British Speedway Forum
mudflaps

The Darcy Ward Show! Swindon V Poole - Mon 13th July 7.30 Elite League (sky Meeting)

Heat 15 and R/R also count towards the averages I believe.

If so it was 12 from 6 (3,3,1,3,F,2). That averages 8.00.

It counts towards his total, though. So Darcy was, technically, top scorer. Zengi averaged more, though, at 9.33.

Cannot find rule but heat 15 does not count and I am sure it it just prog rides. SCB should know and hopefully can confirm.

I went to the World Final in Vojens in the 80s. I saw one very well known rider totally out of it on the ferry and another one at the meeting.

Neither were riding in the World Final, but I think this i fairly typical of a lot of riders.

People give Darcy Ward a lot of stick, but I don't think he's done too much different than a lot of other people who like to have a go.

I saw a drunk bloke in a pub once and he didn't get in his car and drive home...

• Like 4

Cannot find rule but heat 15 does not count and I am sure it it just prog rides. SCB should know and hopefully can confirm.

It's all rides, Heat 15, R/R & reserve rides included.

• Like 1

Heat 15 counts I'm sure. It's one of the reasons heat leader averages have dipped so much.

I certainly don't recall averages ever being just for programmed rides.

All rides count towards the averages. Score on the night - doubling up points are divided by number of races & multiplied by 4.

16.2.1 ESTABLISHED MA’s are calculated on a “Rolling” basis, for a specified number of applicable
Meetings, taking account of the number of Heats and Points (excluding Bonus Points) that a
Rider has scored. The applicable Meetings are:
Elite League: League Meetings, excluding the Play-Offs
Premier League: League Cup mini-League Meetings & regular League Meetings
National League: League Meetings only.
NB: (Double) points scored as a TR will count at 50%.

Looking forward to using that secret parking spot again!!

It's blocked off now on match days due to Health & Safety grounds.

Just joking, calm down! :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Edited by DunRobin

Best to park in Poole and get the bus :D

• Like 1

Darcy Ward scored the most points

Zengota obtained the better average its not that hard to understand.

• Like 1

I saw a drunk bloke in a pub once and he didn't get in his car and drive home...

I know they weren't due to be riding, but it did show a very strong tendancy among speedway riders to get rat arsed that rather surprised me at the time bearing in mind they ride motorcycles for a living most days.

I'm sure Darcy Ward isn't the first rider to get drunk the night before a meeting, it's just he was daft enough to do it before a meeting where they had alcohol testing.

• Like 1

Had me going there for a second!!

It makes me wonder if the Poole management have made a big desicion to send Darcy out to another team this season, not just for the reason of breaking up a good team, but to see how he behaves himself in the coming months, if he does go off the beaten track, which I hope he dosen't has he has now had far to many chances, then the blame dosen't fall into Pooles hands. Mkes you wonder.

I hope that now he has a regular girl behind him that he will decide that the time has come that he needs to sort his life out once and for all. Just hope that they stay together because if they ever break up, I think Darcy would go off the rails again.

Does anyone know, who is looking after his affairs over here now is it still Midlo, I hope not as he needs someone to reallly talk some common sense into him.

What a great talent Darcy is on a speedway bike and no doubt if he keeps his nose clean he will become World Champion before to long. But the talent he has on a bike is sadly missing from his life. Darcy, get yourself sorted out once and for all, and make the fans proud to have been around when you became the top of the pile.

• Like 1

Amasing ain't it, ive just been through both threads, Leicester Swindon and the other Darcy thread, and not ONE Swindon fan has said well done Darcy for banging in 15 points last night. You really do deserve sod all.

Maybe the reason they can't kiss his arse is because your cock is still stuck up it?!

all rides count for averages. Darcy averaged 8

Heat 15 and R/R also count towards the averages I believe.

If so it was 12 from 6 (3,3,1,3,F,2). That averages 8.00.

It counts towards his total, though. So Darcy was, technically, top scorer. Zengi averaged more, though, at 9.33.

Apologise Grachan, you were right

• Like 1