British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
mdmc82

Lakeside V Coventry

I would laugh if Coventry find themselves in Poole position of winning going into 10 and wanted it to carry on while Lakeside want it off. Would show everyone up.

Your forgetting Davey Watt likes riding in the rain!

Your forgetting Davey Watt likes riding in the rain!

We all know it's got bugger all to do with who likes riding in the rain and who doesn't :D

We all know it's got bugger all to do with who likes riding in the rain and who doesn't :D

I doubt it will rain tonight so you won't have that to worry about.

I doubt it will rain tonight so you won't have that to worry about.

Worry? I'd laugh. And it might be just what is needed to show it up as a joke. The issue is NOT getting to heat 10, the issue is ONLY getting to heat 10 when the losing team needs the other 5 heats to try and win.

Worry? I'd laugh. And it might be just what is needed to show it up as a joke. The issue is NOT getting to heat 10, the issue is ONLY getting to heat 10 when the losing team needs the other 5 heats to try and win.

There has to a cut off though or you just get endless postponements and means the public still get short changed as they wouldn't refund for the original 10 heat meeting would they.

There has to a cut off though or you just get endless postponements and means the public still get short changed as they wouldn't refund for the original 10 heat meeting would they.

So you only allow the losing team to request a track inspection. You know, like at all meetings that take place that are not on Sky!

Starman2006, on 26 Jul 2015 - 7:44 PM, said:

Come on Lakeside, you can do this.. :t:

Do you think if The Pirates or Bees finish top of the table the powers at Sky will allow them to pick each other in the Semi Finals ?

Do you think if The Pirates or Bees finish top of the table the powers at Sky will allow them to pick each other in the Semi Finals ?

Team that finishes top get the choice. Nothing to do with Sky.

Coventry and Poole wouldn't pick each other as they know a Coventry/Poole final brings in a crowd. The only way I could ever see either club not wanting that is if Coventry could have a final against Wolves.

Coventry and Poole wouldn't pick each other as they know a Coventry/Poole final brings in a crowd. The only way I could ever see either club not wanting that is if Coventry could have a final against Wolves.

The advantage is that you can have the second leg at home.

5pm WEATHER UPDATE:

No problems with the weather - a reminder that gates open at 6pm, racing starts at 7.30 and adult admission =

• Like 1

The advantage is that you can have the second leg at home.

But if you have finished top to be able to pick the team in 2nd, you can have the 2nd leg at home anyway.

It's great finishing top but at the end of the day you still have to race two of the teams out of the three in the play offs anyway to win the league.

Edited by mdmc82

Prediction Time:

Lakeside at home are far stronger than their record shows. Apart from month blip, early in the season, have performed a lot better of late, so not the foregone conclusion some are suggesting. Should be a close match and expect the Bees to push them close. Could be good television...... AJ is the obvious trump card, but Lawson and Kennett go well on the tight track. The result to hinge on heats 13 and 15 where AJ will probably rule.

Tight home win, with Bees getting a consultation point..... :t:

GRW123, on 27 Jul 2015 - 6:46 PM, said:

Prediction Time:

Lakeside at home are far stronger than their record shows. Apart from month blip, early in the season, have performed a lot better of late, so not the foregone conclusion some are suggesting. Should be a close match and expect the Bees to push them close. Could be good television...... AJ is the obvious trump card, but Lawson and Kennett go well on the tight track. The result to hinge on heats 13 and 15 where AJ will probably rule.

Tight home win, with Bees getting a consultation point..... :t:

48 42 .. Seems about right ..