British Speedway Forum

Good man Im with you on that one bud

This is a completely new era at Rye House ,lets give it a chance, it could conceivably be better ,time will tell,, but if you do not try it you will never know..Personally im looking forward to the new season some might say for obvious reasons with my grandson Ben riding in both teams..

• Like 6

In all the years I have followed the sport I have seen changes to my own club so I understand the mood of the Rye fans, in 1991 Arena Essex suddenly had an air fence and new shaped track, completely new management (the first of many) also almost a new team, over a decade later we had a name change to Lakeside and our colours changed also but it's still the Hammers.

Hopefully Rye House will keep their name and it won't be called Lea Valley something, not that there is anything wrong with the Lea Valley, it's just not associated with Motorsport.

I have to agree with you there David. Please lets see how the season goes before we pass judgement.

I'm struggling to understand why there are so many people complaining here. All I've read on here over the last 5+ years (probably since the the 2007 title winning season actually) is people complaining about what a load of rubbish it was at the club. Out dated, poor teams assembled, jobs for the boys etc. A new promotion has come in and changed a few things us and everyone is up in arms. I've no idea what the relationship was between them and Uncle Len was, but if I remember rightly at the start of last season he was still the man in charge with regards to team building etc, so I can't see how BMR are to blame for last season.

I will always be grateful to Len. He brought my team back to life after 7 long years. But his time was up. BMR haven't even had a chance to run the show their way yet. Lets give them at least ONE season before we say they are good or bad. Reading what Robbo has to say on the website, I'm cautiously optimistic.

for all the knockers on here please just wait till you actually go into the stadium before you pass comment. I walked round the track this pm it looks great - if I had spent as much money as has been spent on the track and seeing all the negative comments I would be a bit p***** off. The promotion may be new to speedway but they have been running a very successful 4 car team in the touring car champs for many years which is no mean feat. Everyone has been moaning for the past few seasons about the track, the team and dare I say it the team manager as well - yes there have been massive changes but isn't that what most people wanted!!!! I personally can not wait for the season to start - yes the team is not as strong as it could be but I can assure you there are some very good reasons for that - just bring it on and support the team when you consider some of the problems some clubs are having with their stadiums just be thankful that we still have one.

• Like 6

for all the knockers on here please just wait till you actually go into the stadium before you pass comment. I walked round the track this pm it looks great - if I had spent as much money as has been spent on the track and seeing all the negative comments I would be a bit p***** off. The promotion may be new to speedway but they have been running a very successful 4 car team in the touring car champs for many years which is no mean feat. Everyone has been moaning for the past few seasons about the track, the team and dare I say it the team manager as well - yes there have been massive changes but isn't that what most people wanted!!!! I personally can not wait for the season to start - yes the team is not as strong as it could be but I can assure you there are some very good reasons for that - just bring it on and support the team when you consider some of the problems some clubs are having with their stadiums just be thankful that we still have one.

All it takes is an official post on the club's website to dispel doubts and prove that the paying customers' opinions are being listened to/cared about.

• Like 1

All it takes is an official post on the club's website to dispel doubts and prove that the paying customers' opinions are being listened to/cared about.

I thought Sid was BMR's official spokesperson

nothing of the sort just go and have a look - see you in 2 weeks

If he's not he should be. He's done more to ease anyone's fears than any official source. 😉

Edited by JmeRay
  • Like 3

Reading Sids posts have re-energised my enthusiasm.

Reading Sids posts have re-energised my enthusiasm.

just off on holiday - see you at p and p - if you have any spare time this weekend just go and look - you will be amazed and there is a lot more to come

I had a good chat with Robbo last week at the speedway celebration held at Paradise Park . He totally convinced me there is a big future for speedway at Rye . He told me the track work is looking great , also sure he said they had slightly widened the home straight. So after having my worries about the future I am now starting to think it could be rosy .

• Like 3

Noticed that a new member joined the BSF at the the end of last month with a username of 'SteveTeamBMR'.

Not posted yet, but been viewing the Premier League Forum.

Noticed that a new member joined the BSF at the the end of last month with a username of 'SteveTeamBMR'.

Not posted yet, but been viewing the Premier League Forum.

Everyone on their best behaviour.

• Like 3

Thank you for the update. My point of view is that we speedway supporters have lost so many tracks/clubs in the past that when changes start to happen at any track we fear the worst and none of us wants to see another one disappear, you only need to Google 'Defunct Speedway Tracks' to see what I mean. At one time Speedway was the second biggest spectator sport in this country, football being the first. Anyone who does anything to keep the sport alive will get my support and hopefully we will see Rye Rockets finish in the top half of the table this year and maybe even Draught beer in the bar.

Edited by hammer1969
  • Like 3