British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
ABS

Lakeside Select V Belle Vue Select

Does anyone have any ideas as to who the guest riders are tomorrow? You get more coming out of a Masonic Lodge meeting than you do from either the Lakeside or Belle Vue web sites.

• Like 1

Teams are

AJ

Swiderski

Kennett

Lawson

Watt

Morley

Ellis

Zagar

Doolan

R/R

Zengota

Nicholls

Worrall

Hughes

• Like 1

Teams are

AJ

Swiderski

Kennett

Lawson

Watt

Morley

Ellis

Zagar

Doolan

R/R

Zengota

Nicholls

Worrall

Hughes

Oh dear - Can't see Aces getting much out of this

How the hell is Kyel (sic!) Hughes is on the B draft list and so far down it? Maybe Mark Loram or Andy smith fancy making a comeback too? He's a proven 5 point PL rider so should surely be ahead of the PL 4 pointers like Bowen, Hawkins, Hall and Wilson?!

Just 6 guests and Rider Replacement then?

Would be a competitive 3TT

Edited by MrMungo
  • Like 1

Does anyone have any ideas as to who the guest riders are tomorrow? You get more coming out of a Masonic Lodge meeting than you do from either the Lakeside or Belle Vue web sites.

Why would you want to know??

Going to a Speedway Meeting these days takes me back to my wonderful childhood...

Every match I attend nowadays, I walk up to the turnstiles feeling just like I did as a seven year old when creeping down the stairs on Christmas Day morning, shaking like a leaf with anticipation as to what surprises will await me!!!...

"Will it be four guests? Will it be five? Or 'joy of joys' and 'be still my beating heart', could it really be six or seven!? Will both teams use rider replacement or will it be just one?"

Who would want to take this wonderful feeling away from me by ruining everything by listing the riders in advance? Thankfully not the teams' involved themselves...

They obviously know how much excitement can be gleaned from not knowing how many various teams will actually be represented on the night under the tenuous guise of riding for the two teams advertised...

Given the unbridled excitement that 'select teams' bring, I really can't fathom why more people don't attend Speedway these days......,

I really can't.... :D;):o

Edited by mikebv
  • Like 5

Kyle Hughes tonight in the PL at reserve scored 0,0,0,0,0 😁 huge task for Belle Vue

Kyle Hughes tonight in the PL at reserve scored 0,0,0,0,0 huge task for Belle Vue

He was actually at Number 3 but he'll probably still score 0 tomorrow.

Why would you want to know??

Going to a Speedway Meeting these days takes me back to my wonderful childhood...

Every match I attend nowadays, I walk up to the turnstiles feeling just like I did as a seven year old when creeping down the stairs on Christmas Day morning, shaking like a leaf with anticipation as to what surprises will await me!!!...

"Will it be four guests? Will it be five? Or 'joy of joys' and 'be still my beating heart', could it really be six or seven!? Will both teams use rider replacement or will it be just one?"

Who would want to take this wonderful feeling away from me by ruining everything by listing the riders in advance? Thankfully not the teams' involved themselves...

They obviously know how much excitement can be gleaned from not knowing how many various teams will actually be represented on the night under the tenuous guise of riding for the two teams advertised...

Given the unbridled excitement that 'select teams' bring, I really can't fathom why more people don't attend Speedway these days......,

I really can't.... :D;):o

Just like our old days at MGS!!!

No weather updates? Spotted a cloud on the horizon - oh, that's the dust being kicked up by all the guests.

No weather updates?

Especially for you sir then, and everyone else intending to be at tonight's meeting:

9.45am FIRST RACEDAY WEATHER CHECK:

Would strongly recommend you don the shorts and Tshirts as it's going to be fine, bright, sunny and very, very warm all day!

HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Farcical. The fixture planner(s) must have known about the WU21 meeting. Those responsible should hang their head(s) in shame. It's not as if this is an isolated incident and such matches are a major reason why the sport and it's competitions are losing credibility. It's not as if it's a difficult problem to overcome. It may not be possible to avoid every fixture clash but they could certainly be vastly reduced.

• Like 1

Especially for you sir then, and everyone else intending to be at tonight's meeting:

9.45am FIRST RACEDAY WEATHER CHECK:

Would strongly recommend you don the shorts and Tshirts as it's going to be fine, bright, sunny and very, very warm all day!

Thanks. Remember a day like this a couple of years ago. Set out in T-shirt/shorts: had to buy trousers and coat at Lakeside shops because it was so chilly . #British weather