine racing at Brough, if the away team is up for it, or remembers to use their throttle hand in conjunction with a brain.

• Like 4

I don't know any riders socially and do not claim to be "in the know", but I do know a ranking bad performance when I see one, and that is what we had this evening. Oh, and quite what a "purist" (= speedway snob?) could take from the efforts of most of the Scunthorpe team, I do not know. To the non-purist, they stank for place out.

By purist I am meaning that; that someone looking from a purely racing perspective the team has produced some entertainment; certainly at the EWR. But your right to question the efforts tonight on the evidence of this gubbing. Tommy Gun's zero return is as uncharacteristic as it is helpful. Personally I too do not claim to know the riders; but I reckon I know that they will be as unhappy with it as you or I may be. Again you cannot loose Josh and Ryan and get away with it; I am sure that the management have weighed things up when deciding to make do and mend until they are back. But for sure it damages business at the gate when folks want to see a competitive team home and away.

Edited by the outsider

I know a few riders socially and they view Brough Park as one to get out of the way (meaning they don't like going there), by having such a track I feel the Newcastle fans miss out on a lot of good racing that a good race track provides with riders turning up with that attitude.

Maybe if a few of those 'riders' should learn how to ride a known technical track, their dislike would wane. Mind you a quality rider can adjust accordingly. It took a certain young guy called Lambert exactly one ride to dial himself in a couple of weeks back. All very well banging in your points at larger tracks, but if you can do both then perhaps a more lucrative living would beckon.

• Like 2

Oh Dear, are you Montie in disguise. You have to remember that there are different track sizes and shapes determined by the premises that they happen to be it. We can't all have a blank canvas and end up with the finest track size, shape and preparation that you Scunny fans are lucky enough to drowl over. Plenty of fine racing at Brough, if the away team is up for it, or remembers to use their throttle hand in conjunction with a brain.

Dave,,, :-(

it's a carrott ;-)

• Like 1

I wonder what excuses Scunny will come with this time

no excuses we all met at burger king had our double whopper and chips, marhmellows,icecream and had our team talk .I gave them the option of sitting in there vans with thier computer and then they could take the piss out of all the teams riding tonight or they could go to newcastle and try to get into the next round of the KO cup.They chose the latter, with hindsight they should have taken the first option.over to you

• Like 3

no excuses we all met at burger king had our double whopper and chips, marhmellows,icecream and had our team talk .I gave them the option of sitting in there vans with thier computer and then they could take the piss out of all the teams riding tonight or they could go to newcastle and try to get into the next round of the KO cup.They chose the latter, with hindsight they should have taken the first option.over to you

You sure they chose the latter?

Guest WTF1

surely you meant the Scunthorpe riders went to the pub to buy the next round and watch the KO cup later, it might have helped if they had stayed there lol!

Maybe if a few of those 'riders' should learn how to ride a known technical track, their dislike would wane. Mind you a quality rider can adjust accordingly. It took a certain young guy called Lambert exactly one ride to dial himself in a couple of weeks back. All very well banging in your points at larger tracks, but if you can do both then perhaps a more lucrative living would beckon.

yeah, but he's a proper speedway rider ;-)

What a complete embarrassment this Scunthorpe team is, as a previous poster stated reminiscent of the old Quibell Park days , the score was far worse than i predicted and Jorgensen was obviously a crap guest, well Scunthorpe's season is now over and with a 3 week gap in home activity i just wonder how many supporters will turn up for the next home meeting.

Well Mr Butt you must have memory loss as the last time I looked we have never been as bad as the quibell park days as you put it quite the opposite apart from this year which nothing will go right we over the last ten years have been less than an embarresement. Right at this minute I hate speedway and comments like yours make me wonder why I try to keep it going especialy the one about I wonder how many peopple will turn up next time. Well its your perogative not to turn up but please don't insight others intoyour opinions as it is well documented that this could be our last year and comments like that are damanging to people who love speedway win or loose. As to the crap guest isn't hindsight a wonderfull thing ,for the record I would pick Thomas Jorgensen every time over anyone else and once again find your comments insulting. Maybe what you should have come on here and said was something like "bloody hell what happenened there Thomas wasn't at his best he must have had a problem and chin up lads when josh and ryan are back we will be back on it and when we will go back to newcastle we will make amends,but no you chose to post your crap anyway you enjoy your sleep as I wont.

• Like 7

Guest WTF1

Well Mr Butt you must have memory loss as the last time I looked we have never been as bad as the quibell park days as you put it quite the opposite apart from this year which nothing will go right we over the last ten years have been less than an embarresement. Right at this minute I hate speedway and comments like yours make me wonder why I try to keep it going especialy the one about I wonder how many peopple will turn up next time. Well its your perogative not to turn up but please don't insight others intoyour opinions as it is well documented that this could be our last year and comments like that are damanging to people who love speedway win or loose. As to the crap guest isn't hindsight a wonderfull thing ,for the record I would pick Thomas Jorgensen every time over anyone else and once again find your comments insulting. Maybe what you should have come on here and said was something like "bloody hell what happenened there Thomas wasn't at his best he must have had a problem and chin up lads when josh and ryan are back we will be back on it and when we will go back to newcastle we will make amends,but no you chose to post your crap anyway you enjoy your sleep as I wont.

Where does it say in my post that i won't be coming to the next meeting, i am simply stating that alot of other people who have seen these latest results will be tempted to stay away.

Dave, what is the centre green used for at Newcastle? I may be wrong but I think you do have a blank canvas. :cheers:

Edited by tyretrax
  • Like 1

Dave, what is the centre green used for at Newcastle? I may be wrong but I think you do have a blank canvas. :cheers:

more like a can of worms ;-)

Scattering greyhounds ashes.

Edited by PaulS

I really hope you do keep speedway going, ideally at premier league level but if cash is tight would you consider dropping Scunthorpe back down to the national league in 2016?