British Speedway Forum
lucifer sam

Scunthorpe Scorpions Vs Ipswich Witches ( P L) - Friday, July 17th (7.30pm)

auty was down injured for a while, tungate was up fairly quickly,auty didnt intentionally try to knock him off,maybe unaware he had actually touched?, tungtate had all the time in the world to apologise for his accidental coming together,

Edited by neck brace tony

This is all very entertaining.

Was this video evidence part of an authorised filming (ie, licensed by Go-Speed) or just a guy in the crowd with a camcorder?

As a licenced promoter, Mr Godfrey may be in far more trouble than any of the squabbling riders on either side if he really led a sit-down strike, allowing members of the public onto the track to join him.

• Like 1

One thing i find interesting about of all of this is, be it knocking Josh off on purpose or just intending to shower him in shale the Ipswich fans are happy to condone Mr Tungate's bad sportsmanship

• Like 2

And strangely enough all those who are convinced of Tungates guilt are Scunthorpe supporters. It only goes to show its a matter of opinion and of course the two sides will have different views. That's why these count for nothing.

The video is the only so called evidence and since that is from a poor angle and a long distance it also proves nothing. Certainly not clear enough to base a case on.

That leaves only the refs view. Now some claim he didn't see the incident in which case it all ends there. If he did see something, hence the fine, then this will decide the case against Tungate.

I fully expect it to go no further due to the lack of clear impartial evidence.

What I do expect is a large fine and possible other penalties against the Scunthorpe promotion club officials for refusing to allow the meeting to continue and failing to control the crowd and allowing them onto the race track during a meeting.

There is also the potential that other Scunthorpe club officials could be fined and sanctioned if the refs report includes mention that they tried to influence his decision as was clearly outlined on this forum.

All The Best

TSO

Sorry but you opening statement is not true there are numerous amounts of posters who have posted on this thread who feel that Tungate was definitely in the wrong who are not Scunthorpe fans.

For me the camera angle of the video footage is not that great and you cannot clearly see if Tungate has gone with the intention to have Josh Auty off.

I believe that what happened was that Tungate who was angry with Josh has gone with the intentions of spraying him with shale with the speed of the bike and caught Josh and had him off.

Whether or not Tungate should have been thrown out of the meeting is open for debate, I suppose it is question of intent, did Tungate go with the intent of injuring Josh.

On personal level I don't think he did, but I can see why people see it that way, but I do believe that Tungate although was not intent of hurting Josh but he is responsible for Josh falling and hurting himself.

What do find annoying ids the Ipswich trying to deflect the blame on to Josh, which I frankly find disgusting, anyone even with a limited amount of speedway knowledge knows that is not true.

You just said maybe it was meant to be a shale shower, so if that was the case and he knocked him off, then surely he knocked him off by accident. That's to jenga post by the way

to which he should have gone to see how josh was after his accidental shale shower that went wrong. tough guys lording it in the pits , while josh is on the floor in pain. i am not an auty lover/follower, but speedway is dangerous enough without t pots like him on the track.. some say he had it coming, but not from the back on the warm down lap..

i am sure josh will take a leaf out of roy keans book and bide his time . rest easy mr yungate , if you can.

Edited by jenga

And strangely enough all those who are convinced of Tungates guilt are Scunthorpe supporters. It only goes to show its a matter of opinion and of course the two sides will have different views. That's why these count for nothing.

The video is the only so called evidence and since that is from a poor angle and a long distance it also proves nothing. Certainly not clear enough to base a case on.

That leaves only the refs view. Now some claim he didn't see the incident in which case it all ends there. If he did see something, hence the fine, then this will decide the case against Tungate.

What I do expect is a large fine and possible other penalties against the Scunthorpe promotion club officials for refusing to allow the meeting to continue and failing to control the crowd and allowing them onto the race track during a meeting.

There is also the potential that other Scunthorpe club officials could be fined and sanctioned if the refs report includes mention that they tried to influence his decision as was clearly outlined on this forum.

All The Best

TSO

Sorry but you opening statement is not true there are numerous amounts of posters who have posted on this thread who feel that Tungate was definitely in the wrong who are not Scunthorpe fans.

For me the camera angle of the video footage is not that great and you cannot clearly see if Tungate has gone with the intention to have Josh Auty off.

I believe that what happened was that Tungate who was angry with Josh has gone with the intentions of spraying him with shale with the speed of the bike and caught Josh and had him off.

Whether or not Tungate should have been thrown out of the meeting is open for debate, I suppose it is question of intent, did Tungate go with the intent of injuring Josh.

On personal level I don't think he did, but I can see why people see it that way, but I do believe that Tungate although was not intent of hurting Josh but he is responsible for Josh falling and hurting himself.

What do find annoying ids the Ipswich trying to deflect the blame on to Josh, which I frankly find disgusting, anyone even with a limited amount of speedway knowledge knows that is not true.

Ipswich? Was just Tungate himself blaming Auty wasn't it?

Was this video evidence part of an authorised filming (ie, licensed by Go-Speed) or just a guy in the crowd with a camcorder?

As a licenced promoter, Mr Godfrey may be in far more trouble than any of the squabbling riders on either side if he really led a sit-down strike, allowing members of the public onto the track to join him.

you are moving away from the incident involving 2 riders. its not about protests, what the ref seen.. etc.. its about terrible behaviour by a certain rider.

• Like 3

So you are now condoning revenge by saying you hope josh takes a leaf out of Roys book. You can't have it both ways. Or is it okay for revenge as long as it's in a race? Or after a race as long as you then turn back and see how your opponent is.

it would have only taken 20 secs to put on a . i am sorry show for the fans and non of this would be escalating the way it is. its the way he headed back to the pits with a feck you attitude. no its not ok to knock people off ,ride dirty or whatever. tony childs had a reputation for that,.. couldnt beat the opponent in the race, so knocked him off after it. yes he once rode for Workington, didn't last long though..

There's no doubt Tungate caused Auty to fall. I'm pretty sure he meant to show him his back wheel. I can't believe he meant Auty to fall though.

Only a mad man would deliberately use his bike to injure another rider

Edited by Shads

really ?

What a biazarre post.

You 'feel' Tungate was 'definitely' in the wrong.

The evidence is 'not that great' and you 'can't clearly see'.

So your guessing right?

Frankly not really the stuff cases are based on is it. Do you expect the BSPA/SCB to just guess?

yes, they normally do, guess i guess.

• Like 1

Er, so you're calling Jenga (Workington), Spin King (Sheffield), the Scotsman (Edinburgh, I think) etc, etc, Scunthorpe fans??

And the video evidence is absolutely fine - anyone with eyes can see Tungate speed up and his flick of his back wheel, that causes Auty to come crashing down. In fact, the video evidence is remarkably good, given it was taken from crowd level. Hats off to the cameraman.

What Tungate meant to do is open for debate. But there was always a chance that by doing what he did (grabbing the throttle, aiming his bike towards Josh, and flicking out the back wheel), he would wipe out Auty and that's what he did. Actions have consequences.

And I believe the only person reported to the SCB was Tungate (others riders were fined, but not reported), so you're barking down the wrong tree with your other comments as well.

All the best

Rob

Edited by lucifer sam
  • Like 3

Don't think this one will end until they make a decision, which will obviously be "no case to answer due to lack of concrete evidence". Hopefully they wont be too hard on Godfrey, he is entertaining in his sweet little way, but can be a "tad" one sided in his views, but anyone who was there could never condone what Wilkinson did, no need for video evidence on that one, throw the book at the thug I say, or would the Scunny fans like to defend the maniac who waited on the track just to try and boot Stefan off his bike?