British Speedway Forum
mudflaps

The Darcy Ward Show! Swindon V Poole - Mon 13th July 7.30 Elite League (sky Meeting)

Maybe I'm on my own but I like the expert speedway knowledge they bring and like the over the top exuberance.

Be careful what you wish for. Besides Suzy Perry and Julie Bradbury (I think that was her name who did channel 4 GP highlights) and to a lesser extent Tony Mullard there hasn't been one other presenter with any relevant speedway knowledge and unless you understand the sport it will be a total car crash - anyone remember the Eurosport guy who soon got ditched after a few meetings?

Expertise is the over riding key which both Kelvin and Nigel have in abundance.

I thought mr Norris was far better than mr Tatum but that's just my view, he had humor along with good knowledge of the sport.

I thought that lady on the other day was good.

• Like 1

I thought mr Norris was far better than mr Tatum but that's just my view, he had humor along with good knowledge of the sport.

I agree thought floppy was a terrific analyst and quite funny too.

• Like 2

Norris was good value when he did it and you are right the new woman came across well last week. Certainly professional.

Let's face it with live broadcasts there is always going to be 'padding' and repetition so anyone else will face the same obstacles, I'm just happy to have knowledgeable speedway people involved.

• Like 4

Darcy will be in next years team whatever his average is.

Who gives a flying F*** what the pisshead does..??? He proved what he is by being prepared to race under the influence putting others at unnecessary risk. Facts that can't be argued with. Lets get the alcoholic coke out...!!!!

• Like 1

Who gives a flying F*** what the pisshead does..??? He proved what he is by being prepared to race under the influence putting others at unnecessary risk. Facts that can't be argued with. Lets get the alcoholic coke out...!!!!

Never heard of alcoholic coke, i suppose we are going to have to put up with this sort of inane comment every time his name is mentioned as some who clearly dont like him dont want to give him a chance of proving he has matured but just want to slate him at every opportunity.

I am looking forward to seeing him ride tonight and hope he has a good meeting, although not too good!

• Like 1

Never heard of alcoholic coke, i suppose we are going to have to put up with this sort of inane comment every time his name is mentioned as some who clearly dont like him dont want to give him a chance of proving he has matured but just want to slate him at every opportunity.

I am looking forward to seeing him ride tonight and hope he has a good meeting, although not too good!

I agree, what a pathetic post and no surprise to see see another bitter poster who liked it. :oops:

Can't wait for this meeting and there is room for Darcy to get 15 points as long as Poole get more to win overall!?

Good luck to both teams for hopefully a thrilling and safe meeting and as always, may the best team win.

Edited by Poole Quay 7

Agreed, 15 points, incl bonus points would be just right.

Edited by A ORLOV
  • Like 1

But that is all BV have - their history. They have been by far the worst EL team over the modern era yet everyone still hankers back to the good old days.

What is it about some, they show no respect and have scant regard for what was without doubt the best era our sport has ever known. At a time when Britain ruled the roost in speedway terms, Belle Vue, was the top club that was always thereabouts for years, We're not talking about a time when we have only a few clubs and even less riders, we're talking about a time when we had twice as many teams, and when the sport's popularity was second only to football. Crowd of thousands (not like the few hundred of today) flocked to see all the matches. Riders from all over the world came and competed for the opportunity just to ride for our teams. Wouldn't it be great if it was like that today...

With comments like the above, shows your disrespect to the sport, the people and the clubs. If it wasn't for teams like Belle Vue we wouldn't have a sport left to support.

History is important, whatever walk of life your are from. and the sooner you realise that, the better person you will become...........

• Like 2

With the forecast weather today & following the rain from yesterday, This meeting looks all set for another Sky 10 heat fiasco. Not such good value for your tenner then. If the Robins have a good lead after heat 9, will Middlo be asking for a track inspection?

• Like 1

sky TV would of been worried about all this rain but Poole will ride in any weather so it will be on.

• Like 1

With the forecast weather today & following the rain from yesterday, This meeting looks all set for another Sky 10 heat fiasco. Not such good value for your tenner then. If the Robins have a good lead after heat 9, will Middlo be asking for a track inspection?

Better value than 10 heats for 18 quid!!

Us pirates don't mind we love a wet track!!

What is it about some, they show no respect and have scant regard for what was without doubt the best era our sport has ever known. At a time when Britain ruled the roost in speedway terms, Belle Vue, was the top club that was always thereabouts for years, We're not talking about a time when we have only a few clubs and even less riders, we're talking about a time when we had twice as many teams, and when the sport's popularity was second only to football. Crowd of thousands (not like the few hundred of today) flocked to see all the matches. Riders from all over the world came and competed for the opportunity just to ride for our teams. Wouldn't it be great if it was like that today...

With comments like the above, shows your disrespect to the sport, the people and the clubs. If it wasn't for teams like Belle Vue we wouldn't have a sport left to support.

History is important, whatever walk of life your are from. and the sooner you realise that, the better person you will become...........

And history does often repeat itself. With the new stadium and more control of income streams, the phoenix could well rise again.

We're not talking about a time when we have only a few clubs and even less riders, we're talking about a time when we had twice as many teams, and when the sport's popularity was second only to football.

Speedway has in the past been one of the best supported sports in terms of total numbers of punters through the turnstiles over the course of a season, but no form of motor spor t, apart from F1 in more recent times has ever been accepted by the mainstream media a s anything motorised had never been regarded as. "proper " sport by the establishment, at least not in this country.

Some years ago I had the floorboards up in my parents house and there were some old pages of some national newspapers from the early 1950's when the sport. was getting really big crowds but there was virtually nothing about Speedwáy apart from a few lines giving the line-ups for the evenings meetings. In the whole of my life the average people I have been in contact with had little idea what Speedwáy was about, but loads could talk about cricket , football etc, so it's really only ever been a minority sport, like most othe motor sports.

• Like 1

i hope rosco, pearson and tatum have brought spare pairs of under crackers with them for the return of the rovers one. going to be some very sticky moments when rosco spills his drink as alco pops starts to get into his stride !

yep , spare pairs and tissues all around the the presenters and rosco.

me , i am going for the tissues. tried and trusted .

oh, nearly forgot . darcy ward,s at the abbey 2night, so what ...

(will it p133 down or p133 up )?

Edited by jenga
  • Like 1