British Speedway Forum
Hawk127

Ice Speedway Fixtures 2015 - 2016

So, quite warm for the time of year then! :rofl:

Extremely warm for being Moscow in early February. However, practice went okay and we can expect a terrific meeting tomorrow...

12688121_1133976253282338_75345769133966

Are there any livestreams from Krasnogorsk?

Come on you Swedes.

• Like 1

Results are elsewhere already so not bothering with them. Track at Teuva was a frozen pond in the middle of a retired peat swamp. The open area was about 1200m*1200m meters big and the weather was not kind. No storm thank god but snowing and blowing all the time until it was raining just when the final was on. The location was ok, in the middle of nowhere but the meeting was ridden, best rider won and about 475 people saw it.

Was told some swedes had complaints about the ice and maintenance, but Järf just said it was typical lake track when we spoke after the meeting.

Haarahiltunen (finnish father) and Olsen stood out from the Swedes, Flodin drifted wide in his opener and fell hurting his finger and was sent to hospital.

• Like 2

ASTANA EXPO 2017 FIM ICE SPEEDWAY GLADIATORS WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP

FINAL 1, Krasnagorsk, Russia, Saturday 6th & Sunday 7th February 2017

SATURDAY: (Russia unless stated)

Nikolai Krasnikov 18 (13+2+3),

Dmitri Koltakov 18 (13+3+2),

Dmitri Khomitsevich 14 (12+2+f),

Egor Myshkovets 18 (15+3+D),

Danil Ivanov 12 (11+1),

Igor Kononov 12 (11+1),

Ove Ledstrom (Sweden) 8 (8+0).

Franz Zorn (Austria) 8 (8+0),

Manfred Seifter (Austria) 7,

Gunther Bauer (Germany) 6,

Niclas Kallin Svensson (Sweden) 4,

Stefan Svensson (Sweden) 4,

Jan Klatovsky (Czech Rep) 3,

Stefan Pletschacher (Germany) 2,

Daniel Henderson (Sweden) 2,

Sergei Makharov 1,

Antti Aakko (Finland) 0,

Roman Kholodov 0

Semi Final 1: Myshkovets, Khomitsevich, Kononov, Ledstrom

Semi Final 2: Koltakov, Krasnikov, Khomitsevch, Zorn

Final: Krasnikov, Koltakov, Khomitsevich (f), Myshkovets (d)

FINAL 1, Krasnagorsk, Russia, Saturday 6th & Sunday 7th February 2017

RESULTS:

SUNDAY:

Khomitsevich 16 (11+2+3),

Koltakov 19 (14+3+2),

Krasnikov 15 (11+3+1),

Kononov 16 (14+2+0),

Myshkovets 13 (12+1),

Ivanov 13 (12+1),

Zorn 8 (8+0),

Ledstron 8 (8+0),

S. Svensson 6,

Seifter 6,

Henderson 4,

Klatovsky 4,

Aakko 3,

Bauer 2,

N.K. Svensson 2,

Pletschacher 2

Semi Final 1: Koltakov, Khomitsevich, Ivanov, Zorn

Semi Final 2: Krasnikov, Kononov, Myshkovets, Ledstrom

Final: Khomitsevich, Koltakov, Krasnikov, Kononov

STANDINGS: (After 2 Rounds - * indicates Wild Card)

Koltakov 37,

Krasnikov 33*,

Myshkovets 31,

Khomitsevich 30,

Kononov 28,

Ivanov 25,

Ledstrom 16,

Zorn 16,

Seifter 13,

S. Svensson 10,

Bauer 8,

Klatovsky 7,

N.K. Svensson 6,

Henderson 6,

Pletschacher 4,

Aakko 3

Compiled from the FIM ISG App

Rather poor from the western European riders and really apart from the Russians beating each other there were very few surprises.You could almost guess the outcome of most heats before they were run.Franky beating Nikolai being one of the few surprises.......at least Ledström and whatshisname from Austria have come through to beat the likes of Günther grumpyface Bauer

Indeed, but what is to be expected. None of the non-Russian riders could be considered to be full-time professional riders unlike their Russian counterparts. Equally, they don't have access to the same training/practice facilities; even more so with the succession of mild winters.

Unfortunately, I can't see any further than the sport continuing to decline at international level. There are a handful of riders coming through, such as Ledstrom and Seifter but I simply can't see them progressing to the next level to challenge the Russians. The reality of the 'Ice Gladiators' series is that it is a World Championship in name only, as the Russian Championship is of a higher standard, which very few of the Western riders would realistically quality for.

• Like 1

Indeed, but what is to be expected. None of the non-Russian riders could be considered to be full-time professional riders unlike their Russian counterparts. Equally, they don't have access to the same training/practice facilities; even more so with the succession of mild winters.

Unfortunately, I can't see any further than the sport continuing to decline at international level. There are a handful of riders coming through, such as Ledstrom and Seifter but I simply can't see them progressing to the next level to challenge the Russians. The reality of the 'Ice Gladiators' series is that it is a World Championship in name only, as the Russian Championship is of a higher standard, which very few of the Western riders would realistically quality for.

Can't disagree with any of that.Fact is that in the past we did have one or two who could compete with and challenge the Russians.Now the gap is too big and like you say the sport is shrinking.....even it seems in its stronghold of Russia.Pity,as it is a great sport at its best,but now looks very much on the decline and the lack of challenge to the Russians only speeds that up

• Like 1

None of the Russians in ice speedway racing is a professional rider, that is simply not possible to make a living from the very few meetings and the poor earnings offered in this sport. They are all Amateur riders, just like ther Westerners, but of course, the Russians have a better set-up at their clubs (who pay for, own and maintain the bikes), and much more opportunities to practise.

Can't disagree with any of that.Fact is that in the past we did have one or two who could compete with and challenge the Russians.Now the gap is too big and like you say the sport is shrinking.....even it seems in its stronghold of Russia.Pity,as it is a great sport at its best,but now looks very much on the decline and the lack of challenge to the Russians only speeds that up

I would definitely agree. There were always one or two, but I cannot see the likes of Ledstrom having the same impact as either Serenius or Svensson in their heyday, or even Hirvasoja. The number of non-Swedes riding in the Swedish League is symptomatic of the problem.

The likes of Harold Simon managed to rise to some level by going to Russia to ride, but you can hardly see the Russians allowing their pre-eminence to be challenged by allowing significant numbers of non-Russians to ride in their league.

However, I wonder how much the lack of an international dimension to the sport is slowly killing the sport in Russia, even before polarising groups like the 'Night Wolves' got involved?

I did just see something about there being no interest from tv in showing the series.I would think that the total lack of a challenge to the Russians makes it uninteresting to any tv companies.And I do have some worries with the Night Wolves getting involved in the sport,even though my friend in Ufa tells me they are good people.I just can't believe Russians as a people feel comfortable going to a sporting event and being spoon fed war propaganda.I know I would feell very uncomfortable alone,let alone if I took my kids along

I guess that there may well be 'good' people involved in the 'Night Wolves' in Ufa, as I wouldn't wish to tarnish everyone in a group with the same brush. Some may even have good intentions regarding the development of the Ufa club. Unfortunately, it runs contrary to their wider image in the west and presumably in Russia too. The image of Krasnikov in his 'Night Wolves' jacket on the Winners Podium on Saturday was dubious at best. Some would even accuse him of bringing the sport into disrepute by wearing an overtly political symbol.

I know that the 'Night Wolves' are an illegal organisation in Finland and I can't image that Finland is the only country where they enjoy such status...

They wanted to do a commemoration tour through Europe to Berlin last year to mark the anniversary of the end of WW2 and had trouble I think in Poland and were stopped from entering Germany.Some turned back at the airport if I remember rightly.Obviously now Poland isn't really on the ice speedway map,but I guess there could be trouble if Myshkovets wants to parade around with a flag or race jacket in Berlin or Inzell

Any live coverage from Togliatti?

There is a link on the Russian Forum for a webcam but if you click on it, you get a message saying the cam is restricted to Russia.