British Speedway Forum

What was wrong with it in the street running parallel with the stadium?

Been there for the last 3 GP's, the atophere is great and there nothing like watching it live. However we staying at home this year, doing the SWC at BV instead plus going away for a few days to Yorkshire with the money saved not going to Cardiff.

Will still see it on BT Sports

HAVE enquired of Ole Olsen whether there is sufficient room at the Principality Stadium to replicate the Warsaw track but sadly there isn't.

• Like 1

HAVE enquired of Ole Olsen whether there is sufficient room at the Principality Stadium to replicate the Warsaw track but sadly there isn't.

Then why not have a slightly scaled down version? If there is less room, and he knows the measurements of both areas, its a simple maths equation. If the Cardiff space is 7% smaller, reduce the measurements by 7%.

Been there for the last 3 GP's, the atophere is great and there nothing like watching it live. However we staying at home this year, doing the SWC at BV instead plus going away for a few days to Yorkshire with the money saved not going to Cardiff.

Will still see it on BT Sports

Hard to beat Yorkshire at any time of year :t:

• Like 1

Track last year at Cardiff was good Phil so no need to worry!

Re Cardiff v Warsaw. I thought if they pulled the straights in at Cardiff that would make the turns tighter but wider - meaning different lines on the corners available.

The track though would be shorter if they measure on the white line or metre from white line, whatever it will be shorter and therefore may not meet FIM standards.

Edit - added "may" near the end of last sentence.

Edited by Joe Hatton

Track last year at Cardiff was good Phil so no need to worry!

AGREED but think the shape of the tracks in Melbourne and Warsaw presented more racing lines.

Glad you enjoyed Warsaw ... long time to come from New York for an episode like last year. Wonder if anyone travels further to SGPs than you?

I'm sure I was trumped by people who headed to Melbourne last year. Perfect record at Cardiff so far tho , hoping it long continues!

I'm sure I was trumped by people who headed to Melbourne last year. Perfect record at Cardiff so far tho , hoping it long continues!

OR indeed New Zealand ...

Could well be making an appearence at Cardiff, all the way from Australia!

• Like 1

You will like the city, make sure you get to the quay area, really nicely presented, the stadium is great, and the racing can be good too. Enjoy

I think if the straights were a little wider it would produce more lines.

Edited by eric i