British Speedway Forum

Must have a pretty decent team lined up to avoid a sure fire 8 pointer but maybe their hand was forced with many saturday clashes with his plans for next year.

Probably suits him to be away from a saturday track but to loan him to Peterborough is a major error for me.

Mistake allowing this news to break before posting some top signings themselves

• Like 1

changed last year and isnt the same both ways!

Was to counter the skewed EL averages.

EL to PL is x1.4. (unless changed at agm)

Quite right, missed that one. I suppose the idea is to try to stop EL riders getting a 'soft' option by moving down and starving the top tier of riders.

You sign a rider for the season watch him all season improve and kick on, get a proper average then leaves..... I'd be pissed off!

You guys reckon NBJ will kick on?

Guaranteed. Hope it wasn't our promotions decision and it's just a Danish thing, although Kasper Lykke is one of his best mates so it's odd.

NBJ has said Rye didn't want him, so the only logical conclusion is they have a massive signing lined up

I'd take NBJ over Thomsen. NBJ was averaging over his assessed figure pretty much all season, only dropped below it towards the end, he's definitely got a point improvement in him next year at least.

I'd have sacrificed Lambert or Kennett to keep NBJ because the point of team building is to sign riders who will improve.

So now we're looking at Eddie, Rob, Maassen and Dan Greenwood plus three others I reckon, that reserve pairing would struggle all year.

Could Tyson Nelson be coming back . Club asset , I enjoyed his unpredictability.He is still doing ok in Australia and im sure if he did come back he would do well. Also if the new owners have any ambition they must go and try and get Ben Barker as he is on a false average and I would also go for Cameron Heeps whose not in the Ipswich team.3 point reserve Daniel Spiller if eligible , no one seems to be mentioning him , but please no Ben Morley.

Haha he won't be in the PL unfortunately

Thats what MPT said publicly last season, wouldnt rule anything out with speedway riders.

especially that one.

sorry to shads for trolling on the rye thread !