British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Paul

Rye V Berwick Koc

Maybe if ground sharing ever comes common place in speedway, maybe Berwick could share with our friends from Rye.

• Like 1

Well........I didn't see that coming. As Jimmy Greaves said 'it's a funny old game'

Well done to Berwick. The writing was on the wall when Kennett was header in heat one. A lesson in gating was certainly what Berwick have the Rockets and some good passes to. NBJ certainly was involved in the race of the night going in a outside gap that didn't look like was there, although I was by the startline. Rye did bring it back in the latter part of the meeting to some respectability.

Excuses for Rye? None really, all poor excuses so well done Berwick.

But...Rye to win by more than six at Berwick? Highly unlikely but who'd have put money on Berwick winning today!

• Like 1

Well done Berwick especially Jorgensen and Doolan. Why did it take eight heats for Rye to wake up. As expected not much from the reserves but it took until the track work interval for us to do anything. Of course the lady in the box did her utmost to ruin the recovery attempt, 3 starts on the trot we had a five one only for a stoppage for an unsatisfactory start but can anyone explain why when a rider jumps at the start as Jorgensen did but then messes it up and his opponents are on a 5-1 the race is stopped and he is warned. surely if his opponents gain an advantage why stop it. Not sour grapes Berwick deserved a win and would have got it anyway. If Lykke is back it might give us a very small chance and who knows Bandits and the Rockets are probably the two most unpredictable teams in the league.

A great start to my nine days off work. Well done lads :cheers:

• Like 2

Just got back home went on updates thought i was still hungover who would have thought that would happened a big well done to Bandits and Rohan.Still got a job to do in the second leg.Being a Bandit fan is never dull never know whats going to happen next.Hopefully put in a good performance next week against the Smugs.

• Like 1

Just got back home went on updates thought i was still hungover who would have thought that would happened a big well done to Bandits and Rohan.Still got a job to do in the second leg.Being a Bandit fan is never dull never know whats going to happen next.Hopefully put in a good performance next week against the Smugs.

And the good guy's from the West coast are all rooting for you to bring them down a peg now that would be nice and then see you all up at Ashfield on the Sunday for a celebratory get together.

• Like 2

That was a cracking meeting, great team performance for The Bandits. I shall comment more fully tomorrow, very good meeting.

Shadders took the result quite well, I thought!

The Bandits just keep bouncing back!

Oh well perhaps Rye can go to Berwick and surprise them like they surprised us today. At least Eddie didn't come last in heat 15 and I know why because in my programme there wasn't a heat 15 as I changed it to heat 14 and a half just like I did at Ipswich last Thursday when he came first.

And the good guy's from the West coast are all rooting for you to bring them down a peg now that would be nice and then see you all up at Ashfield on the Sunday for a celebratory get together.

Seems Edinburgh have hit one or two injury problems, already without Robert Branford, they now have had Craig Cook and Sam Masters taking heavy falls. Thankfully Cook has had a hospital check up, after taking a bang to his head, and been giving the all clear. Masters went to hospital but left before being seen, he will be checked over by a local hospital for thumb or hand injuries, whether he makes Berwick remains to be seen.

Seems Edinburgh have hit one or two injury problems, already without Robert Branford, they now have had Craig Cook and Sam Masters taking heavy falls. Thankfully Cook has had a hospital check up, after taking a bang to his head, and been giving the all clear. Masters went to hospital but left before being seen, he will be checked over by a local hospital for thumb or hand injuries, whether he makes Berwick remains to be seen.

Aye it has been a pretty miserable few day's for both Scottish clubs on that front and with Dimitri calling it a day leaves us struggling a bit to find anyone to fill his boots although we can't really complain too much with your top two riders missing for a while now part & parcel i'm afraid.

Although the way Jorgensen is riding he may soon take up the No 1 race jacket.

Edited by Gazc

No home meeting for 6 weeks... One riders back from a 2 month injury lay off... Another back after 3 months out... A rider making his home debut... What did everyone expect?

No excuses, that was $hit. Beaten by a decent team I can just about take, but by that dross?

When Edberg & Hall are winning heats you know you have problems.

• Like 1

“I don’t believe it”

This was an awful Rockets performance. We seem to blow hot and cold. Kennett on Thursday was awesome at Ipswich, rubbish on Friday for Lakeside, guested at Plymouth yesterday scoring six with a last race fall. He like the whole team seems to blow hot and cold. The starting by the Bandits was far better at counting to 3 and away, Rockets seemed not to catch on to that until after the interval. The referee was poor, again allowing starts that were clearly unsatisfactory she let go but to be fair she did pull a few back that were awfully bad.

No doubt we’ll here the same old excuses. Please don’t come on and say the guys haven’t had a meeting in months! Apart from Bowen [why on earth persevere with him again] they’ve all been

riding elsewhere regularly.

With regards this Rockets team in 2015 it’s been injury jinxed yet again. I prefer my NL speedway if I’m honest, but will still go to see the Rockets. Nothing to race for this year, just pride and hopefully less injuries in 2016…………

Like Dave, I prefer the NL this year