British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
JamesB

Edinburgh V Witches Select (lc Semi Final First Leg) 14th August

If I've got this correct we will be missing King, Covatti, Tungate, Nielsen and possibly Manzares.

It's difficult to know where to start on the list of possible guests.

For the credibility of the sport, would it not make sense to rearrange this fixture?

If I've got this correct we will be missing King, Covatti, Tungate, Nielsen and possibly Manzares.

It's difficult to know where to start on the list of possible guests.

For the credibility of the sport, would it not make sense to rearrange this fixture?

Agree

Probably.....how did this happen though?

Did Ippo not agree to the date?

Mind you if you do a peterboro and line up some "ringers" you will do better.......time for homework, and yes it does make a mockery of the competition.

Always knew King(riding for Coventry ) and Nielsen(world U21) where going to be missing , im sure Edinburgh more than happy to arrange knowing King was missing .

Gino nothing broke from friday just waiting on doctors clearance .

Tungate ban should end this thurs so should be free to ride .

Covatti can't really plan ahead for injuries .

Meeting booked way in advance for all the the injuries and bans .

I am not sure about Tungate as his ban commenced on 24th July. It may depend on whether the ban started at 00:01 on the 24th or at a later time.

I am sure the MC will make up the answer at some point this week after they have consulted Mr Godfrey. 😉

I am not sure about Tungate as his ban commenced on 24th July. It may depend on whether the ban started at 00:01 on the 24th or at a later time.

I am sure the MC will make up the answer at some point this week after they have consulted Mr Godfrey.

Should be clear to ride 21 day ban which started on fri 25th , 21st day is thurs 13th

• Like 1

Knowing how difficult it is to arrange a cup match with our friends from the dump, we were probably offered this date or sometime in October. There's no way we'd have wanted to go without Danny and Stefan, but as they run the league we probably didn't have a choice. Not the first time, and it wont be the last.

Having said that, as Peterborough proved, if over half your team is out, it can work to your advantage. Not many other teams riding, so let's hope our guests perform like the Panthers guests did last week.

And really looking on the bright, (unlike our last visit) we wont have to carry a reserve who hates the place and is guaranteed not to score.

Edited by spanner47

No we would be happy to see danny, as he stuggles with our top3/4 and Cookie gets to keep him next time he follows Craig home........

However with all those missing bodies Ippo have a real chance of strengthening up.........ricky wells and Stormy agin maybe????

No we would be happy to see danny, as he stuggles with our top3/4 and Cookie gets to keep him next time he follows Craig home........

However with all those missing bodies Ippo have a real chance of strengthening up.........ricky wells and Stormy agin maybe????

Maybe that's part of our cunning plan then.

Trouble is - you might do well at Armadale with carefully chosen guests but we'll totally ** you at Foxhole since Smiler will be back.

Here's who is available.... (well their clubs not riding)

Danny King 9.49
Robert Lambert 8.56
Josh Grajczonek 8.53
Nick Morris 8.45
Richard Lawson 8.43
Steve Worrall 8.08
Ulrich Ostergaard 8.00
Ricky Wells 7.84
Thomas Jorgensen 7.8
Kyle Howarth 7.62
Nico Covatti 7.55
Rene Bach 7.55
Claus Vissing 7.54
Aaron Summers 7.41
Richie Worrall 7.22
Ludvig Lindgren 7.02
Stefan Nielsen 4.34
Tero Aarnio 4.1
Matt Wethers 4.09
Simon Nielsen 4.04
Alex Edberg 4.00
Richard Hall 3.96
Arthur Sissis 3.6
Matt Williamson 3
Oliver Greenwood 3
For me it has to be Lawson and Wethers with r r for Nico.. gives Kurtz an extra ride.
Edited by 2ndbendbeerhut

Trouble is - you might do well at Armadale with carefully chosen guests but we'll totally ** you at Foxhole since Smiler will be back.

As I've said before too many of your riders like Foxhall !

I'd go with

King-Kurtz

Covatti -R Worrall

Nielsen - Hall