British Speedway Forum
dantodan

Newcastle Diamonds V Berwick Bandits Premier League Sunday 16th August 2015

Was truly sh*** tonight riding for Swindon as an apparent replacement for Lewis Rose. First and foremost to the post, he clearly had a run of good form last night, and good luck to the lad. However, more worrying is Lewis being dropped by the Robins- is he fit or not? Hopefully just Swindon pushing for a play-off spot.

Yes not a great night but that is hardly called for I doubt Rose would have dine better as I understand he is only there while Rose is out injured.

Junior

Point of post is the currant likelihood of Lewis Roses' return to the Diamonds as a viable rider . Whether Branford can cut it at so called EL level is purely secondary to this. Looked good at Brough though!

Branford really surprised me as he is usually out of control and crashing, but last night he was still aggressive but fast and safer. I believe he is also carrying injuries, which makes his performance even better.

Shows how much you know you can count Robs crashes in a season on one hand , a supporter with no idea.

Junior

Keep ya hair on. I read on here that Robert had a stack of consecutive meetings, and was carrying injuries. If you try to read my post properly you would see I was actually praising him. Try to not be so defensive.

"a supporter with no idea" ha ha, that's a new one. Oh the irony.

Just read your post on the Edinburgh meeting last Friday, and blow me but it was YOU that made the comment about one too many injuries for Robert. :nono:

Point of post is the currant likelihood of Lewis Roses' return to the Diamonds as a viable rider . Whether Branford can cut it at so called EL level is purely secondary to this. Looked good at Brough though!

Dad's are usually defensive. :P

Being having to be effectively forced to take a 'clap lap' for his win shows that the lad is lacking confidence. Cmon Anton, finish the season on a flyer!

Tempted Dave, but this is a family forum. Thought myself that the younger lads seemed quicker than the older ones in the second half. Admit to only seeing the first four heats though.

Thought about saying 'split', but I think i would have got the same comment.

Interesting you say that, as I posted a comparison of winning times and young Harry on a 125cc was only slower by 1.30 seconds for the average 500cc winning times.

Edited by Tsunami

Interesting you say that, as I posted a comparison of winning times and young Harry on a 125cc was only slower by 1.30 seconds for the average 500cc winning times.

So if a young kid can get within 1.3 seconds when riding a quarter capacity bike, then presumably a 125 in the hands of a senior (PL) rider might be even faster than the current 500's?

There ya go - cost of riding slashed at a stroke and the punters wouldn't even notice.

• Like 2

So if a young kid can get within 1.3 seconds when riding a quarter capacity bike, then presumably a 125 in the hands of a senior (PL) rider might be even faster than the current 500's?

There ya go - cost of riding slashed at a stroke and the punters wouldn't even notice.

Both average times in the NJL meeting mind. :D

Have none of you payed any attention to the NJL before? the 125/150cc races are over 3 laps where as the 500cc races are over the normal 4 laps

Wrong. It is only 3 laps at places like Berwick, the rest are riding 4 laps the same as the 500's.

Dave Rowland - Gems Team manager

Wrong. It is only 3 laps at places like Berwick, the rest are riding 4 laps the same as the 500's.

Dave,,, are the 125/150 lads known as the 'midget gems' ??? :)

• Like 1

I do apologise, first I have heard of that, I suppose it makes a little bit of sense
  • Like 1

no, I stand somewhere between the line and the 'video man', (beside the man with grey hair),,, I would say half a wheel,,, the refs view was probably obscured by Nielsen on this side,,, am sure if ye buy the video, you'll find out ;)

I hope last nights 'programme' answers your question ;)