British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Baldyman

Ipswich V Scunthorpe 30- 7- 15

after the race??

it was back straight off bend 2. Thats after the end of the 'race' in many soeedway heats. wink
  • Like 1

It's not very often I want our riders to miss the gate, but when nico races I do. Total entertainer

• Like 1

It's not very often I want our riders to miss the gate, but when nico races I do. Total entertainer

shame he didn't do it in heat 15

Not a bad Evening's racing. Babs only had one decision to make, but got it wrong. After a wet Afternoon it was nice to see a fair crowd again, I was expecting a lot less considering the weak opposition.

Take nico out and I thought the racing was dire. Having said that, it couldn't really be helped with track conditions and opposition. Hopefully next week will be a lot better.

Take nico out and I thought the racing was dire. Having said that, it couldn't really be helped with track conditions and opposition. Hopefully next week will be a lot better.

Most likely

Oh well, decided not to chance it, Ipswich is a three-hour journey from here and a long way if it's raining.

Good luck to the Scorps. We're the outsiders tonight, but I'd love it if the above somewhat smug words of Baldyman ended up rammed down his throat. ;):cheers:

All the best

Rob

All The Best thinks somebody is smug.......blimey ☕️ Edited by TheSpecialOne

Not a bad Evening's racing. Babs only had one decision to make, but got it wrong. After a wet Afternoon it was nice to see a fair crowd again, I was expecting a lot less considering the weak opposition.

According to some Scunthorpe fans Babs got the decision right, as it was Alex's fault that he got knocked off just like it was when Auty knocked Tungate off, and some said Rohan was at fault for getting knocked off and being the primary cause of the stoppage. ;)

• Like 1

It appeared to go unnoticed, but we did have a No.8 for the evening. The Scunny management team insisted on it! Just how petty was that! What would they have done it we hadn't found one........sat on the startline in protest?

Well that made a welcome change 3 home points for the win , the saying goes you can only beat what's in front of you and thats true from last night . Scunthorpe didn't really put much of a fight up last night racing was not at its best could have been down to the track was a little tricky in places and last night's heat times did seem to reflect that being a good 1-1.5 seconds slower on average than we have seen a Foxhall this season .

Nike Lunna , young lad 18 i think some great hair and won heat 2 very nicely . Looks like you may have a star in the making there if he progresses good find that one from the Scunthorpe team .

Was good to see Gino (9+4) and Cameron(11) having good nights , was prob Camerons best showing at Foxhall for a long time .

Danny(17+1) and Nico(15+1) were miles better than anyone last night . Danny paid max without to much effort only really had to work once when he missed the gate. Nico one slight mistake in heat 15 which cost him a paid max otherwise his normally all effort round the outside show . Heat 7 was the Nico show after missing the start and popping out last he kept it wound on with two outside passes to win the race .

Ashley(2+1) looked a little under power last night never really got going and don't think he made the gate once last night which has been his main asset since arriving .

Stefan(5+1) nothing spectacular just steady points .

R/R for Tungate last night , Rohan not really missed

A welcome home win and much need 3 points with harder home matches i'm sure to come ,

Edited by Pob

Does anybody know what the slight delay to heat 4 was all about?

was a bit bizarre - I havent heard any explanation. Would be interested too if anyone knows the reason.

Does anybody know what the slight delay to heat 4 was all about?

We thought they were waiting for Wilko to take his helmet off (just to make sure it was really him), after his excellent showing in heat 3. Nobody has ever seen him look so smooth around Foxhall.

• Like 2