British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
em1500uk

King's Lynn V Leicester (29.07.15)

For someone who wasn't even there you seem to know quite a bit, and as usual very opinionated .

You mentioned above, that the updater detailed Lewis Kerr being uninterested in heat 9 and the time was slower, such a shame they didn't mention that Nicklas Porsing missed the gate and raced from 4th to second and showed the track was racable. Just because Kerr didn't fancy it, it is wrong to make judgement on that fact alone. Of cause the time was slower, but I remember back in '77 that Ivan Mauger won a world final in far worst conditions than last night.....

If you weren't so quick in judging people, you would realise it wouldn't bother me if we won lose or draw. To me that's not important. I understand the logic and the implications needed to refund the punters and to arrange another date when everyone is available to ride. and that's not easy, and something that was totally unnecessary. All I said was had the referee understood the implications of his decision, that another 1 min of racing, would have reached an amicable conclusion, when the result stood, no replay would be needed and the promoter would have no refunds to pay........

Surely even you can understand that.........In a world where Promoters are feeling the pinch and falling by the wayside, the last thing we want is to witness another abortion of what happens last night.....

That will be the same promoters who are stopping Leicester from rescuing a morsel from their season by signing Wilko

you'll wear your rtose tinteds out at this rate Tina , come on fess up you know as well as anyone else Doyle caused to the delays to get the meeting called off because Leicester were getting their arses kicked . I fell sorry for the lions fans meself , because they have to travel again and pay again for the the same result they could have last night ,,

Got a new pair :-)

Edited by TMW

That will be the same promoters who are stopping Leicester from rescuing a morsel from their season by signing Wilko

Please excuse me!! But what is the reasons given for not allowing Wilko to signs for the Lions??

I was there. Porsing had been missing the gate and out of control all meeting. So that's no great example. Kerr is not a rider who tends to 'not fancy it' ........

Ref needs to consider the implications for the promoter ?

I thought that was the best I'd seen Porsing ride. he was manic and brilliant, provided most to the entertainment last night.

I think you are confusing his flamboyant style as being out of control, but he's made a great improvement of late......

• Like 1

Apparently he is ony avaiabe to guest. In other words if any other team needs him to guest he would no longer be available. Apparently he can ony guest 1 more time the max is 4

It 4 guest bookings per team. And it makes sense or Carl, a rider only allowed to guest and not ride full time could become in effect a full time Lion.

As from Saturday Leicester can use anyone but Newman as a guest anyway, that includes Garrity.

It 4 guest bookings per team. And it makes sense or Carl, a rider only allowed to guest and not ride full time could become in effect a full time Lion.

As from Saturday Leicester can use anyone but Newman as a guest anyway, that includes Garrity.

I thought it was 6 buy Fair enough Edited by TMW

For someone who wasn't even there you seem to know quite a bit, and as usual very opinionated .

You mentioned above, that the updater detailed Lewis Kerr being uninterested in heat 9 and the time was slower, such a shame they didn't mention that Nicklas Porsing missed the gate and raced from 4th to second and showed the track was racable. Just because Kerr didn't fancy it, it is wrong to make judgement on that fact alone. Of cause the time was slower, but I remember back in '77 that Ivan Mauger won a world final in far worst conditions than last night.....

If you weren't so quick in judging people, you would realise it wouldn't bother me if we won lose or draw. To me that's not important. I understand the logic and the implications needed to refund the punters and to arrange another date when everyone is available to ride. and that's not easy, and something that was totally unnecessary. All I said was had the referee understood the implications of his decision, that another 1 min of racing, would have reached an amicable conclusion, when the result stood, no replay would be needed and the promoter would have no refunds to pay........

Surely even you can understand that.........In a world where Promoters are feeling the pinch and falling by the wayside, the last thing we want is to witness another abortion of what happens last night.....

Why only 1 minute, you're preaching meetings have been run in 'far worse', so why only 1 more minute? There's 15 heats in a meeting. The biggest problem is this 'get to heat 10' mentality and you are showing it in abundance.

Don't give me all that crap about not caring about who was winning either, as if Leicester were ahead you would be singing from an entirely different hymn sheet.

• Like 1

Thanks Orion for telling what I can or cannot do with my money. I will certainly give it plenty of thought the next time its rainning. The first question i will ask myself will be.. 'what would Orion do in this situation ?'

No one told you had to do anything ...as was explained when comes to watching outdoor sport that can affected by the weather then you have a freedom of choice to go or not to go . the choice is all yours .

Edited by orion

Why only 1 minute, you're preaching meetings have been run in 'far worse', so why only 1 more minute? There's 15 heats in a meeting. The biggest problem is this 'get to heat 10' mentality and you are showing it in abundance.

Don't give me all that crap about not caring about who was winning either, as if Leicester were ahead you would be singing from an entirely different hymn sheet.

I have often wondered what sort of world you live in. You always come across as someone, forceful, very opinionated and can never see other peoples views. You argue all discussions as though they are a battle and believe you always win. Thank the world I am not like you. I don't judge people, and unlike you, I don't impose my views on others.

Contrary to what you say, I travel near and far to watch speedway, because I enjoy watching the action and excitement, Not like you, who posted that last week was your first meeting this year. I go to these meetings to watch whoever, If as you say 'it is crap,' I would only go to meeting where Lynn would win, and I can assure you that is not the case. I have even travelled to see Leicester ride against Coventry this year, so please don't judge me as you have done.

I too have voiced my dislike to the ht10 rule many times, and have call it many things. But it exists and the BSPA rule meetings with this effect. 5 or 6 meetings this year have been decided this way, so whether I agree with it or not that's the way it is. I understand the implication of these decisions, but apparently you don't. I will say again, had the Referee delayed his decision 1min to run Heat 10, the meeting would have been done and dusted. No not ideal, but at least it wouldn't be an issue trying to set dates for the rerunning of the fixture.

You said in a previous post the score was irrelevant as to the safety of the track, I agree with that comment, but it was relevant to the situation the other night. Had Leicester been close enough to have gained a point or so, then Doyle would have been first to the tapes, knowing the chances of finishing the meeting was nil. so yes the scores were relevant in that instance.

So rather then stand there preaching about right and wrong of other people, I suggest to get down from your soap box and see the world for what it is.....

You'll see they're are some really nice people out there,......... all with different views....... :t:

• Like 2

The race to heat ten.

That is what speedway has become when rain threatens.

Let's press on as fast as we can and get to heat ten is the mantra from promoters. It is all about getting a result.

On the one hand it saves the costs of re-staging and the diffculties of finding a date (in an eight-team league but that's another story) but on the other it short changes the fans.

We had nine races and I read on here it will give me a £1 discount for another meeting, although I heard no announcement at the stadium about this.

I would support "calling a meeting" after heat ten IF fans were given a discount on a later meeting to take account of the uncompleted races. After all, the promoters do not have to pay the riders full whack.

• Like 1

I would support "calling a meeting" after heat ten IF fans were given a discount on a later meeting to take account of the uncompleted races. After all, the promoters do not have to pay the riders full whack.

Unfortunately some riders are on contract per meeting and not on points or start costs........

Nowadays the riders hold all the aces........

• Like 1

The race to heat ten.

That is what speedway has become when rain threatens.

Let's press on as fast as we can and get to heat ten is the mantra from promoters.

Poland declare a result well before heat 10 whilst in Sweden it after heat 8!

The rule is a sensible one given the nature of the weather in recent years.

I don't see the Poles and Swedes moaning about abandoned meetings.

But then they probably moan less than your average UK Speedway fan! :wink:

Poland declare a result well before heat 10 whilst in Sweden it after heat 8!

The rule is a sensible one given the nature of the weather in recent years.

I don't see the Poles and Swedes moaning about abandoned meetings.

But then they probably moan less than your average UK Speedway fan! :wink:

Agree. But the big difference is the difficulty of rider availability in rearranging postponed/abandoned fixtures in the EL. Poland and Sweden just rearrange whenever and on whatever day they wish!

Edited by Skidder1

It appears that way, there's always people to moan whatever the decision.

Some moan when the Sun's out, some moan when its in, Some like it to rain others will moan whatever the reason......

That's the way it is in this country......... Shame though....... :t:

• Like 1

....GRW23.....I have often wondered what sort of world you live in. You always come across as someone, forceful, very opinionated and can never see other peoples views. You argue all discussions as though they are a battle and believe you always win. Thank the world I am not like you. I don't judge people, and unlike you, I don't impose my views on others.

Probably a reincarnation of Subedei/Lady Luck.