British Speedway Forum

The statement on the site a few weeks ago explained what is happening in 2016.

A lot of fans aren’t in the Supporters Club so shouldn’t have to attend their events to receive club news**

** this is in no way intended as a dig at the supporters club.

It said nothing more than 'The intention to run', and it had some new people on board. Didn't say if the club intended to go in a different more inclusive way, or if it was to plod on in the way that it has done, for the last few years. The attendance on Saturday was a quarter of the current gate, quite a significant group of fans. I just wish people on here would not perpetuate a them & us situation.

Edited by To The Point

It said nothing more than 'The intention to run', and it had some new people on board. Didn't say if the club intended to go in a different more inclusive way, or if it was to plod on in the way that it has done, for the last few years. The attendance on Saturday was a quarter of the current gate, quite a significant group of fans. I just wish people on here would not perpetuate a them & us situation.

Really? Because this statement suggest the complete opposite, in fact it’s almost implying the ¾ who weren’t in attendance aren’t die hards or real fans in your eyes. It’s the kind of statement that almost looks intended to create a “them and us” situation.

Wait till tonight, yahoo, EVENT OF THE SEASON, with all the real Berwick Speedway fans, true die hards. :drink::drink: :drink: :drink:

I would go as far as to say that if it hadn’t been mentioned re any kind of them/us mentality or in fact the self-admittance of, basically sh*t stirring, no one would be even batting an eye lid re this one and in fact just enjoying the success of the BSSC night and the fact the club is running in 2016.

Edited by sparkafag

See were making a good attempt to get back on course and upstage the Glas/ Edin thread for bickering rights. !!!!!!!!!!

Really? Because this statement suggest the complete opposite, in fact it’s almost implying the ¾ who weren’t in attendance aren’t die hards or real fans in your eyes. I would go as far as to say it’s the kind of statement that almost looks intended to create a “them and us” situation.

First thing is the only reason there wer only 150 at the Do, is because that is the capacity of the B&G, they could have easily sold another 150 tickets. However not every fan would want to go to an event like this, it does not make them any lesser a fan, and I did not say it did nor did anyone else, only in your narrow view did you imply that it did. I would say Berwick has about 400/500 die hard fans, and to be honest that is a conservative figure, as there are many faces I no longer see at Berwick, and i would genuinely like to see them return, to achieve that those fans need to be convinced that there is going to be an improvement to get them to return.

First thing is the only reason there wer only 150 at the Do, is because that is the capacity of the B&G, they could have easily sold another 150 tickets. However not every fan would want to go to an event like this, it does not make them any lesser a fan, and I did not say it did nor did anyone else, only in your narrow view did you imply that it did. I would say Berwick has about 400/500 die hard fans, and to be honest that is a conservative figure, as there are many faces I no longer see at Berwick, and i would genuinely like to see them return, to achieve that those fans need to be convinced that there is going to be an improvement to get them to return.

Exactly, which is why it would then be unfair that they weren’t afforded the same news re the club that others were, as has been said, it isn’t a big deal. I was only quoting your post, it wasn't me who made the comment re true die hard fans.

Edited by sparkafag

Exactly, which is why it would then be unfair that they weren’t afforded the same news re the club that others were, as has been said, it isn’t a big deal. I was only quoting your post, it wasn't me who made the comment re true die hard fans.

Is the statment not true, the 150 that were able to attend,are indeed die hard fans, does not say that other fans were not die hard fans aswell. It is only yourself that read something, that you interpited something that was not there .

Is the statment not true, the 150 that were able to attend,are indeed die hard fans, does not say that other fans were not die hard fans aswell. It is only yourself that read something, that you interpited something that was not there .

were any riders in attendance?

For someone who doesn’t want to create fractions or elements of the support it’s an absurdly naïve statement that’s left open to interpretation.

Edited by sparkafag
  • Like 1

TJ . Doolan and Coty

And most of the 2nd halfers

Edited by To The Point
  • Like 1

Doolan,TJ,Coty, from main team plus juniors and Liam Carr also turned up after guesting for Edinburgh
  • Like 1

Giving the statement put out by the BSPA, surely it will be Liam Carr in the Berwick No7 race jacket.

Doolan,TJ,Coty, from main team plus juniors and Liam Carr also turned up after guesting for Edinburgh

Thanks

TJ . Doolan and Coty

And most of the 2nd halfers

Thanks

Saturday was a really good night, 150 plus diehard Berwick Bandits fans under one roof. This was a good opportunity for the Promotion of the club, or a representative, to come along and explain to those attending what is happening in 2016, epecially after so much uncertainty generated by the club. More importantly a golden opportunity to build bridges with the BSSC, who have never wavered in their support of helping speedway at Berwick.

My point exactly, not many occasions where you get that amount of Berwick`s loyalist customers under one roof. No need to to subscribe to a news letter, no need to look at the official club site, no need in fact to have access to the internet, the chance was there to hear straight from the clubs owner/promotion.

Never mind, we move on, with some rules now known for next season, points limit etc, maybe it wont be to long before we hear of rider signings.