British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
JamesB

Edinburgh V Witches Select (lc Semi Final First Leg) 14th August

I criticised the Ipswich pair last Friday and I will equally criticise Lawson tonight.

These are supposed to be professional sportsmen, but they can't get to a meeting in ample time for the start. FFS.

Perhaps he should have customized his van with propellers wacky races style
  • Like 1

I criticised the Ipswich pair last Friday and I will equally criticise Lawson tonight.

These are supposed to be professional sportsmen, but they can't get to a meeting in ample time for the start. FFS.

Before judging do you know the facts? If so please enlighten the rest of us.

Correct, I do not know the facts, however all the other riders managed to get there on time.

Can you ever recall any footballer, rugby player, cricketer, tennis player, etc, etc, etc running on to the pitch, ground or court after the game/match has started?

Correct, I do not know the facts, however all the other riders managed to get there on time.

Can you ever recall any footballer, rugby player, cricketer, tennis player, etc, etc, etc running on to the pitch, ground or court after the game/match has started?

As you admit you don't know the facts then how can anyone else take you serious?

More to the point ... Who cares?

You're just trying to point score and it won't work on here, where there's enough experience to smell it a mile off.

I am not making a point and I am not singling out Lawson as I made exactly the same observation about the Witches pair last week (check the Plymouth v Witches thread). Indeed, I am grateful to Lawson for the points he scored tonight otherwise the result would have been even worse.

Clearly, we will have to agree to disagree as we have different expectations of professional sportsmen.

No problem with that, everyone is entitled to their own opinions.

All the best.

Very much the expected thrashing.

Congrats to Edinburgh on reaching the final - bar not turning up at Foxhall for the 2nd leg the place is in the bag..

Note the smugs didn't kindly delay the start like Plymouth did last week #winatallcost

Except that we did, nearly 7.45 when heat 1 started.

• Like 1

Another load of rubbish from the ipswich riders. Sort it out louis.

I won't be at the return leg

Why? A night at speedway is a social gathering, an evening of entertainment in the company of friends and a chance to watch young men risking their lives by doing amazing things on motorcycles.

You won't go because the riders in one team might not win? How sad you are.

• Like 4

I follow ipswich nearly everywhere, and missing the odd meeting isn't sad, it gives me the opportunity to something else with my friends that I very rarely see cos I'm normally watching ipswich.

A couple of good races tonight with Worral and Lawson working us hard especially sedgy. Result never really in doubt after Lawson not making ht1 and cookie smashing his own track record again.

Should be enough to make the final as cookie, sedgy and Kev should get 35 between them and Sam should hopefully be back. Solid performance from all the team

Cookie was unlucky not to make a great move on Lawson stick, apart from that was much faster than everyone else. 2 times under the previous track record

Tough night for sedgy as Worral ran him hard a couple of times and a trip to the air fence, still 2 paid wins and a solid score

Kev looked fast and unstoppable with a paid Max

Erik starting to be very competitive out the gate consistently although a couple of times to wide on the first bend meant he collected 2 lasts in hard races. Out practising after the meeting again. This lad is peaking perfectly.

7 points for sam's r/r was less than he would have scored including the witches only heat advantages. The cast is off so hopefully back soon

Max looked good with a great win and a battling third, shame his bike failed and prevented him getting his 4th ride

Rob looked like the first time he had seen the track, you cannot fault his effort but trys far too hard. Got his reward with an excellent paid win in ht14 riding side by side with Erik.

Worral got good practice for next week and looked good which should make it interesting as Charles Wright and Josh g both go well at the dale

Rob looked like the first time he had seen the track, you cannot fault his effort but trys far too hard. Got his reward with an excellent paid win in ht14 riding side by side with Erik.

Really starting to wonder if Robs has had one injury too many , doesn't seem to be in the form he was in before his crash, but I guess if your going to be remembered for something in the end , giving 100 percent in every race isn't a bad thing.

Junior

Hardly comparable though is it, in most cases the football and/or rugby team will travel together and where long distance are involved the team will stay in a hotel near by the night before the match, as would the tennis player as most tennis tournaments last a week or so in the same venue.

I am sure Lawson left home in ample time to get to Armadale but as has already been mentioned there were unavoidable and unexpected delays on the A1 near Edniburgh which I`m sure made a lot of people late, not just a speedway rider trying to get to a meeting.

• Like 3

Hardly comparable though is it, in most cases the football and/or rugby team will travel together and where long distance are involved the team will stay in a hotel near by the night before the match, as would the tennis player as most tennis tournaments last a week or so in the same venue.

I am sure Lawson left home in ample time to get to Armadale but as has already been mentioned there were unavoidable and unexpected delays on the A1 near Edniburgh which I`m sure made a lot of people late, not just a speedway rider trying to get to a meeting.

Exactly. In addition to the accident you mention there was also a fatal one on the M9 which may have impacted, I don't know.

Lawson doesn't exactly have a reputation for being late to meetings. How many's he done this year and no late shows?

I doubt many riders turn up late due to their actions, they're impacting on their own pay packets after all and letting down fans and fellow professionals.

Broad sweeping brush treatment is totally unjust.

Edited by george.m
  • Like 2