British Speedway Forum
sussex bulldog

Eastbourne V Buxton Sunday 09/08/2015 3.30 Pm

My feeling was based on the information that Marc Owen was missing, Thank goodness that was duff information or we would have been in trouble. It still looked very uncertain after 5 heats, how can Bates, Dugard (twice), and even Ben Hopwood come off when comfortably in front. They will have to get their act together before the cup finals and no more appeasing Strudwick there must be a 6+ guest from herein as it sounded like Georgie is out for the season and a while yet before Richard Andrews can return.

Martin Dugard has done a great job this season but what he does now will be the difference between some success and the season falling apart.

Apparently Marc was throwing up between races. So great job by him !

Marc was ill throughout the meeting.

He could easily with justification sat this one out. He didn't and every Eastbourne fan should be thankful for that.

Buxton took advantage of some poor riding early on by the Eagles. The home side were far too tentative but once they got it together, they were unstoppable.

Bit of thinking to do for Martin and Connor in the days ahead. It does seem as if the league maybe gone but the cups are within touching distance.

Quite what they can do is beyond me but they have proved time and again this year that they are top of the game.

In safe hands, I would say.

Well hats off to Mark then, without his performance we would have lost!

Falls cost us dearly yesterday and I guess most of that was down to the track. I hope they bring back Saturday night racing next year. It seemed like they could do nothing about the dust yesterday. I worried at one time if we were going to have the embarrassment of the meeting being cancelled due to the dust.

Well hats off to Mark then, without his performance we would have lost!

Falls cost us dearly yesterday and I guess most of that was down to the track. I hope they bring back Saturday night racing next year. It seemed like they could do nothing about the dust yesterday. I worried at one time if we were going to have the embarrassment of the meeting being cancelled due to the dust.

Yes it was dusty but I didn't think it was as bad as it has been... I could see the whole track all the time. Strudwick produced 1 point but he did earn that it wasn't a gift!

The dust spoiled what was otherwise a good meeting and we were tempted to leave before the end. Glad we stayed but must think about attendance on a hot Sunday afternoon.

I would much prefer to be there on a Saturday evening as Stevec says.

I think Eastbourne seriously need to think about moving to a Saturday night or even Friday night.

We have had some lovely hot, sunny afternoons and it does seem immpossible to get the track right. As a result, the meetings are taking far too long.

People were leaving the stadium from very early (in terms of races completed) yesterday.

We will have to fulfil the remaining fixtures, as advertised, I would imagine - but for the KO Cup and NT finals, lets get back to racing under lights.

For all the previous jokes about Dry House they also ran Sunday afternoon with very little dust and a slickly run meeting. So despite being difficult it is possible to run on sunny afternoons without issue.

That said there is no better surface than a cloudy evening.

My feeling was based on the information that Marc Owen was missing, Thank goodness that was duff information or we would have been in trouble. It still looked very uncertain after 5 heats, how can Bates, Dugard (twice), and even Ben Hopwood come off when comfortably in front. They will have to get their act together before the cup finals and no more appeasing Strudwick there must be a 6+ guest from herein as it sounded like Georgie is out for the season and a while yet before Richard Andrews can return.

Martin Dugard has done a great job this season but what he does now will be the difference between some success and the season falling apart.

for 2/3rds of the meeting it looked like your prediction would be right anyway, brilliant effort from marc . next week will be a different matter if the team ride the same.