British Speedway Forum

I wonder if my Hoddesdon enthusiasm will last more than 3-4 meetings this season....

Leigh Lanham and Nicolai Klindt are very poor signings in my opinion.... but hey ho lets see!

• Like 1

Not on such a big scale, there are big question marks over most of our team this year in my opinion. Look at Glasgow, Lunna and Garcia are the question marks there, if one comes good they'll have a good year, there's significant question marks over six of our seven IMO.

I can't agree on that. I see no more question marks over Kennett, Morley, Lykke & Heeps than there are over Lawson, Summers, Barker & Ayres.

What I do accept is that the ifs over some riders are greater than those over others.

That was my first ever speedway meeting, it was my birthday treat ! Was it John Louis and Tony Davey in heat 13 ?

Tony Davey and Pete Bailey. John Louis won heat 12. Each had four ride maximums, one paid. Eastbourne had two last places going into heat 13 whilst getting 5-1s in heats 2 and 8. Full details for this match and vast number of others can be found here:

http://www.speedwayresearcher.org.uk/index.html

• Like 1

Question marks over who? Kasper was averaging over 7 points a meeting from reserve last season before he moved up. Ben will beat most number 7's around Rye House and a fair few number 6's. That's all he's expected to do.

Then he moved up, and finished the year on a five, and he still couldn't gate. Morley being the top number seven needs to be doing better than beating his counterparts at home and nicking a few points off number six riders. He needs to be consistently beating number sevens away from home as well and nicking a few points in those meetings too. I think he has it in him but he must do it in 2016.

Then he moved up, and finished the year on a five, and he still couldn't gate.

Racing for most of the season with a shoulder injury

Racing for most of the season with a shoulder injury

Shouldn't have come back until he was 100% fit then.

Shouldn't have come back until he was 100% fit then.

If you used that argument for every rider in the league you may as well pack up and go home.

• Like 1

If you used that argument for every rider in the league you may as well pack up and go home.

Depends if you believe everything you see in press releases, always easy to say X rider under performed because he's still not fully fit.

A spade is a spade and until Kasper learns to gate he won't become a heatleader.

Depends if you believe everything you see in press releases, always easy to say X rider under performed because he's still not fully fit.

Are you saying Len Silver is a liar?

Are you saying Len Silver is a liar?

:D

A spade is a spade and until Kasper learns to gate he won't become a heatleader.

Robbo did.

Robbo did.

You'd be surprised how many riders are racing with one injury or another. They're a tough breed.

Didn't Kenny Carter once attempt to race with both legs broken and in plaster?

Edited by Shads

No problem. He'll have Klindt this season to teach him the art of rolling starts.

No problem. He'll have Klindt this season to teach him the art of rolling starts.

Chris Nearh, one of the best gaters of recent years, tried and failed. If he couldn't improve Kaspers gating then nobody can.