British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
barrow boy

Nikki Pedersen Red Carded In Polish Match

It had to happen. He will kill somebody the way he is riding.

Will he indeed?

He did nothing wrong in this race and shouldn't have even been excluded, but that won't stop the Nicki haters waving their arms around. Nicki came by Doyle on the straight who then turned left into him, meaning Nicki was unable to turn.

• Like 3

Looks like you have started this thread without seeing the actual incident concerned, if you had your thread title would've had wrongly in between Pedersen and red.

Its quite clear Pedersen`s reputation preceded him in this instance.

• Like 2

Instances like this, is the reason for people perception of 'Dirty Nicki'. In this instance, he did nothing wrong and was incorrectly blamed. How he was adjudged the cause of the accident is beyond me. Probably the referee had a personal issue with Nicki and made a judgement on who it was and not what he did.

Riders don't come any harder than Jason Doyle who was 100% to blame for this accident. Looking at the video recording Pedersen was 3/4 length ahead before the corner, and Doyle subsequently turned in desperation knowing he had lost his position. But issuing Pedersen with a RED card is laughable and for that alone, the Referee should be disciplined for bringing the sport into disrepute......

• Like 5

When i first saw it, i thought Nicki shouldnt have gone for that gap, but seeing more videos and pictures, it makes me realize that Doyle leaned on him and got off his bike on purpose.

This picture tells a lot:

55c861f38fbef9_42926190.jpg

Nicki going straight didnt even start to turn when Doyle leaning on him he even puts his leg out looking for contact.

Terrible decision Nicki did nothing wrong IMO.Doyle was passed by Nicki and then turned into him,he should have shut off.

Total cobblers. He did nothing wrong as it was Doyale's fault. Pedersen is being victimised but other riders are doing worse.

Red cards are a good idea as some riders are becoming a bit crazy.

AJ was carved up in the GP, has anyone seen him react like that before so it must have been wild ? Kildermand often does crazy moves and got himself on the floor by refusing to shut off when upsides Bomber in the GP. He then put Pedersen through the fence with Zagar.. What about the SWC when the Swede put the Pole in the fence.

Doyle has put two riders on the floor in the GP too. Excluded both times.

Edited by marky
  • Like 1

Utter bollocks. Have you even seen the incident?

• Like 2

He was red carded for taking a swing at Toruns manager with his helmet (but missed) and then as the argument went on, booted him with his left foot.

He was red carded for taking a swing at Toruns manager with his helmet (but missed) and then as the argument went on, booted him with his left foot.

More bias uninformed comment. He was told about the red card before he got to his pit bay. Read his press release.

I didn't see anything dirty about the move, just looked like a racing incident.

If you want to talk about somebody who's going to seriously injure somebody then you should take a look at Kildemand. He's out of control most of the time.

• Like 2

I've watch the video a few times, looked at a few photos. And I have no seen one angle that even begins to suggest Nicki was in the wrong.

News reports say he already knew about the red hard by then. I take it you were also in the pits and can tell us the conversation that was taking place before he went to hit out at the team manager? #TwoSidesToEveryStory

This is written by Paul Burbidge who is a Poole fan and will be friends with Holder Ward and Hancock. Wouldn't want him being an impartial judge.

Monday 10th August 2015, 12:33

Triple world champion admits he was “shocked and surprised” to get thrown out of Leszno’s Polish Ekstraliga meeting at Torun after his coming together with Jason Doyle.

Pedersen powered under the Aussie going into turn three and Doyle crashed hard. The Bulls top gun then straightened up and his speed meant he also collected Pawel Przedpelski.

The Dane says he found out he had been red-card before he even reached his pit bay, where he was then involved in an altercation with Torun team manager Jacek Gajewski.

Pedersen says the Pole broke the rules by crossing the yellow lines separating rival teams’ pit areas and accused him of being verbally abusive, before the 38-year-old swung his helmet and kicked out at him.

"I disagree when the referee excluded me, though, and of course I was even more surprised and shocked he gave me the red card." - Nicki Pedersen

Gajewski denies encroaching into the Leszno pit area, but admits he confronted Pedersen for putting his riders at risk.

While Pedersen’s reaction to Gajewski would have been enough to prompt a red card, the Dane was baffled that he was thrown out of both race and meeting for the on-track incident and says the Polish authorities should stick to their pledge to clamp down on “acting” in the Ekstraliga.

The Odense-born man said: “Doyle tried to make a smart move because I was faster than him. He tried to lean it on me towards the end of the straight. We weren’t even turning at that point.

“I don’t have a problem with Doyley at all and Doyley doesn’t have a problem with me. We flew to Sweden together this morning and I went to him after the crash to ask if he was okay when he was still led under the air fence.

“I disagree when the referee excluded me, though, and of course I was even more surprised and shocked he gave me the red card. I’m wondering what’s going to happen with red cards for other riders.

“If anything, it should have been a red card for acting. They actually had a talk with all the riders the week before in Leszno. The referee took us in and said, ‘if anyone just jumps off the bike on purpose to make out that someone took him off, he’ll get a red card and he’ll be excluded.’

“They’re tired of people coming off the bike for no reason all the time. They want to have racing and close contact, but they don’t want people jumping off the bike for no reason.

“I think it was quite cool of the PZM to say that. But obviously this referee messed it up a little bit and got it the wrong way around.”

Pedersen insists he straightened up to avoid the impact with Doyle. He said: “I tried to turn to the left, but there was only so far I could go when I was coming in that fast.

“I was that close to the white line and my bike straightened up and hit the guy in front. I could hardly turn because the white line was there. I didn’t do anything wrong.”

Pedersen is suspended for Leszno’s home clash with Zielona Gora on Friday as a result of the red card. He feels Gajewski should also be punished for his part in the ugly scenes in the pits, accusing the Torun boss of illegally crossing the yellow lines marking the away team's pit area.

He said: “Coming towards the pits we have these yellow lines, which I think is a bit stupid, but I respected them. I can see their point now. This trainer from Torun approached me, and it’s not the first time he has done it to me. He has done it two or three times before.

“He was standing right in the pit bay, looking very arrogant. He was spitting at me and saying some really bad words – some really awful Polish words and also one in English.

“I’d just been told I’d had a red card that I felt was unfair and completely insane. Then he was stood there at my bay and wouldn’t even give me one minute or speak to me later. I pushed him out of my bay because I just wanted to go away and think about what had actually happened.

“I shouldn’t have been put in that situation. I was not angry at anybody – not even at Doyley. I was more shocked than anything. I know this kind of thing happens with racing and referees, and sometimes they’re a little quick on the button with who’s going to get excluded.

“For the Torun manager to stand there was planned – he was meant to stand there and wind me up. Things like that should not happen and that’s why the lines are there. I’m pretty sure something will happen to him too, otherwise there is no reason for the yellow lines.”

Speaking to Sportowefakty.pl, Gajewski denies entering the Leszno pits, but admitted he was far from happy with a move he felt could have ended Doyle or Przedpelski’s season.

He said: “I did not walk into Nicki’s zone. He tried to hit me with his helmet, which he dropped. People stood between us. Then Nicki showed very great courage. He kicked me in the right leg.

“Certain behaviour off the track with respect to Pedersen is the result of what he does on the track. He has already upset Greg Hancock, who is a very calm man. Everything that happens with Nicki raises strong emotions in people. He causes unnecessary tensions. Fortunately, nothing serious happened to Doyle and Przedpelski because their season could have ended.”

I've watch the video a few times, looked at a few photos. And I have no seen one angle that even begins to suggest Nicki was in the wrong.

Same here. Sadly I think it was reputation that got him the red card, that and a certain whining Aussie who has a habit of going down or racing too hard and on a few occasions this season it's resulted in SGP exclusions.

Not quite sure why when Pedersen hits out there is outrage but when Hancock does it Infront of a stadium of families he's treated like a hero.

Edited by mdmc82
  • Like 2