British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
em1500uk

King's Lynn V Leicester (29.07.15)

Very true, and its great to have an extra meeting to go too :)

As a matter of interest, what happens to season ticket holders when there is an extra meeting due to rain cancellation ? Do they get an extra meeting "free" in contrast to the pay at the gaters, or do they have to pay something ?

As a matter of interest, what happens to season ticket holders when there is an extra meeting due to rain cancellation ? Do they get an extra meeting "free" in contrast to the pay at the gaters, or do they have to pay something ?

Extra meeting as far as I am aware.

Certainly was when I had a season ticket!

Bargain!

If racing had started at 7.30, we would have been to ht 13.

Why was there a parade? Why was the track watered after the parade?

The black clouds were looming, surely getting race started should have been a priority.

• Like 3

Let me first explain, I detest the 10 ht rule and feel its just a rip-off, invented to be exploited whenever possible.. It is my belief a meetings can be called off at any time if the situation becomes necessary, and award Points and Refunds on a percentage basis of the meeting done. ie. 'Meeting called a halt after ht 7 then Half points are awarded to the winning team and the punter gets half his money Refunded'. But that is not the way its done, and meetings will be rushed through to get to that cut-off point.

What happened last night was not about VFM, it was not about right or wrong, it was not even about the inconsistency of the decision makers. To me it was one person making a decision with scant regard for anything, least of all the sport.. He had no thought for the 2000 fans, He made no allowance for the problem of reorganising a rerun of the fixture. The problems his decision has created is ridiculous. caused by his lack of responsibility to the people that employ him.

Only one man complained about the track condition at that time. Had Mr Dave Robinson ( Ref) been as efficient as some then the meeting would have be concluded. We are talking about an extra 1 min of racing, for this meeting to have reached an amicable end. Yet Mr Robinson decided to go walkabouts, so he could talk with the rider concerned. The amount of time wasted talking to the riders, inspecting the track we could have run another 3 or 4 races.....

No this was a wicked example of how a meeting should not run, Inevitable heavy Rain forecast, Late meeting start, Pointless riders parade, Slow procedure of heats , No urgency shown through-out. Lack of competition, No appreciation shown to the fans....

No one who was at that meeting would support the Ref on the way he did his job, It wasn't the fact the meeting was called off, but how he ignored the three riders on the track just because one rider refuse to ride. When time was of the essence, he wasted precious time leaving his post. In the end with the rain falling the decision was inevitable.......

All completely irrelevant.

Just Kings Lynn fans whinging because they didn't get the win.

The time was 7 seconds slower in the previous heat and that was the winner, thats not speedway.

It's quite clear that you just wanted 1 more race and then it to be called off, EVERYTHING that is wrong and has been wrong with the sport.

The updater told us one of your riders was totally uninterested in Heat 9, I guess that is value for money.

Would Kings Lynn still have wanted to continue after Heat 10? Damn right they wouldn't.

As I have said previously, the scoreline at the time is irrelevant... if the track has severely detiorated the meeting should be halted.

Edited by BWitcher

They still get in to the rerun free

If racing had started at 7.30, we would have been to ht 13.

Why was there a parade? Why was the track watered after the parade?

The black clouds were looming, surely getting race started should have been a priority.

None of which is the fault of the referee. It seems Kings Lynn's fans are venting their anger in the wrong direction.

• Like 1

It should have been stopped at 9 so 2 hts shorts. Watching Kerr who rides that track well skaring around at the back is not speedway

• Like 1

Is it any wonder that fans ( like me) wont go anywhere near a Speedway meeting if there has been rain or any threat of rain. £17 is a lot of money to many people, and people want entertaining for that. If I go to the Cinema and the film breaks down ( remember those days) you would get a free re-admission ticket at the very least. If you go to a concert and the act puts in a no show, you get ya money back etc etc. Yet Speedway can trade on ( so it seems) with the idea that they can take your £17 and not then provide the full entertainment on offer.

• Like 1

Is it any wonder that fans ( like me) wont go anywhere near a Speedway meeting if there has been rain or any threat of rain. £17 is a lot of money to many people, and people want entertaining for that. If I go to the Cinema and the film breaks down ( remember those days) you would get a free re-admission ticket at the very least. If you go to a concert and the act puts in a no show, you get ya money back etc etc. Yet Speedway can trade on ( so it seems) with the idea that they can take your £17 and not then provide the full entertainment on offer.

Why do people think speedway is in some little bubble in this respect? Cinemas and the theatre are hardly fair comparisons.

Try cricket, tennis and even golf given events at the recent British Open.

• Like 1

It can happen in any outside sport that play can be stopped by the rain ...when I go to these sports I understand this when I buy my ticket . Yet again the choice is up to you as no one forces you . I loved the likes of you run a speedway club ...run a meeting paid all the riders plus bills rent etc then give all the fans there money back .

Why do people think speedway is in some little bubble in this respect? Cinemas and the theatre are hardly fair comparisons.

Try cricket, tennis and even golf given events at the recent British Open.

Agreed . Cricket is even worse. You take a day off work with no threat of rain then after an hours play they go off for bad light for a couple of hours., even though to the average spectator the light seems to be ok.

Maybe Speedway should apply for Charity status then Orion. Let people just turn up, sod it if it rainning just hand over the money and go home. On a weekly basis I have X amount to spend on entertainment. Speedway is competing for part of that X. So If its been rainning or forecast is rain why oh why would I want to waste fuel and an entry fee on the chance that racing amy take place ?

None of which is the fault of the referee. It seems Kings Lynn's fans are venting their anger in the wrong direction.

It's once again promotion seemingly oblivious tot he fans and whats going on. Rather than starting dead on 7.30 and cracking on at a brisk but reasonable pace then they could have got 15 heats in. But no, they had to eek it out, probably looking for a rain off (saves the promoter money if he doesn't have to pay for 15 heats) while taking as long as possible to get money in the bar etc.

Maybe Speedway should apply for Charity status then Orion. Let people just turn up, sod it if it rainning just hand over the money and go home. On a weekly basis I have X amount to spend on entertainment. Speedway is competing for part of that X. So If its been rainning or forecast is rain why oh why would I want to waste fuel and an entry fee on the chance that racing amy take place ?

? I as already said you have to make a choice yourself when going to any outside sport that can be affected by the rain .no one forces anyone to go it's your own choice just like most things in life .

• Like 1

It's once again promotion seemingly oblivious tot he fans and whats going on. Rather than starting dead on 7.30 and cracking on at a brisk but reasonable pace then they could have got 15 heats in. But no, they had to eek it out, probably looking for a rain off (saves the promoter money if he doesn't have to pay for 15 heats) while taking as long as possible to get money in the bar etc.

Spot on.

I am often critical of Wolves promotion, but in both meetings I've attended there in the last two weeks there has been a threat of rain and the meeting has been raced through, importantly with NO interval.