British Speedway Forum

I f he does not ride speedway ,im not interested, what ever his wonderful personality is....This is supposed to be a speedway thread,?? or is it about flat track ..?

I f he does not ride speedway ,im not interested, what ever his wonderful personality is....This is supposed to be a speedway thread,?? or is it about flat track ..?

Anything that attracts people to Rye House speedway has gotta be a good thing

• Like 3

Never heard of Guy Martin and flat track is the most boring motorcycle sport i have ever seen ..If he,s not doing speedway whats all the fuss about ?

Take your blinkers off. No doubt if he gives a young speedway rider some advice he'll be the greatest thing since sliced bread. :neutral:

• Like 1

Interesting the other two have a history of winning, whereas Martin is a Racing TV Celebrity, those trappings of wealth he has never came from mending trucks, the £5 per signature he gets is a nice little earner.

You don't have to be ultra successful to fantastically popular it's known as having a great personality. 15 TT podiums alone is pretty good in my book. The most popular Speedway rider around since i first started watching Speedway in the 60's by a very long way was Kelly Moran. Never came close to a World title unlike Mauger, Briggs, Fundin and Rickardsson 21 individual titles yet none were particularly popular. To have a character like Guy Martin around the place is a big coup for the Promotion if it pans out and what is good for the Promotion is good for Speedway fans. Yes i have knocked them in the past, maybe i was wrong and will give them every chance this year and to coax a top motorcyclist to the place is Brilliant'

He is one of the most approachable sports personalities i have ever seen, never saw him decline a photo or autograph. I think being employed as a rider in the most dangerous sport in the world by massive motorcycle companies and independents explain his wealth that plus his odd TV show. I doubt his personal wealth was gained by ripping off fans

I doubt you have ever seen proper flat track racing unless you have watched it in the USA.

This is a speedway thread and anything that takes place on track actually has a knock on effect for the speedway some good some bad. Guy Martin around the place is ok by me. I'm sure the promotion would be happy to see newcomers to the track to see Guy Martin some of whom may even come back to try a speedway meeting

Edited by westhamboy66

Never heard of Guy Martin and flat track is the most boring motorcycle sport i have ever seen ..If he,s not doing speedway whats all the fuss about ?

i suggest you look for a copy of . closer to the edge dvd . or just type in guy martin closer to the edge and a full range of guys exploits can be found . guy is the quickest person on a bicycle. look out for his mini series. the boat that guy built. .. the spitfire rebuild . the list goes on .

this man has more charisma than most of the so called super star football players , F1 drivers etc . have you heard of david cameron ?

i think the only guy you know is the family guy .

dont take offence to this post . what i have done here is to bring your attention to a whole new world of entertainment . enjoy it .

• Like 1

i suggest you look for a copy of . closer to the edge dvd . or just type in guy martin closer to the edge and a full range of guys exploits can be found . guy is the quickest person on a bicycle. look out for his mini series. the boat that guy built. .. the spitfire rebuild . the list goes on .

this man has more charisma than most of the so called super star football players , F1 drivers etc . have you heard of david cameron ?

i think the only guy you know is the family guy .

dont take offence to this post . what i have done here is to bring your attention to a whole new world of entertainment . enjoy it .

Guy Martin is one of the Motorcyclists, you just want him to win, he's a bit remenicent of the speedway rider that turned up with his bike strapped to the back of a Cortina.

• Like 3

Guy Martin is one of the Motorcyclists, you just want him to win, he's a bit remenicent of the speedway rider that turned up with his bike strapped to the back of a Cortina.

oh happy days . part time speedway rider and doing it for the love of the sport .

• Like 1

oh happy days . part time speedway rider and doing it for the love of the sport .

Oh the hey days, the odd Prima Donna and a bunch of Cavaliers. Today the odd Cavalier, and a whole bunch of Prima Donnas

• Like 1

Jumping in, with Guy Martin what you see is what you get: a guy (no pun intended) with a genuine interest in people and machines / vehicles which go quickly prefarably driven by an engine. A mate was involved in a Red Bull Soap Box Derby event, Guy turned up (forget whether he was part of a team or not), he chatted to everyone like he'd known them all his life and was happy to get involved, pick up a spanner and get his hands dirty. I'd be very surprised if he didn't at least have a skid on a speedway bike, find out what made it tick, then have look over the fence at the kart circuit and have spin in a kart. Love him or not, this is a the kind of guy he is: one you'd really want to be interested in speedway....

• Like 2

I genuinly had never heard of Guy Martin but then i only follow speedway ,Obviously now i know how popular the guy is i can see that he will be good for Rye speedway ...

• Like 1

I genuinly had never heard of Guy Martin but then i only follow speedway ,Obviously now i know how popular the guy is i can see that he will be good for Rye speedway ...

If you don't want him in Rye, he can come up to Berwick anytime, Shads can give him a lift.

If you don't want him in Rye, he can come up to Berwick anytime, Shads can give him a lift.

It's quicker by train

I was looking forward to my trip to Rye House on Thursday, wonder what the "unexpected circumstances" are?

I genuinely find that hard to believe. You can't watch T.V. or read newspapers in that case. You only follow speedway but I'll bet you've heard of Manchester United and The Beatles.