1 - Coventry

2 - Poole

3 - Swindon

4 - Kings Lynn

Coventry v Kings Lynn and Poole v Swindon in the play offs

Coventry v Swindon final ------ Swindon winning it

Edited by T.N.T.
  • Like 3

Let's hope the weather does not end up having a say in the top 4. It's okay us predicting where teams may get points from but if there are rain offs and all meetings are not staged before the cut off dates, this could change things completely.

Easy fixtures for King's Lynn? I would disagree esp now they are without Kerr & Lambert.

They still have Swindon, Coventry & Leicester at home.

They have to get points away at Swindon, Leicester & Poole. (Where are all the easy ones?)

Swindon should win their remaining home fixtures and still pick up some points on the road and look set to finish above King's Lynn & Belle Vue.

The question is who will join them?

Where do you now see Swindon picking up points away from home?Belle Vue, Poole, Coventry x2 & Kings Lynn? Winning the 3 home fixtures gives Swindon 49.

Kings Lynn have Leicester at home x2 and away which should be 9 points. Assuming Swindon & Kings Lynn each beat each other at home Kings Lynn have a home fixture against Coventry which will be key. If they win this then Swindon have to win another away match.

I think Belle Vue should be in and Swindon or Kings Lynn for the other place. Belle Vue have 40 like Swindon but have only lost once at home all season. Should be easy pickings against Leicester & Wolves. Swindon will be the key fixture but I can see them beating Wolves away given the form of the respective sides.

Edited by SpecialOne

Where do you now see Swindon picking up points away from home?Belle Vue, Poole, Coventry x2 & Kings Lynn? Winning the 3 home fixtures gives Swindon 49.

Kings Lynn have Leicester at home x2 and away which should be 9 points. Assuming Swindon & Kings Lynn each beat each other at home Kings Lynn have a home fixture against Coventry which will be key. If they win this then Swindon have to win another away match.

Swindon could probably make it merely by picking up a number of 'losing points'

• Like 1

King's Lynn's results could depend a lot on who guests in place of Kerr and Lambert, plus the form of Bjerre. Could be tough away.

Swindon have every chance of picking up points against Belle Vue, King's Lynn & Coventry. I think Away at Poole looks the only one that they look unlikely to pick anything up.

I think it's good that with just under 5 weeks until the play offs start, we still don't know who will finish top and also there are still 3 teams fighting it out for the final two play off places, with the positions in the table consistently changing.

Edited by mdmc82

King's Lynn's results could depend a lot on who guests in place of Kerr and Lambert, plus the form of Bjerre. Could be tough away.

Swindon have every chance of picking up points against Belle Vue, King's Lynn & Coventry. I think Away at Poole looks the only one that they look unlikely to pick anything up.

I think it's good that with just under 5 weeks until the play offs start, we still don't know who will finish top and also there are still 3 teams fighting it out for the final two play off places, with the positions in the table consistently changing.

That is the beauty of this season, it really is the most open in years and everyone has a different view on it.

• Like 1

Swindon with their 4 heat leaders 1 second string and 2 half decent reserves will only lose out if they are hit by injuries here onin.

I see the battle for 4th place being between Lynn and Belle Vue, and it's anyones guess who will claim it.

What a final it would be between Swindon and Poole, after 29 pulsating heats it's all down to Holder, Magic V's Ward and Batchelor.

Ward makes a fab gate and leads followed by Magic Batchelor and Holder. Going into the final lap Ward mysteriously slows down letting the other 3 riders pass. The end result is a 4-2 to Poole and another P/Off win.

Think KL are right up against it now.

Every fixture raced for these 3 teams are massive. BV at Poole tomorrow I think they will need to pick up a point and also beat Wolves away because I can see Swindon winning at Kirky Lane.

For me I think Lynn will be the ones to drop out with their terrible luck with injuries

Think KL are right up against it now.

Every fixture raced for these 3 teams are massive. BV at Poole tomorrow I think they will need to pick up a point and also beat Wolves away because I can see Swindon winning at Kirky Lane.

For me I think Lynn will be the ones to drop out with their terrible luck with injuries

You think Swindon will win at Kirky Lane, yet still expect us to beat Lynn for the 4th spot. FWIW I too think Swindon will win at Kirky Lane, but I wouldn't like to say who will get the 4th place, I am just happy that Belle Vue have had a great season and even if we do finish out of the P/Off positions it will still be a season of achievement.

• Like 1

You think Swindon will win at Kirky Lane, yet still expect us to beat Lynn for the 4th spot. FWIW I too think Swindon will win at Kirky Lane, but I wouldn't like to say who will get the 4th place, I am just happy that Belle Vue have had a great season and even if we do finish out of the P/Off positions it will still be a season of achievement.

I would say improvement rather than achievement.

Can't see Belle Vue missing out, Home form is just too good. I think KL will now miss out because of injuries.

If Swindon Darcy keeps going at the same rate, Swindon could pip Poole for 2nd place with 2 x 4 pt away wins and a home win.

The whole wide world hopes so Skidder... :t::D

I've edited the title of the thread to reflect the new reality! As for who will make it, less sure now than I was when I started the thread.

One thing I do think is very odd is that Sky is not showing the Belle Vue v Swindon match.

• Like 1

What is Lambert's rolling average? Given it has been achieved as a second string surely they can potentially get stronger riders as guests, who have a similar average but from the hl spot?

What is Lambert's rolling average? Given it has been achieved as a second string surely they can potentially get stronger riders as guests, who have a similar average but from the hl spot?

So Cook, Watt, North, Lindgren(!) etc.