British Speedway Forum
Phil The Ace

Belle Vue -v- Swindon Monday 17th August

So is this still a massive match after last night Lynn away win.

For me it's kind of took the excitement away from this fixture. Really this should have been on sky.

Morris should be back. He rides kirk lane well usually and had a good meeting in Denmark on Friday so seems to be no side affects of his injury.

Will krcmar ride or will he pick up an illness or injury and get a guest in???

So is this still a massive match after last night Lynn away win.

For me it's kind of took the excitement away from this fixture. Really this should have been on sky.

Morris should be back. He rides kirk lane well usually and had a good meeting in Denmark on Friday so seems to be no side affects of his injury.

Will krcmar ride or will he pick up an illness or injury and get a guest in???

It's not over till it's over, it's a huge task but not mathematically impossible yet. however if Belle Vue lose this then that would be them out of the race as not enough meetings left.

Sky have a strange way of deciding what to show. Swindon were thrashed at Poole only a couple of weeks ago so will need to really up their game to make a meeting of it Wed, yet this meeting is of huge importance to the play offs and impossible to predict and yet it's not on TV.

It's not over till it's over, it's a huge task but not mathematically impossible yet. however if Belle Vue lose this then that would be them out of the race as not enough meetings left.

Sky have a strange way of deciding what to show. Swindon were thrashed at Poole only a couple of weeks ago so will need to really up their game to make a meeting of it Wed, yet this meeting is of huge importance to the play offs and impossible to predict and yet it's not on TV.

MIGHT have something to do with Monday night football on Sky ... preferring a Wednesday fixture for speedway

• Like 1

Hard one to call but Swindon really do need to reverse the crucial home defeat administered last time out at Blunsdon. They are capable of doing so but will depend if they are fired up for it. I would have thought that this was a "must broadcast" meeting for Sky - but apparently not!

Edited by Steve0
  • Like 1

MIGHT have something to do with Monday night football on Sky ... preferring a Wednesday fixture for speedway

I support Liverpool who are playing tomorrow night but would have still watched this meeting instead of it had been on.

Let's just hope Swindon put up a better show than their last visit to Poole

Philip, please stop giving sensible opinions.........this is a speedway forum after all!!!!!!!!!! :D:t:

I support Liverpool who are playing tomorrow night but would have still watched this meeting instead of it had been on.

Should be a good meeting with Ward now 'dialled in' rather than when he visited Poole last - to ride!!

Although Liverpool v the Premier new boys would still be a good choice.

• Like 1

You can't be that much of a Liverpool fan if you would rather watch a speedway match that doesn't involve your own team.

Any speedway is better than twenty people running around after a bag of air.

An even more important meeting for a top four place since KL won on Sat.

A difficult match to predict as some riders are inconsistent in their scoring.

Swindon should get at least 1 point from this, hopefully more.

Edited by A ORLOV
  • Like 2

You can't be that much of a Liverpool fan if you would rather watch a speedway match that doesn't involve your own team.

Huge meeting for the play offs.

Could always flick between the two, it's only our 2nd game of the season.

I'd like to think we could win here after running them so close earlier in the year but the realist in me tells me that our only away wins have been against gash teams so why should we suddenly start winning at places like BV. I hope I'm wrong though

Looking forward to this one, can only see a Belle Vue win, do the gates open at 6 or 6.30 ?

I would like to see Belle Vue win but unfortunately I think it will be Swindon going home with the points.

Craig Cook has been in brilliant form in the PL this week, Belle Vue are going to need him riding like that tomorrow.

Edited by mdmc82

Looking forward to this one, can only see a Belle Vue win, do the gates open at 6 or 6.30 ?

6:30