British Speedway Forum
dantodan

Scunthorpe V Newcastle Friday 7th August 2015 Premier League

Och! this hurts cannot believe Ryans rotten luck last night get well soon fella. Was not there; how did it happen; because if again a rider ends up under the air fence ? then we want to seriously look again at these fences.

Looks a let down of a night for Holub; but you cannot judge him on one meeting. Only thing I might do different was let him ride at home first; as you get the bounce on the crowd from the initial interest in him. Ce la vie thats done so on to tonight.

Suppose we will be r/r now for Ryan. This season (and not just for Scunny) has been a nightmare tbh. Rob and the team really dont deserve this; you make the efforts to change things and then another man down !

I see in this weeks Star Editor Philip Rising is rallying us all to come together over the winter in making some defining change to help the British Speedway scence. I can see already he is supporting some of the ideas I have long since put forward. Next year (whether Scorps make it to the tapes or not) we have to be brave and make some defining decisions. About rider safety; machinery and tracks; about promotion and marketing; about league, competition and team structure; about costs and revenues. It seems a turning point is sign posted up ahead and British speedway needs to ensure it does not end up down the wrong one to a cul-de-sac.

Right now though got to get up for tonight; we need to show support to Rob and the team. It looks like a great day for some speedway and lets have a safe and exciting nights action. Come on you Scorps !

Edited by the outsider

I see in this weeks Star Editor Philip Rising is rallying us all to come together over the winter in making some defining change to help the British Speedway scence. I can see already he is supporting some of the ideas I have long since put forward. Next year (whether Scorps make it to the tapes or not) we have to be brave and make some defining decisions. About rider safety; machinery and tracks; about promotion and marketing; about league, competition and team structure; about costs and revenues. It seems a turning point is sign posted up ahead and British speedway needs to ensure it does not end up down the wrong one to a cul-de-sac.

I think with so many tracks in a similar boat, there may be a real will to do something this time. 2015 has been one of speedway's worst-ever seasons; there seems to be an air of doom and gloom nearly everywhere.

Having said that, the last two meetings at the EWR (Peterborough and Ipswich) saw the place brought back alive. Fingers crossed tonight for another improved crowd, and another electric meeting that sends all the supporters away begging for more.

All the best

Rob

Edited by lucifer sam

Och! this hurts cannot believe Ryans rotten luck last night get well soon fella. Was not there; how did it happen; because if again a rider ends up under the air fence ? then we want to seriously look again at these fences.

Looks a let down of a night for Holub; but you cannot judge him on one meeting. Only thing I might do different was let him ride at home first; as you get the bounce on the crowd from the initial interest in him. Ce la vie thats done so on to tonight.

Suppose we will be r/r now for Ryan. This season (and not just for Scunny) has been a nightmare tbh. Rob and the team really dont deserve this; you make the efforts to change things and then another man down !

Right now though got to get up for tonight; we need to show support to Rob and the team. It looks like a great day for some speedway and lets have a safe and exciting nights action. Come on you Scorps !

The Star do it every year - and few changes are made (and most if none are important changes).

Edited by Steve Park

The Star do it every year - and few changes are made (and most if none are important changes).

I think there might be a real will between promoters for change this time, though. The sport cannot go on as it is - otherwise British Speedway will be extinct within a decade.

All the best

Rob

• Like 2

I think there might be a real will between promoters for change this time, though. The sport cannot go on as it is - otherwise British Speedway will be extinct within a decade.

All the best

Rob

Professional British speedway might be extinct. I suspect the lower divisions will have to go part time to survive. One bike hanging off the back of Citroen Safari might be the image seen up and down the highways of the UK.

• Like 2

Nowt to do with fence,wasnt under the fence,was just plain simple bad luck,nothing much of a crash,just fell in a bad way and snap,go rode wide by Kurtz[not dirty] and down he went

Good meeting last night i thought,some tip top racing,Bellego was good from the back

Sad to see a rider stand on track causing a re run,Sissis could quite easily have cleared track in heat two

Will be supporting Sheff in the play offs but they need to up their game a bit i think--good luck!!!

Richard Hall has his work cut out tonight - Somerset website has him down as guest for Redcar, Scunthorpe website has him as guest for Newcastle! Someone has got their wires crossed and made a cock-up - I know where my money is :nono:

Richard Hall has his work cut out tonight - Somerset website has him down as guest for Redcar, Scunthorpe website has him as guest for Newcastle! Someone has got their wires crossed and made a cock-up - I know where my money is :nono:

Oh dear!

I had hoped to see Richard Hall riding tonight at Scunny.

Just had a look on the Somerset website and Ben Morley will be guesting for Redcar and Richard Hall will be guesting for Newcastle.

Edited by Elliot Hunt

You will. Check out Richard Hall's twitter:

Happy with tonight paid 12 And a win for @_glasgowtigers puts them top of the league. On to @SpeedwayScunny tomorrow night @diamondspeedway

I think Mr Havelock of the Bears may have made a mistake. :wink:

All the best

Rob

Think you've missed the word 'another' out of that statement (betweeen 'made' and 'mistake')!!!!

Yep - would have made money on that one!!

Another bad day at the office for our lads. Ludde apart, there were few bright moments it seems. The late fight back just that- too late. If Tero and Richard had scored even half what each scored last night, the scores would have been substantially closer methinks. Most importantly though all came through relatively unscathed. Sounds like Tero had a lucky escape flying over the fence too. If this does not start Roy introducing him as 'the Flying Finn', I will be surprised and relieved.

• Like 1