British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Super Blue

Ipswich Witches V Plymouth Devil's Pl 2-7-15 @ 7-30pm

If this goes ahead ( weather) it could be an interesting encounter with the new Witches riding order and a new recruit on board.

Welcome Ash Morris!

Also I'm sure the Devils will come with a new found confidence having triumphed over Peterborough at the showground on Sunday.

Hopefully after all the recent fantastic weather the predictions of thunderstorms on Thursday are unfounded , we get a decent meeting and a confidence building win for the Witches.

I'll go for a 50-40 home win although I think it ought to be bigger than that in reality.

Id settle for 50-40 SB!!

Just need to steady the ship,get all 7 back on board and set sail for play off island!!

Good luck to Cam and Ash especially.

Speculate all you want. The Devils will contrive to confound us all.

As soon as we think they have sorted themselves out, they will be getting a comprehensive seeing to. When we decide that there is little to be gained by acknowledging that they even exist they will come up with a fabulous meeting. Unpredictability is the only predictable thing.

We know from recent results that the Devils do Foxhall very, very badly. Frankly I wouldn't expect any surprises on Thursday.

The devils are not renowned for great foxhall form, so will be expecting a comfortable home win. the pairing of gino and rohan could be interesting, both extremely fast out front but tend to race the same bit of track.

Baldy....agreed! But you'd really think that 'somebody' would have a word about the lines they are using?

That's twice you have agreed with me recently. Don't make a habit of it. It's not the done thing ;-)

• Like 1

i'll settle for a Witches win hopefully by at least 10 no injury's to either team and some good racing is that too much to ask ?

Manzares seems to be able to make that inside line work brilliantly. Don't think I've ever seen another rider make so many passes on that inside!

It's a lovely morning but varying weather forecasts are predicting anything from very little rain to heavy thunderstorms this afternoon .

Anyone in the area might want to keep us updated if things are looking dodgy later ?

Car says 21c here. Sun is out and not much cloud....

BBC breakfast weather map has the thunder about 4pm

Edited by 2ndbendbeerhut

Might have ventured over to watch the mighty Devils again but I think it has been so undersold I won't bother.

EastEnders it is again then.

Had a look at a few sites now and most of them are saying that from anytime mid afternoon to early evening could be the chance of rain and thunder in the area but most are warning that they could be very localized .

Maybe a shower late in the day could be good for the track after all the warm weather ?

Good piece from rohan in the paper. I recon his season is really gonna start tonight with a max/ paid max