British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
scottrocks

Wolverhampton Vs King's Lynn- Monday 3 August

That's very harsh , what a team manager , we beat you his actions payed off , your choppsy announcer was reprimanded , if that was Havelock his toys and dummy would be all over the track , he's the whinger Steve

How can he be the whinger?! He was only doing his job. Never heard of a team manager complaining about an announcer. Really pathetic if you ask me.

TBF, If I had the power to get Porkie to shut up I'd use it. Any old reason would do as an excuse, Rosco for an MBE I say.

Each to their own, Porkie makes my night and is the best in the business with ease.

• Like 1

Yep, lets shut up someone trying to create an atmosphere..

Far better for it to be a morgue like experience.

Ban cheering as well, just a wave of the hand as riders cross the line will suffice.. maybe lift your programme board in the air too..

I'm not against an atmosphere, but I find him aggravating - I'll not apologise for that.

Oh well, I gave you chance to get the high horse out again.

• Like 1

I'm not against an atmosphere, but I find him aggravating - I'll not apologise for that.

Why would I get my high horse out?

That's your opinion and it's fair enough, he isn't to everyone's taste for sure.

I just don't think it's any business of a team manager.

• Like 2

Why would I get my high horse out?

That's your opinion and it's fair enough, he isn't to everyone's taste for sure.

I just don't think it's any business of a team manager.

That's correct he should be concentrate on average manipulation.
  • Like 2

That's correct he should be concentrate on average manipulation.

Taking lessons from MF this year.:t:

Taking lessons from MF this year. :t:

There is one true master of getting riders on certain averages and Matt Ford is more about picking up riders on modest averages rather than manipulating them.

I agree, i can understand some of the Wolves faithful liking him but to me he is only one step up from York at Coventry. kings Lynn have improved as far as presentation is concerned who have used Edwin Overland and Darren Fletcher in the past who i believe also do Peterborough they are excellent.

• Like 1

I agree, i can understand some of the Wolves faithful liking him but to me he is only one step up from York at Coventry. kings Lynn have improved as far as presentation is concerned who have used Edwin Overland and Darren Fletcher in the past who i believe also do Peterborough they are excellent.

I just find Porkie so aggravating. I've nothing against his enthusiasm, but his actions and demeanor remind me of a drunk uncle you wish you didn't have (I don't have a drunk uncle, but if I did that's what he'd be like). Plus, he bellows over the last lap which I always find annoying. York is dreadful, a cut-price Mike Bennett, I like the way he seeks out riders for interviews, but by the time he's done them I've generally stopped listening anyway.

I liked Chris Simpson when he did Birmingham. I know he's a little on the old-fashioned side but I really like Kevin Long (is he still about?), he gently guides you through a meeting with a bit of wit, a nod and a wink.

I'm hoping Rosco does the same when Swindon visit Brandon. Anything that keeps York quiet can only be a good thing 😂😉

Edited by mdmc82
  • Like 2

I'm hoping Rosco does the same when Swindon visit Brandon. Anything that keeps York quiet can only be a good thing

Why hasn't York retired yet he must be about a hundred!

• Like 1

I'm hoping Rosco does the same when Swindon visit Brandon. Anything that keeps York quiet can only be a good thing 😂😉

Does he still talk you through the last lap?!

Does he still talk you through the last lap?!

He's worse than ever. He spent a whole meeting commenting on Boxall's races and where he finished even though he wasn't even racing in the meeting lol.

He commented on a couple of occasions on a race and said good win for Harris in that one when he wasn't even in the race. He had got the wrong heat.

I think it was a huge shame Chris Simpson is no longer there as he was really good and the crowd responded well to him.

Edited by mdmc82

There is one true master of getting riders on certain averages and Matt Ford is more about picking up riders on modest averages rather than manipulating them.

Master of both.