British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
DutchGrasstrack

Latvian Gp 18 July

I'd like to know what the rules say, as Doyle was in front of Harris, carrying more speed than Harris and there was definitely room until Harris turned left. As you say, riders were making "clean" passes going into turns 1 and 3, where the slower rider left room. If this continues before too long there will be no passing.

Totally agree with ALL your comments, Doyle was much faster than Harris, people forget you only have a split second to make a decision. Harris did turn left on Doyle. Yes the was contact, but i don't feel he should have been excluded, hate to say it as im English through & through!

I'd like to know what the rules say, as Doyle was in front of Harris, carrying more speed than Harris and there was definitely room until Harris turned left. As you say, riders were making "clean" passes going into turns 1 and 3, where the slower rider left room. If this continues before too long there will be no passing.

What?!! A rider turned left, going into a left-hand bend? Surely this won't do? Whatever will they do next?

What?!! A rider turned left, going into a left-hand bend? Surely this won't do? Whatever will they do next?

Quite simple really.
Compare the two heats below:
What is the difference between Doyle in Heat 13 and MJJ in Heat 16 (battling for second with Batchelor)? Nothing, they make an almost identical pass of the rider in front.
What is the difference between Harris and Batchelor? Batchelor gives his rider room, whereas Harris turns left on Doyle.
Heat 13:
Heat 16:
As I said, it would be interesting to know what the rules state. Maybe Harris is perfectly entitled to fall and get Doyle excluded. Maybe Batchelor should have shut the door on MJJ.
Personally, I would like the advantage to be with the rider passing, rather than the rider defending.
  • Like 1

When are the idiots , sorry, EXPERTS, in charge of this sport finally going to engage more than half a brain cell when running these meetings and realise that WHEN rain is forecast, you don't bugger about with tedious presentations/introductions and delays BEFORE the first race actually takes place?!!...Its FINE to do all that then there is no chance of any bad weather but thats now 2 out of 5 GP's (SUPPOSED to be the pinnacle events of the sport, although with some of the riders who ARE in it and some who are NOT this year then thats a bit of a joke anyway!) that havent managed to get to their conclusion.

No-one can control the weather, BUT you can control many other things and work around it so that the public, once again, don't get short changed.

• Like 1

Not the most thrilling meeting last night and then it hammered down so no finals, not great. At least it's only a week until the next one

If Doyle had drifted out into Harris's path after passing then agree Doyle should have gone, but he didn't, he stayed close to the kerb (ditto his Kildemand pass at Cardiff). Pedersen's pass of Kildemand at Cardiff was the correct call as Pedersen didn't have enough room to make the pass in the first place.

I know its a thin line, but feel the ref is getting it wrong in some cases....

• Like 1

Not the most thrilling meeting last night and then it hammered down so no finals, not great. At least it's only a week until the next one

Can't wait. :rolleyes:

Sorry i cant quite believe what im reading here

people seriously think Harris should be excluded????

ive watched speedway for 34 years and never would i have said that Harris was in anyway to blame.

Harris was in front he can do what he likes, shut the door , or what he actually did which was hold his line

Doyle came in with to much speed and took his wheel away. It was one of the most obvious exclusions ive seen

When he is excluded Doyle makes no issue out of it. He knew he was in the wrong. Look at the race Doyle looks back as soon as he hit Harris

This forum is about opinions but i cant believe anyone thinks Doyle should have stayed in!

• Like 6

Sorry i cant quite believe what im reading here

people seriously think Harris should be excluded????

ive watched speedway for 34 years and never would i have said that Harris was in anyway to blame.

Harris was in front he can do what he likes, shut the door , or what he actually did which was hold his line

Doyle came in with to much speed and took his wheel away. It was one of the most obvious exclusions ive seen

When he is excluded Doyle makes no issue out of it. He knew he was in the wrong. Look at the race Doyle looks back as soon as he hit Harris

This forum is about opinions but i cant believe anyone thinks Doyle should have stayed in!

WOULDN'T argue with any of that except, as a top referee told me recent, it is a fallacy to believe that a rider in front "can do anything he wants." There are exceptions where a rider can be excluded despite being front of an opponent although this obviously wasn't the case with Harris on Saturday.

WOULDN'T argue with any of that except, as a top referee told me recent, it is a fallacy to believe that a rider in front "can do anything he wants." There are exceptions where a rider can be excluded despite being front of an opponent although this obviously wasn't the case with Harris on Saturday.

there is. obviously if you turn left down a straight to block then yes you are out.

but Harris just rode his line, yes he turned to go into the corner but nothing like a sharp left.

Doyle just went in to quick and caught him. I think its pretty obvious that Doyle accepted the decision but you were there Phil did he?

there is. obviously if you turn left down a straight to block then yes you are out.

but Harris just rode his line, yes he turned to go into the corner but nothing like a sharp left.

Doyle just went in to quick and caught him. I think its pretty obvious that Doyle accepted the decision but you were there Phil did he?

Don`t think Phil was there-I saw a very pretty face doing the picks board for the semi`s :lol:

Don`t think Phil was there-I saw a very pretty face doing the picks board for the semi`s :lol:

WHAT are you trying to say :neutral:

Wasn't there (personal reasons) but you will have to put up with my ugly mug again in Malilla on Saturday.

Good riding by Holder, Batchelor and Doyle. Thought the racing was hard and tight, even without so much passing.

Doyle went in fast under Harris, but not fast enough, Harris should enjoy those 3 points, because he wont be there next year.

Good riding by Holder, Batchelor and Doyle. Thought the racing was hard and tight, even without so much passing.

Doyle went in fast under Harris, but not fast enough, Harris should enjoy those 3 points, because he wont be there next year.

He will if he qualifies ! .