British Speedway Forum

Not at Sunderland, he was well away by that time. Crewe was promoted by Allied Presentations, of whom Len was one-sixth, Maury Littlechild was the first front man for Allied, then Len did a couple of years but the man in charge in 1975 (when the Kings ceased to reign) was Dave Parry.

I only mentioned Sunderland because I'm sure I remember fellow forum member White Knight bemoaning the fact that Len Silver had closed down his beloved Stars

I only mentioned Sunderland because I'm sure I remember fellow forum member White Knight bemoaning the fact that Len Silver had closed down his beloved Stars I believe it was run by the ex Berwick promoter Liz Taylor who ran the two sides side by side, I seem to remember Sunderland finishing there fixtures early and she transferred the top riders from Sunderland to Berwick to bolster her beloved Berwick side

I hope his dad is in the pits with him,,, Brian was a top rider great gater and engine tuner he could be a great asset to the whole team..May even have some tips for Kasper on how to gate.....

Barry Briggs was a half decent rider but his son Tony was shyte...the list goes on!

Barry Briggs was a half decent rider but his son Tony was shyte...the list goes on!

I suppose there are exceptions as the current world champion would a good example!!

Edited by GWC

not really a fair thing to say as I think he had to retire very early in his career after suffering a serious neck injury

• Like 2

Barry' Briggs half decent?

There's also an alternative list: Crump, Louis, Silver, Blackbird, Poole, Hawkins... off the top of my head

Edited by Shads

There's also an alternative list: Crump, Louis, Silver, Blackbird, off the top of my head

I remember him in the days he rode for Swindon he was virtually unbeaten at home - always very difficult to compare riders of different eras

There's also an alternative list: Crump, Louis, Silver, Blackbird, Poole, Hawkins... off the top of my head

Blackbird, Poole and Hawkins hardly pulled up any trees.

I watched a lot of Tony at Reading, he was never going to emulate his Father but he did hold down a berth at a top flight side. Lets not forget he was only a kid when he broke his neck and could easily have paid the price and been chair bound for life. The only thing that is shyte as you put it is your pathetic comment.

Edited by westhamboy66
  • Like 5

Will a hologram of Len walking to the start at 6.55pm every Saturday with the echoes of 'Those magnificent men' ringing around the stadium be the norm?

Did OK in the Premier League. Hawkins was a 7 point rider not that long ago

Did OK in the Premier League. Hawkins was a 7 point rider not that long ago

For about half a season, horrible injury and never got back to that level, as we found out when he was here.

Ritchie Hawkins was British U-21 Champion in 2004. Taylor Poole was Australian U-21 Champion in 2012.

Ritchie Hawkins was British U-21 Champion in 2004. Taylor Poole was Australian U-21 Champion in 2012.

A couple of individual meeting victories between them then.