British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
mdmc82

Premier League Riders Championship - Sheffield 6th Sep

That's Borrocks and you know it, he's never been stopped before and the club run the meeting, again as you know

Think you are mixing me up with someone else, I have no idea who stopped Garry going in the pits ,in fact I didn't even know about it until i read it on here.

• Like 1

basic health and satiety rules , plus the amount of people and machinery in there. sad , but IF something went wrong...... you cant just walk into a workshop and get away with it.

nothing against Garry, great chap. but you have to abide by the rules ............ big meeting means bigger rules.

it could be the claim that finishes Sheffield speedway if any thing went wrong....

Edited by jenga

basic health and satiety rules , plus the amount of people and machinery in there. sad , but IF something went wrong...... you cant just walk into a workshop and get away with it.

nothing against Garry, great chap. but you have to abide by the rules ............ big meeting means bigger rules.

it could be the claim that finishes Sheffield speedway if any thing went wrong....

you sure health and saftey was the reason??

I did notice that the stadium Health and safety nazis were ordering lots of people about. The staff looked scared stiff of them. Maybe they were anticipating a repeat of those clowns invading the pits last year and clamped everything down. Given that one of Sheffield's promoters is Julie Reading who is great friends with Garry, I don't for one second think they would deliberately do that to him

The H&S people also said that there was to be no parking against the back wall facing the entrance to the pits, which is where riders' vans have been parking for years, and no reason given for their decision.

you sure health and saftey was the reason??

not sure at all arson f. just maybe things were a bit tight in an already congested pits area.

I seem to remember years ago there was a big hoo ha about Carlos Villar, he wasn't allowed to be a mechanic because he wasn't allowed in the pits, and I believe that came down to H & S too in the end. Unfortunately Owlerton seems to have to suffer with overzealous stewarding/H & S jobsworths due to its proximity to the Hillsborough stadium.

I was hanging around the vehicle access to the pits wating for Garry to sign some old 2003 Hull photos for me. It took him a absolute age before they even let him in!!

Edward had no blown engine at Berwick. His Heat 1 withdrawal was not mechanical. Same bike in all his races.

Wrong, Kennett did blow an engine in Ht1 at Berwick the previous evening.