British Speedway Forum

Shadders away days will be barron to say the least.

They're few and far between since my youngest was born last December

Edited by Shads

Congratulations on December clearly lots of people recruit at this time of year.,

This team is going to struggle big time away.But after the straight jacket that the first 5 riders announced put us in, Robbo and Heaps was pretty good. With the big advantage of Kasper/Lanham at reserve which will help the lack of heat leaders 2 & 3 to help Kennett.

Congratulations on December clearly lots of people recruit at this time of year.,

This team is going to struggle big time away.But after the straight jacket that the first 5 riders announced put us in, Robbo and Heaps was pretty good. With the big advantage of Kasper/Lanham at reserve which will help the lack of heat leaders 2 & 3 to help Kennett.

Clearly not a trophy winning side, but the key will be winning at home to get people through the gate. Without them there will be no future for speedway at Rye House. Edited by Shads
  • Like 4

Clearly not a trophy winning side, but the key will be winning at home to get people through the gate. Without them there will be no future for speedway at Rye House.

Couldn't agree more, if they stay fit i doubt many sides will will win at Rye and lets face it most of our fans want to watch a winning team at home. We may pick up the odd away win but i doubt it will make much of an impact on the table but an improvement on recents years i think

Klindt will be ok if he hits turn one first otherwise he's pants

Klindt will average 9 off gate 4 and 3 off gate 1.

Again, just observations from far away NZ which is largely speedway-less these days...

Side looks reasonable, if I get over to the UK for work next year, I'd pay to go and see them. BUT....it still does seem a 'balls up' was made letting NBJ go before Lambert had signed. Robbo is NBJ's replacement on a similar average, but will he increase his average by more than NBJ next year. Hopefully, but I doubt it. Question for those who've studied the averages, which I haven't: would Heaps average still have fitted if we'd kept NBJ..?? Or is the Heaps signing a fortuitous spin off of NBj's premature departure..?? I need convincing that was the plan all along, but it still has the hallmarks of a stuff up to me....in which case I hope the new promotion have learned something.

All the best for 2016 :-)

Edited by iangnz

Again, just observations from far away NZ which is largely speedway-less these days...

Side looks reasonable, if I get over to the UK for work next year, I'd pay to go and see them. BUT....it still does seem a 'balls up' was made letting NBJ go before Lambert had signed. Robbo is NBJ's replacement on a similar average, but will he increase his average by more than NBJ next year. Hopefully, but I doubt it. Question for those who've studied the averages, which I haven't: would Heaps average still have fitted if we'd kept NBJ..?? Or is the Heaps signing a fortuitous spin off of NBj's premature departure..?? I need convincing that was the plan all along, but it still has the hallmarks of a stuff up to me....in which case I hope the new promotion have learned something.

All the best for 2016 :-)

Heeps and NBJ would not have fitted. Robbo 6.50 and NBJ 6.91. We finished with only 0.15 to spare. Alot betterr than previous seasons. Edited by iand

Thanks iand.

Even if this line up has just 'happened' as a result of letting NBJ go then losing Lambert, it may work out well. If Kennett and Lanham can maintain their averages, and the rest put at least a point on their starting figures (as they all have potential to do) then we'll be in the play offs.

Gonna need Robbo and lanham to roll back the years for this team to be any good.

Klindt has an 8 point average in him tho if his heads right.

Gonna need Robbo and lanham to roll back the years for this team to be any good.

Klindt has an 8 point average in him tho if his heads right.

I think every promoter who has had Klindt in the last few years keep thinking he is a 8 point rider but sadly he is a 5.89 average and people need to realise this, why is he going to improve at Rye House?

A rag bag of a side which has been put together without any real plan. A massive cock up with team building due to Lambert which has to be put down to naivety. The releasing of NBJ looks even more stupid now.

Robbo has suffered too many injuries to be the rider we saw 10 years ago & Heeps hasn't developed as many thought he would.

No back up for Kennett on the road at all.

Afraid again it's a bottom of the table side that has been built at Rye for about the sixth year in a row now.

A rag bag of a side which has been put together without any real plan. A massive cock up with team building due to Lambert which has to be put down to naivety. The releasing of NBJ looks even more stupid now.

Robbo has suffered too many injuries to be the rider we saw 10 years ago & Heeps hasn't developed as many thought he would.

No back up for Kennett on the road at all.

Afraid again it's a bottom of the table side that has been built at Rye for about the sixth year in a row now.

Bring back Len eh Chris ?? :rofl:

Now a few more teams are taking shape, got to be honest the more I look at this Rye team the more I like it so not sure I share the pessimism.

Kennett is one of the top three number ones in the league along with Stead and King and you'll get double figure from him just about everywhere.

The 2-5 may look as though it lacks a bit of punch to support him, but all are capapble of chipping in with solid if unspectular scores and I mean all of them.

What they may lack in the 2-5 they make up in the reserves. On paper you'll probably have the strongest and you could realistically see any of Klindt, Heeps or Lanham at reserve which is ridiculous. All three would clean up at reserve.

Klindt doesn't seem a popular choice and he is very inconsistent I agree. Sometimes he looks dreadful, but every now and again when he has his gating boots on and his head in the right place, he can go through the card and look unbeatable.

When he has one of those days, Rye will win meetings that nobody will give them a chance in pre meeting.

Looks a play off side to me.

Now a few more teams are taking shape, got to be honest the more I look at this Rye team the more I like it so not sure I share the pessimism.

Kennett is one of the top three number ones in the league along with Stead and King and you'll get double figure from him just about everywhere.

The 2-5 may look as though it lacks a bit of punch to support him, but all are capapble of chipping in with solid if unspectular scores and I mean all of them.

What they may lack in the 2-5 they make up in the reserves. On paper you'll probably have the strongest and you could realistically see any of Klindt, Heeps or Lanham at reserve which is ridiculous. All three would clean up at reserve.

Klindt doesn't seem a popular choice and he is very inconsistent I agree. Sometimes he looks dreadful, but every now and again when he has his gating boots on and his head in the right place, he can go through the card and look unbeatable.

When he has one of those days, Rye will win meetings that nobody will give them a chance in pre meeting.

Looks a play off side to me.

We agree again :approve::D

I certainly think its a better team than some are making out.

Kennett is one of the top riders in the league, Lykke has come on a bundle, Morley will be one of the top 3.00 riders and Heeps has a good record at Rye House and a move away from Ipswich should do him good. Robson is better than 6.5 - I thought that Redcar's track last season just didn't suit him.

The reserve pairing will score points everywhere.

The two doubts are Lanham and Klindt. Lanham was rubbish at Sheffield in 2014 and although he improved at Somerset by the time they showed him the door he was back to that sort of form. He's the sort of signing that doesn't inspire or excite - quite the opposite in fact. I didn't see much of Klindt in 2015 but I'd agree with all those who say if he doesn't gate he's not interested. At Scunny at 2014 the only reason he was gating was because he rolled almost every time. Still, its not that long ago that he was a very good second string at EL standard so there is hope for improvement.

While I'd admit I am lousy at prediction, I think that team is better than Ipswich and Berwick.

Edited by Halifaxtiger