British Speedway Forum
mdmc82

Leicester V Lakeside Sat 1st August

Presumably Leicester lodged their official protest - with fee - before the meeting began and then rode 'under protest', rather than wait until they lost?!

Does it not matter as Lakeside still win by 2 points if you take Harris's points away!

• Like 1

Let's get this into some perspective.

At the end of the day, it was a speedway meeting between two cr@p teams, with our only real battle the avoidance of the wooden spoon. As there's no relegation process, the league points themself were quite immaterial otherwise.

The fact is we were bolstered via guests. Without guests, and looking at our away record to date, we'd have probably got totally stuffed.

If Norrie Allen felt that he had a reasonable case for complaint, then why not, as mentioned, put his money where his (quite big) mouth is, and raise a protest at the outset? All he appears to want to do is apportion blame towards all other departments, rather than accept his, and his team's, shortcomings.

And I have little sypmathy for this bloke - he was pretty silent in 2014 (for once!) at the Beaumont Park debacle when Ben Morley was incorrectly excluded; and Adam Ellis removed (incorrectly) from the meeting.

The bottom line is this meeting should have been re-arranged anyway. With 7 guests amongst 14 riders, is was nothing other than an utter farce. However, maybe he didn't think we'd get such strong guests, and it would be a 'banker home win'?

However, it went ahead. If people that went saw a reasonable meeting, then in all honesty, what does it really matter?

Edited by The Voice Of Reason
  • Like 4

I'm not sure how welcome Hal would have been as a Lion. Lions fans have long memories.

Sure have , they can remember when Mullets were fashionable along with throwback war cries and thing it was this week , some of them might even remember when Leicester had a team worthy of being in the top division , Maybe if they could put their long memories aside for a while and stop using them as excuses , they could move onto the 21st century with eyes wide open and see things from a realistic point of view , don't hold your breath though ... Give us an ................. L

I'm fed up with struggling to get decent guests because we ride on Saturdays.

I'm hoping when Coventry shut that we can use Friday nights as our race night.

What a moronic statement !! Ithink you need some therapy my son !!

• Like 5

So that's what the interval is for... I'm glad at least your dog enjoys it :lol:

So... I'm walking up the hill in the rain approaching the stadium and I can already hear the announcer banging on about the bloody interval, there's a 15 minute delay to let the rain clear, fair enough. Quite a long delay after heat 9 for Leicester to blade all the dirt off the track, that didn't really need it as it had been alright up until that point, I wonder if the fact that they were 8 points down at the time had anything to do with it... then a bloody interval as well after heat 11. All the shale dumped on the outside of the track seemed to cause 2 accidents involving Hall and Lawson, how the ref allowed it is beyond me?!? The ref didn't have a great night at all getting the exclusion wrong in Heat 12, there was also another incident that the ref missed, I can't remember the heat number (6?) when the rider in red definitely left the track after an unsatisfactory start yet wasn't excluded...

At least there wasn't a sun delay

I believe that the referee asked for the work to be done!

So Lakeside's team was allowed to race illegally and Leicester should most definitely have ridden under protest.

Lakeside weren't allowed to,race illegally. The fact that the referee allowed it makes it legal unless and until there is a successful appeal on the point. As had been said already if Norrie Allen doesn't like it he has his remedy and should put his money where his mouth is.

Lakeside weren't allowed to,race illegally. The fact that the referee allowed it makes it legal unless and until there is a successful appeal on the point. As had been said already if Norrie Allen doesn't like it he has his remedy and should put his money where his mouth is.

The referee didnt allow it - the BSPA did!!!

I believe that the referee asked for the work to be done!

Wouldn't it be nice though if the fans were informed what was happening instead of just hanging around watching umpteen laps by the tractor with a bit of music playing in the background? I'm pretty sure if I had counted I saw more of these than laps by speedway bikes which I had paid to watch and the dog wasn't much company as she was asleep. :neutral: This isn't just a criticism of Leicester as it happens at Coventry too and no doubt other tracks. Not that it will bother me now as I won't be back.

What's stopping Leicester riding Friday nights now?!

Coventry I should think. :unsure: Only about 20 miles apart and quite a few people like to go to both tracks so I wouldn't think Coventry would be very keen on Leicester riding on a Friday night.

• Like 2

Presumably Leicester lodged their official protest - with fee - before the meeting began and then rode 'under protest', rather than wait until they lost?!

You can't appeal riding orders that the SCB have sanctioned. And the SCB let the BSPA sanction it on their behalf. All totally wrong and you can see why Norrie was pissed off.

Seems a joke to me that you can only appeal before someone cheats. Which basically gives clubs/riders the chance to cheat as if thy're not caught before they do it, they get away with it!

I cant believe people are having a go at Norrie or justifying this. Lakesides team was illegal and the BSPA allowed it! And the SCB allowed them to allow it. Whats the point of a rule book if the people who manage the rulebook let the BSPA do as they damn well like?

Edited by SCB

You can't appeal riding orders that the SCB have sanctioned. And the SCB let the BSPA sanction it on their behalf. All totally wrong and you can see why Norrie was pissed off.

Seems a joke to me that you can only appeal before someone cheats. Which basically gives clubs/riders the chance to cheat as if thy're not caught before they do it, they get away with it!

I cant believe people are having a go at Norrie or justifying this. Lakesides team was illegal and the BSPA allowed it! And the SCB allowed them to allow it. Whats the point of a rule book if the people who manage the rulebook let the BSPA do as they damn well like?

I am presuming that Norrie or somebody from the Lions challenged the SCB/BSPA decision as soon as it was known about. if so does anybody know what was the reason given by the SCB/BSPA for blatantly approving a breach of the rules?

Probably the rule that states 'In the best interests of speedway'.