British Speedway Forum
mdmc82

Coventry V Leicester Fri 14th August

COLLECTION FOR KERR

Friday August 07, 2015

COVENTRY will be holding a collection for Lewis Kerr at our next Elite League home fixture.

This will be when the Buildbase Bees face Leicester at Brandon on Friday August 14.

Lewis remains in Addenbrooke's Hospital in Cambridge following his horrific crash in the Premier League Fours last weekend. Recent updates have thankfully offered encouragement, but there is still a very long journey ahead.

Going to be another Lions select with Walasek, Masters and the reserves missing.

Perhaps Coventry should let King ride in the LCSF at Edinburgh for Ipswich to even things up a bit?

Going to be another Lions select with Walasek, Masters and the reserves missing.

Perhaps Coventry should let King ride in the LCSF at Edinburgh for Ipswich to even things up a bit?

Coventry are likely to also be missing Robson.

Why isn't Walasek riding as rode in Poland yesterday, does he have a fixture clash?

Whilst it's not ideal having riders missing, sometimes the right guests can make you stronger than your original line up (just look at the team Lakeside brought to Leciester)

Edited by mdmc82

A Lions select side is usually stronger than a regular one.

However another nul points for the Lions again.

Falubaz are riding in a meeting that's been in the list since the start of the season so Walasek will be riding for them.

Andersen and Doyle both potentially have Danish League conflicts as well.

So how come there are Danish and Polish League matches when they are supposed to have a set race day, which is not a Friday? A lot of UK fans go on about us riding on a set day which would help solve all our problems and encourage the 'names' to return yet Poland and Denmark obviously don't stick to theirs.....unless I'm missing something?

• Like 4

Falubaz are riding in a meeting that's been in the list since the start of the season so Walasek will be riding for them.

Andersen and Doyle both potentially have Danish League conflicts as well.

Didn't Hans join his Danish team later than the start of the season?

Andersen has missed two Danish fixtures this season so far to ride for bees. Hopefully he will ride for the bees.

Edited by mdmc82

So how come there are Danish and Polish League matches when they are supposed to have a set race day, which is not a Friday? A lot of UK fans go on about us riding on a set day which would help solve all our problems and encourage the 'names' to return yet Poland and Denmark obviously don't stick to theirs.....unless I'm missing something?

Danish fixtures are Wednesday and Friday

Doyle won't be a problem - he is basically too good for the Danish League and has only ridden once (Karpov, Fricke and Lahti are the top three foreigners who ride regularly in the DSL)

Andersen may be a problem but I'd guess he'll ride at Cov and Munkebo will use Kenni Larsen. They are best team in the league riding at home so can probably afford to be without him.

A Lions select side is usually stronger than a regular one.

However another nul points for the Lions again.

Wish I knew what the "regular" Lions side is!

• Like 1

Andersen may be a problem but I'd guess he'll ride at Cov and Munkebo will use Kenni Larsen. They are best team in the league riding at home so can probably afford to be without him.

Could probably say the same of the Bees too - especially vs a depleted Leicester side. Without Walasek who's been superb at Brandon this season they're Lions to the slaughter (see what I did there?!).

I actually feel really sorry for Leicester this year, I think they've had so some decent riders this year and at times have looked close to a decent team on paper but injuries and riders attitudes have gone against them big time.

I will give it a miss at £21 to get in with a programme for what is a select team match they make out is ELITE league.

How many riders are missing from both teams ?

Danish fixtures are Wednesday and Friday

Ah...thanks for that. I thought it was just Wednesday.

Leicester lions official website has No mention of this match at Brandon on Friday ?

I guess they don't want Leicester fans to know they face top of the league Coventry bees down the m69 what a poor show by the promotion.

Leicester lions official website has No mention of this match at Brandon on Friday ?

I guess they don't want Leicester fans to know they face top of the league Coventry bees down the m69 what a poor show by the promotion.

Not sure what you mean by no mention? It is listed in their fixture list. They have a fixture on Wed at King's Lynn so i'm sure they will focus on that first.

http://leicesterlions.co/fixtures/

Edited by mdmc82

Not sure what you mean by no mention? It is listed in their fixture list. They have a fixture on Wed at King's Lynn so i'm sure they will focus on that first. http://leicesterlions.co/fixtures/

Yes on fixture list but no news about teams for Thursday or Friday on the front page or that there are 2 away matches, they mention Doyle 12 GP points and the forthcoming home match against Kings Lynn.

I think there website is very poor.