British Speedway Forum
StevePark

Newcastle V Sheffield Pl 12 Jul 15 6.30pm

On a track set up for gate-and-go riders Newcastle came a cropper when they didn't. The problems are epitomised by Henry (who is the mirror image of Garrity) and Kerr - I thought that he couldn't be bothered unless he gates, but it seems I was wrong; in heat 15 he gated but didn't try to hold his position. I don't mind if we lose : the trophies are meaningless in this league. But I don't like it when members of the team don't appear to be bothered. Until now I hadn't thought that it would be worth changing the team, but I have changed my mind : let's give Dimitri Berge a go, if he's available and willing to come (and he is affordable). One last word about the track: the amount of track work seems far more than we had in the past - I wouldn't mind if it created a good rack surface, but it doesn't. Is the season over?

Dimitri will not be riding anywhere this season unfortunately and if he decides to make a track return next season it will only be in the stripes off Glasgow nice thought though riders are pretty thin on the ground well at least the good ones.

No team is going to win with 10 last places at home, too many riders seem to either lack track craft or are just not quick enough. Garrity is exciting to watch, however, he seems out of control quite often and appears to be an accident waiting to happen, if it does, and I don't wish ill on anyone, I hope he doesn't take someone else with him.

No team is going to win with 10 last places at home, too many riders seem to either lack track craft or are just not quick enough. Garrity is exciting to watch, however, he seems out of control quite often and appears to be an accident waiting to happen, if it does, and I don't wish ill on anyone, I hope he doesn't take someone else with him.

Garrity's erratic riding style is, I believe, an element of his success. It has to be in the minds of other riders in the race alongside him that being collateral damage to him crashing is always possible. Yes the riders are tough, fearless etc. but they also know who can be trusted to not ride in a potentially dangerous manner. I don't believe there is any actual malice in the lad, just a 'go for all' attitude which either works or does not. Has he ever had any major injury?

Edited by HadrianDog

I wasn't expecting this Result. :shock:

Nice to see 'Robbo' have a return to some sort of form though. :t::approve:

He has struggled badly this Season so far. :sad:

• Like 1

Didn't see that coming,,, some bones to be picked out of that :-(,,,

too many didn't do it tonight,,,

• Like 1

I wasn't expecting this Result. :shock:

Nice to see 'Robbo' have a return to some sort of form though. :t::approve:

He has struggled badly this Season so far. :sad:

Very much ditto to your first point, but his EL form has been there and there abouts for the most part lately. Guess his old bones took a bit of time to recover from his start of season spill. Before the death knell is sounded on our team yet again for a woeful performance, the riding kevlars of both Robbo and Garrity should be noted. We were beaten tonight by two members of the high flying Coventry Bees, who are my bet for this year's EL title.

• Like 2

Didn't see that coming,,, some bones to be picked out of that :-(,,,

too many didn't do it tonight,,,

. Four of them didn't do it tonight Where has the outside line gone coming off the top turn ? Good job James Grieves doesn't ride for us now he would be a four point average rider

Tonight was the worst home peformance of the season which is saying a lot 4 awful peformances and Kerr was inconistent only Rose and Steve get any credit. The complete opposite to the Tigers they all did their job and deserved the win.

Diamonds may not win anything but remainder season still important cant keep losing or crowds will drop even more, riders need to restore some pride if they cant should be replaced. Not sure who with mind you only assesed or NL riders available but still possibly worth a look for next season. However i expect promotion to save money and finish the season with ths team tough decision glad im not a promoter.

• Like 2

Tonight was the worst home peformance of the season which is saying a lot 4 awful peformances and Kerr was inconistent only Rose and Steve get any credit. The complete opposite to the Tigers they all did their job and deserved the win.

Diamonds may not win anything but remainder season still important cant keep losing or crowds will drop even more, riders need to restore some pride if they cant should be replaced. Not sure who with mind you only assesed or NL riders available but still possibly worth a look for next season. However i expect promotion to save money and finish the season with ths team tough decision glad im not a promoter.

Cert. can see that too, but given the loss of fans, can they afford to? If we are in a Scunny style financial position then say so. Do I want to see a winning team this year? Yes, of course, but not at the expense of us folding mid winter. And for those out there citing the 'buy for success' route, I have one word- Glasgow.

• Like 4

Robbo Garrity and Bates always looked a threat tonight and produced a lot of overtakes. If you have a solid reserve like Simon scoring 0, then a disappointing performance from Anton, then you are making it hard to get a result. Hopefully the Diamonds will bounce back at Redcar and then v Scunthorpe, I should hopefully make both matches and it surely won't be much worse than tonight...!

Edited by PaulS
  • Like 1

Robbo Garrity and Bates always looked a threat tonight and produced a lot of overtakes. If you have a solid reserve like Simon scoring 0, then a disappointing performance from Anton, then you are making it hard to get a result. Hopefully the Diamonds will bounce back at Redcar and then v Scunthorpe, I should hopefully make both matches and it surely won't be much worse than tonight...!

Working Thursday, so thank the Lord I have an excuse to miss what is highly likely {hope to be so so wrong} to be yet another away defeat. The Scunny match will of course claw another £17.50 out of my on-line wallet, but whether that continues is yet to be seen.

Apart from injuries, I can't see anyone troubling Steve Worrall for the #1 spot,,, I think Bates was a bit naughty in his first and may have unsettled Steve and a good ride from Robbo beat him in his next, but from then, rock steady,,, Lewis Rose looked like he had it in him and looked like he had speed,,, the rest, well, up and down :(,,,

Nothing less than 4pts at Redcar will do, 1 at Workington and 3 on Sunday,,, might restore some pride :)

Cert. can see that too, but given the loss of fans, can they afford to? If we are in a Scunny style financial position then say so. Do I want to see a winning team this year? Yes, of course, but not at the expense of us folding mid winter. And for those out there citing the 'buy for success' route, I have one word- Glasgow.

Again Glasgow and money. The greater percentage of money spent was on the stadium. A couple of riders were bought to become assets of the club, I take it that Newcastle only have loanees?

Again Glasgow and money. The greater percentage of money spent was on the stadium. A couple of riders were bought to become assets of the club, I take it that Newcastle only have loanees?

The amounts of money the riders at Glasgow are meant to be earning are staggering - no idea if this is rumour based on new money men taking over or has any truth in it. Maybe someone can confirm or deny it?!