British Speedway Forum
lucifer sam

Scunthorpe Scorpions Vs Ipswich Witches ( P L) - Friday, July 17th (7.30pm)

Sine die ban for Tungate.

Or is that a little bit too harsh?

No defence offered for Carl his actions were not great did get knocked off though some you win some you lose only thing I would say it was the lamest kick I've seen since Chris waddles penalty in italia 90 both never got near the intended target

• Like 1

it would have only taken 20 secs to put on a . i am sorry show for the fans and non of this would be escalating the way it is. its the way he headed back to the pits with a feck you attitude. no its not ok to knock people off ,ride dirty or whatever. tony childs had a reputation for that,.. couldnt beat the opponent in the race, so knocked him off after it. yes he once rode for Workington, didn't last long though..

So I guess you thought Hancock should of been banned then ? Also was it right that several riders And fans offered to pay his fine.

Speedway needs cleaning up as it cannot stay one rule for the special ones and another rule for others

According to witnesses, earlier this season Sam Masters took exception to something Lasse Bjerre had done during a race (neither came off) and at the end of the heat he rode into Bjerre, knoocking him off. Masters then parked his bike, ran over to where Bjerre was lying on the track and started beating him up.

Masters was fined by the referee and the meeting went on. No word of further penalties.

This sounds similar to the current case.

Move on please.

• Like 3

wee fights and stuff are part of speedway . using a bike as a weapon is not really part of the speedway game.

pederson stuffing Hancock, at least Greg didn't use his bike in the revenge attack on nicki p .

masters could start a fight in a crèche. the baby that he is.

just to remind folk that the discussion is all about tungate and auty, what happened AFTER the race.

not something that happened to another rider 2 months ago or even last year. its all about..... did tungate knock auty off deliberately ?? NOTHING ELSE. no going off on a tangent please.

• Like 1

wee fights and stuff are part of speedway . using a bike as a weapon is not really part of the speedway game.

pederson stuffing Hancock, at least Greg didn't use his bike in the revenge attack on nicki p .

masters could start a fight in a crèche. the baby that he is.

just to remind folk that the discussion is all about tungate and auty, what happened AFTER the race.

not something that happened to another rider 2 months ago or even last year. its all about..... did tungate knock auty off deliberately ?? NOTHING ELSE. no going off on a tangent please.

Hancock would of been charged with a serious offence had that happened on a street and should of been banned,also what masters did to bjerre deserved a ban.

IF a rider deliberately takes a rider off during or after the race then a panel should watch a video to decide fine or ban,it needs stamping out as does riders going down so easy.

Was auty injured ?

i think auty aggravated his old injury that kept him out for 9 weeks approx .

also if some of the dealings by promoters were did on the street, they would be in trouble by trying yo deceive the course of justice. fiddling starting averages etc... but its not on the , street is it real folks. l

was auty injured ? . na , he just lost balance WHEN A BIKE HIT HIM FROM BEHIND. all this input on this site and a question like that was asked...

Edited by jenga

You asked the question did tungate knock off auty deliberately. And the answer is no didn't. He knocked him off by accident.

• Like 1

You asked the question did tungate knock off auty deliberately. And the answer is no didn't. He knocked him off by accident.

It may be possible it was a kind of accident in that he aimed his bike at Auty deliberately and at speed and got it wrong and totally wiped him out from behind causing serious injury.

If there was malice in what Tungate did, then he will be dealt with accordingly I am sure.

There seems to be a clear intent from Scunthorpe in terms of parking the bus of blame all at the door of Ipswich from everything I read. There are two sides to every story, and IF there was any whiff of inappropriate action from promotion, then the facts will render speculation about who did this, who did that etc as useless

If there was malice in what Tungate did, then he will be dealt with accordingly I am sure.

There seems to be a clear intent from Scunthorpe in terms of parking the bus of blame all at the door of Ipswich from everything I read.

Im not sure there is any one blaming Ipswich speedway really,and i dont think that shopuld be the case,it was the rider who did it not the club

And although Tungate didnt i dont think mean to cause injury to a rider,fact is his actions did in a non race incident which i think should be punished

I dont think he should be banned as then Ipswich as a club suffer,it should be a fine to the rider and his points removed

• Like 1

Hancock at least attacked Pedersen from the front.

Cowardly Tungate did his attack from behind.

Most people knew that what Hancock did was wrong and said so and didn't deny it happened.

Most people know that what Tungate did was bang out of order but a couple are trying to say it didn't happen or that Auty caused it by slowing down and riding in Tungate's path.

you are writing such absolute drivel

you are making it sound that Tungate deliberatly went steaming into Auty when its quite obvious what happened.

Tungate was angered by the sheer stupidity of Auty yet again in the first running of the race.

Tungate makes no attempt to slow down after the race.

His intention quite clearly is to flick his back wheel at Auty to show his disgust.

What happens is that as he goes to do it Auty moves slightly left

This means that when Rohan flicks his wheel they collide sending Auty over.

Tungate immediatly holds his hand up to acknowlegdge the knocking off bit was accidental.

What Tungate done wrong is to not say this was the case when interviewed.

For those idiots among you calling for bans and lynching someone i think you live in a very sheltered world and not really have a grasp of whats going on.

Ive seen many cases of a rider flicking a back wheel to shower someone in dirt (Andy Smith to Ermolenko in 1993 world final springs to mind)

The fact Tungate got it slightly wrong means he copped a fine and quite rightly so.

Errr what's this got to do with Monarchs?

Monarchs supporters do generally accept when their riders have been out of order even when there is no video evidence.

It's about 99% of everyone posting on this thread that's watched the video that's saying Tungate is in the wrong and should be dealt with.

So let's keep this to the Tungate wiping out Auty subject please.

lol wiping him out what are you watching!! he flicked is wheel which caused Auty to fall hardly wiping someone out!!

will auty do a roy keane and bide his time ?

yes, of course he will..

Auty wont need to buy his time. he is a liability on the track knocks people off for fun and cries like a jessie when the boot is on the other foot. He will knock Tungate off at some point because he knocks most people off at some point

• Like 1